Status
Not open for further replies.

plunderpuss

Patron Saint of Sarcasm
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkshark.net
I don't actually know if it's technically a horror story, but it's the closest I can categorize without reading it again--which I can't do until I find out what it's called and who wrote it!

It's a short story about this bottle with a devil inside of it. Every time someone gets this thing, they find out it ruins their life and they can't get rid of it--unless they sell it to someone else for less money than they paid for it. One of the characters has to travel all the way to France so he can sell it to someone for a decime.

Yeah, that's all I remember, and Google is laughing in my face. I'm annoyed because I remember really liking it, though I've not read it since I was probably twelve or so. (This means the story is um, not very new. haha)

Anyone else remember it?

plunderpuss

Patron Saint of Sarcasm
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkshark.net
YES.

Now why the hell couldn't I find such a famous story on my own?! I guess because I kept thinking I needed the word "devil" in there instead of "imp." No matter. I'm glad to look like an idiot if it gets the job done, and it did.

Thank you!

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
You're welcome.

It took me a couple of tries in google to find it, but I used the information you gave me and wrote short story bottle devil france, which provided some links to a Robert Louis Stevenson work. From there is was a gentle ride on the internet highway, or something. :D

plunderpuss

Patron Saint of Sarcasm
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkshark.net
Man, after re-reading it, I certainly found one thing to be horror: my memory. I didn't do such a hot job recalling it (though it's even more awesome than I remembered).

Status
Not open for further replies.