Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just want my pot of gold dangit. And I don't drink beer, especially if it's green.

They do like to dye the river green here in Chicago though every year. We're a bankrupt state with taxes, gas prices, etc, being some of the highest in the country, and yet somehow they can afford to dye the river green. I wonder how many thousands are wasted on that. They're cutting funding for social services for the poor, closing hospitals, etc, but they can dye the river green and hold a parade for folks who don't even live in the city but just want an excuse to go down to the city to get drunk with everyone else. This requires overtime to pay for extra security, etc, even though they're also closing police departments in the city, laying off staff....and on, and on, and on. Priorities, ya know?

Illinois....home of financial brilliance. :rolleyes:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Man, what a long day. When do I get to start drinking?

Maryn, busy but accomplishing almost nothing which shows

Russ Mars

Interesting little planet you've got here.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to start drinking tomorrow. Right now, I'm about to go into a food coma. I made my world famous corned beef & cabbage. I had to make it tonight. Did you miss that part where I said I'm going to be drinking tomorrow?

If you'd like to make my world famous corned beef & cabbage for St. Pat's Day, or just see why I'm about to slip into a food coma, check it out here. (Shameless plug)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For a good Oirish girl, I'm a disgrace. I don't much like corned beef and cabbage. (And I don't even own a pressure cooker or a crock pot.)

Scandalous, yes? Still, the recipe sounds good to me.

We'll be cooking out tonight, first time of the season, since our warm winter has become a way early spring. Just burgers, turkey for me and Mr. Maryn, who don't eat a lot of red meat because Mr. Maryn shouldn't (Aren't I a good wife?), beef for The Kid.

And beer, of course!

Maryn, formerly a McCauley

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Saint Pat everybody!
(although he wasn't really Irish but a Romanized Briton.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think Monday I might need to take advantage of the sales and acquire some green decorations. I have a dark green tablecloth and some green candles of various non-matching shades. That's about all I can do.

Maryn, who didn't have the money to decorate when the kids were little

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
We're a bankrupt state with taxes, gas prices, etc, being some of the highest in the country, and yet somehow they can afford to dye the river green...]Illinois....home of financial brilliance[/FONT]. :rolleyes:
Could it be possible your state is located within this little town I hope to escape soon? Sounds like the same damn mindset, the same damn place! :Shrug:

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Hi gang, and Happy St. Patrick's to those who celebrated. I'm as Irish as I'm Chinese, and I'm on antibiotics so no beer allowed. Beh. I did have a reuben, which is basically a corned beef and cabbage (sauerkraut) sandwich - the pink sauce and cheese were our contribution. :D (Interestingly, parve kosher rules forbid putting cheese on a reuben - I learned that at a fave deli in Westchester. I wasn't crazy about the processed cheese substitute they used...:()

In other news, my PHP is awesome...uh, that means the client's website is now secure and functional as well as good looking. Now I need someone to hold a gun to my head until I finish my treatments, animation, and guitar projects lying around.

Last edited:

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
(All day, has been remembering John Candy's polka band, the Kenosha Kickers in Home Alone, all because Maryn made some Wisconsin good guess about a polka referencing post). The Puget Sound area had a nice afternoon and the day after St. Urho's Day was duly celebrated.

Trevor, humming "give me some men who are stout-livered men" oops, livered doesn't satisfy spellcheck

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
I think next year I will start a campaign to get St.David of Wales the recognition he deserves in honor of my Welsh heritage.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good idea Komnena. I didn't leave my house yesterday so I didn't reaaly celebrate st pat but I did talk about what he did to become a saint. I think he be appalled by green beer.

Icleaned some today. I want a maid for my bday

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
We were gone part of the weekend for the funeral of one of my cousins. We came home early Saturday and walked through the celebrants to a local restaurant.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Did anybody else watch the "Frozen Planet" episodes on Discovery channel tonight? Mr. Maryn and I started laughing at the sheer number of times we said, "Wow!" Then we starting thinking of other ways to express our awe until it got kind of silly. And we're not even drinking!

Maryn, winding down rapidly as the hour grows late

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome peydob.
I forgot about frozen planet. I would like to see it. We watched aliens. I have not seen it. It was good.

Thanks sassandgroove

It's good to watch the frozen planet when everyone is talking about global warming.It sort of cools you down and also it makes you wonder.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya, peydob. Mr. Maryn and I joked that they should have aired it in August, when the sight of all that snow and ice would be really welcome. Of course, they're pushing a movie release in April during every ad break, which is why it's on now.

Both Discovery and Animal Planet channels ran it again starting at 11:00 p.m., so anybody who wishes they'd caught it, check late-night listings. I bet it pops up again.

Maryn, whose coffee has gone lukewarm

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
It's good to watch the frozen planet when everyone is talking about global warming.It sort of cools you down and also it makes you wonder.
I think it's quite interesting that the Discovery Channel and ten networks initially refused to air the final episode in the U.S.--the one dealing with global warming--supposedly for fear of inciting political controversy. I wonder which big-oil mouthpiece was yanking their chain.

Ya gotta love the propaganda and censorship of mainstream media.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The doctor drained the swelling in my knee today. It feels better but I am worried it will just get swollen again. Ice, meds and exercise. Next is the dermotologist. Then new general practioner in April. I'll get there - I hope.

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's quite interesting that the Discovery Channel and ten networks initially refused to air the final episode in the U.S.--the one dealing with global warming--supposedly for fear of inciting political controversy. I wonder which big-oil mouthpiece was yanking their chain.

Ya gotta love the propaganda and censorship of mainstream media.

[FONT=&quot]We are just spectators.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This passage in itself might be misleading unless you read the whole transcript of the speech given by Noam Chomsky.[/FONT]

So, look at those three things and see what they say, and look at the leading figures who have written about this.

They all say (I’m partly quoting), the general population is "ignorant and meddlesome outsiders."
We have to keep them out of the public arena because they are too stupid and if they get involved they will just make trouble.

Their job is to be "spectators," not "participants."

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
Hiya, peydob. Mr. Maryn and I joked that they should have aired it in August, when the sight of all that snow and ice would be really welcome. Of course, they're pushing a movie release in April during every ad break, which is why it's on now.

Both Discovery and Animal Planet channels ran it again starting at 11:00 p.m., so anybody who wishes they'd caught it, check late-night listings. I bet it pops up again.

Maryn, whose coffee has gone lukewarm

[FONT=&quot]Well those TV channels know their business, don't they (even though TV commercials can be really annoying they are informative...on occasion ) and people are now able to preorder Frozen Planet: The Complete Series (2012) which is to be released on April 17, 2012. It's also available in Blu-ray I think and it's not expensive, about 30 dollars.[/FONT]

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
We are just spectators.
Yes, "their" view of "us." Odd how many accept the role of sheep. It's a choice.

Ah, yes, my good friend Noam; I'd read this some time ago. Thanks for posting a link to it!

Ultimately, it goes to who controls mainstream media, and that can be summed up in three words: The High Cabal.

Status
Not open for further replies.