amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Oh! And, in very good news, my 8 year old phalaenopsis orchid appears to want to bloom again, the trooper.

Huzzah!

Killed it again.

:e2bummed: sorry.

In other news, I moved a box to the couch and the cat has gone nuts in it. It's been sitting on the floor for weeks, but on the couch, it's grand fun!!

Cats are weird.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Wait, does that mean we all have 10s number?
I guess.
Cats are weird.
Yes indeedy. My cat does odd things like that.

Morning cantinas :Sun:

Food making this morning. I think my enthusiasm is evaporating though. I think I'm going to get a radio with an MP3 player built in. then I can listen to an audiobook as I work in the kitchen. That would make it far more interesting.

Is there anymore coffee?

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Cantina. I've just started six days' leave, though I'm sure it'll be over before I know it. I'll be in Bradford at their Film Festival (Widescreen weekend) later in the week/next weekend.

As the Monday after that (7 May) is a UK bank holiday, I could get used to the short weeks. Especially as we have a four-day weekend for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee at the beginning of June.

In less good news, I had a visit from the fire brigade earlier in the week, and now have a written-off gas cooker. No other damage apart from smoke to the wallpaper behind it, fortunately. Insurance loss adjuster is visiting on Wednesday morning. I do have a microwave oven, so can still cook things.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning folks.

Gina, we need pics of cat in box.

Eye, glad you're ok. Dont nuke the hell out of your food ;)

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Good morning Cantina. I've just started six days' leave, though I'm sure it'll be over before I know it. I'll be in Bradford at their Film Festival (Widescreen weekend) later in the week/next weekend.

That sounds like a lot of fun! Hope you have a great vacation! :)

I've been up all night due to insomnia and have given up trying to sleep. Guess its time to wreak a little havoc on my WIP. When I get like this I tend to go off plan/outline and do crazy things my normal writerly self wouldn't consider.

Oh, and I made chicken nuggets and tots for breakfast. Yeah. It's one of those days.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Friends!

I'm still here and Baby Kricket is still in my tummy. :(

But, I have an appointment to be induced Monday. So if nothing else, I'll have him by then. But I'm trying everything I can to make him come sooner, the idea of being induced doesn't sound all that pleasant to me.

ION, my sister (not Green, for those who remember her) has been watching Little Kricket and the dog while we go to doctors and stuff. My sister already has two dogs who are much bigger than my Happy and apparently, Happy gets very defensive of Little Kricket. If one of the bigger dogs is following Little K around, Happy follows the dog and barks all defensive like.

I jokingly told Happy the other day that he had to watch and take care of Little K while we were gone. I guess he took me seriously. :)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Kricket, I hope Baby Kricket hurries up and comes out soon.

In other news, omelet or waffle for breakfast? I can't decide.

Midian

My sarcasm got the better of me.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkslingereditorialservices.com
Hi Friends!

I'm still here and Baby Kricket is still in my tummy. :(

But, I have an appointment to be induced Monday. So if nothing else, I'll have him by then. But I'm trying everything I can to make him come sooner, the idea of being induced doesn't sound all that pleasant to me.

Sending MEGA baby vibes! Been induced...not pleasant. Don't make the same mistake I did, GET THE EPI! My first was induced and it's worse than any natural contraction. Pitocin is evil! Get the epi. Better yet, have the baby this weekend! Eat some spicy food, have lots of sex and put on the belly belt for some serious jumping jacks - leave no wive's tale undone!

:animal <----super Animal baby vibes

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Sending MEGA baby vibes! Been induced...not pleasant. Don't make the same mistake I did, GET THE EPI! My first was induced and it's worse than any natural contraction. Pitocin is evil! Get the epi. Better yet, have the baby this weekend! Eat some spicy food, have lots of sex and put on the belly belt for some serious jumping jacks - leave no wive's tale undone!

:animal <----super Animal baby vibes

I had a epi with my first and I wouldn't do without it. :) And I'm planing on trying all of the above. ;) Even bought a exercise ball yesterday that I've been hopping around on, pretty fun actually.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
have the baby today, Kricket! Then we can share a birthday!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Better yet, have the baby this weekend! Eat some spicy food, have lots of sex and put on the belly belt for some serious jumping jacks - leave no wive's tale undone!

or, you know, buy a ticket for something this weekend that you'd be really bummed if you missed, and baby will be sure to show up just in time to keep you from going :)

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
have the baby today, Kricket! Then we can share a birthday!

Hehe! Happy birthday!

or, you know, buy a ticket for something this weekend that you'd be really bummed if you missed, and baby will be sure to show up just in time to keep you from going :)

That's is a very clever idea and I bet it would work too... Now to find something to go to... *wanders off*

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning folks.

Gina, we need pics of cat in box.

Eye, glad you're ok. Dont nuke the hell out of your food ;)

*starts chant of "nuke it! nuke it!" just to stir controversy*

:D

Actually, they've done studies which have shown that for some things, the microwave is one of the better options.

Those are mostly vegetables, though.

cook.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.