Status
Not open for further replies.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
My characters have as much sex as I have had in my whole life. None.

Seriously, the one time I describe a sex scene my character prefer watch TV while doing it and calling it "an obligation"

Is there's something wrong with me?

Reaction score
One of them is bisexual, so there!

No, wait. Two of them are. Dirty bitches.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Can my characters go to church? And not only to have some hidden smecks on the confession booth ;)

nayner

Needs more sleep.
Registered
Reaction score
My friends and I used to use those books as reading lists.

I totally did that too. However, I was very upset when the sexy reasons they were banned were beyond tame. I would be flipping through some boring classic and wondering where all the graphic sex was.

Reaction score
Perhaps it was the way I phrased it.

Willies up the bum-bum, anyone?

Sheesh. I really must stop.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Not everyone has two holes like you hioghty toighty women.

So don't be a sticking your nose up at the other options!

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
okay, I know I've been perpetuating this, but pleaaase let's not let this thread deteriorate too far? I really did post this for a reason, not just to give us a place to banter.

Reaction score
Hmm. Well the short answer is your characters can do what the heck they like.

I'm guessing the YA/adult question comes in with the presentation or your style.

Ciera_

=(
Reading this thread, I feel so very tame as a writer. I have no animal-lovin', no dead-people-lovin', no instances of the word 'poo' at all, no specific mention of the 'backdoor boogie' (by the way, I'd never heard it called that. You learn something new every day.)
*hangs head in shame* My MC even goes to a church and takes the wise advice of a priest at one point! It helps her through her emotional turmoil!
I suppose I'm no tamer (read: sickeningly prudish) than is to be expected. I haven't had a chance to grow into my real potential, yet. You folks are probably helping that go a lot faster. I commend you!
ETA:
"Ciera, where did you learn such rude, anatomical specificity?"
"The bad people on the forum taught me, Mommy!"

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't said a thing about "graphic." There are sex scenes that are too graphic for YA. The same scenes are too graphic for mainstream adult fiction. They cross the line into erotica. And there's no YA erotica section (yet?) soooo...

Rainbow Boys, Rainbow High, and Rainbow Road by Alex Sanchez all include and mention anal sex.

Glenakin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
glenakinsays.blogspot.com
I haven't said a thing about "graphic." There are sex scenes that are too graphic for YA. The same scenes are too graphic for mainstream adult fiction. They cross the line into erotica. And there's no YA erotica section (yet?) soooo...

Rainbow Boys, Rainbow High, and Rainbow Road by Alex Sanchez all include and mention anal sex.

And Rainbow Boys, Rainbow High, and Rainbow Road by Alex Sanchez got WTF reactions from people (or adults - it's usually them).

I'm not saying writers aren't allowed to write anal sex or mention it in their books; I'm saying it will get a WTF, which is why i said WTF.

It's like an unwritten rule ... and it wasn't conceived by me :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.