Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I am struggling to believe today's front page headline in the Sun Newspaper (which I've quoted above, it's not on the website)

The local (next town) non-league team has reached the 5th round of the FA Cup, which is staggering enough in itself (only the 6th non-league team ever to get this far), but now they've drawn Man United.

Everyone's going bananas....

RobJ

Banned
Reaction score
That's the beauty of the FA Cup. Any predictions on the score? Anyone think it'll be close? :D

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
FA cup is kind of akin to the Superbowl thingummy, only in football (soccer to you). A local team has made it to the last sixteen, at roughly the same odds as a donkey qualifying for the Grand National (Kentucky Derby) and now have to beat one of the best teams in the UK....

But win or lose, this is great news for Crawley as the match will be televised so they should get a nice revenue boost.

Any predictions on the score?
The Crawley manager has been quoted as saying that a tiny fraction of a percentage of him thinks they can actually pull it off. I would so love if they at least forced a draw for a rematch. Creepy Crawley inundated with Man U supporters. The stadium only holds five thousand!

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Can we talk about Elizabeth Gaskell or Jane Austen instead?

Sure, but if you pick one, you're going to need a great holding midfielder playing behind them.