The Girlie Thread

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yea, totally with ya...and with that I'll add....

I asked my Gyno once if my ovulation was normal because I cramp worse than during my P, he told me "be happy you know when you have an egg"....I felt like a hen. "Be glad" ???? That was all I got.
Uh- no. Get a second opinion. I had cramping during my ovulation and asked about it. My gyno sent me to get a sonogram and it turned out I had ovarian cysts. I remember she said it was a centimeter* or somthing, and I said that's not that big, and she said, well it's three* times bigger than your ovary. OH- so that's why it hurts. ANyway my gyno put me on birth control (yasmin is what I am taking) and i haven't had cysts or cramping during my ovulation since. and my period is shorter and lighter to boot.

I PMed you to incase this repsponse gets lost.

oy forgot the foot note.

*sizes not accurate as it was 5 years ago at least.

Hope you are feeling better. Sassy

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
It's not a reliable discomfort - some ovulations are worse than others, and sometimes I feel mild pain near where I assume my right ovary is. Is it conincidental, and in time with ovulation that I feel this pain? I don't mean debilitating pain either, just a blunt kind of ache. HOWEVER I do notice, sometimes when I twist, like in a position in bed, rolling over or something, I get a sharp pain in the same area.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
QUICK UPDATE

Good, very good. Make an immunosuppressed kid sit in the waiting room of an ER for hours! That'll make him better!!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid people!!!! Grrrrrrrrr. Ok, I'd better go before I start using foul language. I want to save that for when I get there.

Oh no! I'm praying for you and your son that it all works out - quickly. I'd be pissed too, and I think you have every right to use as many choice words as you want! I would! Let us know how it goes.

Yes, good luck to you, storygirl. Remember we can't be too assertive when it comes to health care and such, as DH pointed out to us a few pages back.
Thanks girlies! I didn't have to whip out one curse word. Actually, the guy at the ER desk was really super nice, didn't make my son wait, and got him back right away. I was kind of disappointed. I wanted to yell at someone! And I was deeply grateful. Son will be fine, I'm sure. His biggest concern was that he has a soccer tournament he's been training for for months on Sat and Sun and he doesn't want to miss it. It was kind of funny to listen to him argue with the doc through the mask that he has to wear anytime we go into a hospital. The biggest threat (his kidneys) seem to be doing fine right now and we'll just watch it real close for the next few days.

I know this was a few pages back, but I just had to comment on this:
Can I borrow some? I am indeed cursed with the flat butt.
You can have some of my butt, I have plenty, but if anyone has any spare cleavage, I'm a bit short on that.

:D

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Jennifer, have you told your doc about the pain? It sounds like something that should be checked out.

Okay girls, I know boys have been sneaking in and scaring you off, but it's time to dish. I'm bored. We could all get in our underwear and have a pillow fight.

HHAAAHHHAAAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahaha!

Pfff, not gonna happen lurking boys...SO OUT!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I did, remember....."be glad you know when you have eggs..." I'm going to schedule a visit to discuss BC methods, I'll bring it up again. Its timing is close with my ovulation so I'm not too worried...

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
You told the doc about the pain when you move a certain way too? Pain that isn't during your period, right?

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
Our anniversary is called Slap Day, by the way. Ten years ago yesterday I slapped him hard in the face and demanded he take me home with him. Yesterday I didn't even slap him like I usually do on our anniversary. That's how he knew I was really upset with him.

That's quite a touching story, DH.

:D

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Morning girlies!

Quick question, how's your self image?

On a scale of one to ten (one being barely discernible as belonging to the human species and ten being steamy hot!) how would you rate yourself. Just curious.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Morning girlies!

On a scale of one to ten (one being barely discernible as belonging to the human species and ten being steamy hot!) how would you rate yourself. Just curious.

Ugh, a seven. Five months ago I'd say an eight but I gained ten pounds.

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I'm not lazy, I don't dislike taking care of my kids and misterwrites is a good dad. I'm aware of my amazing blessings, and wouldn't change my life or circumstance.

But give me a break already! A moment to myself? Can you do something for yourself once in awhile instead of demanding it from me?

Argh!

I have the nicest, kindest, sweetest mother-in-law. She raised many children. She calls the phenomenom you describe as being "pecked to death."

I know the feeling all too well. I'm home with my kids. They are very used to letting ME know what they need, but it can be infuriating. My hubby might be on the couch with a book, but if the kids need anything at all it will be me they come to. I might be up to my knees in dirty laundry or up to my elbows in dishes and it will still be me they come to.

My hubby is pretty good. If I ask him to help them, he will do so. Sometimes, though, I wish he'd just notice that I'm really busy and that they need help. I wish he'd notice without having to be asked.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
My hubby is pretty good. If I ask him to help them, he will do so. Sometimes, though, I wish he'd just notice that I'm really busy and that they need help. I wish he'd notice without having to be asked.

My best friend and I discussed this very thing last night. It seems men are oblivious and won't (or can't) recognize our need for help. Why must we voice it? If they see we're stressed and multi-tasking with about eight things, why can't they step forward and say, "Honey, I can help, what do you need?"

Early in our marriage I was doing some cleaning. Because it was handy, I left the two trash bags I'd compiled in the middle of the kitchen floor. I figured misterwrites would grab them on his way out next time he went, right? No. He stepped over them, time and time again, until I TOLD him they needed to go outside. Wake up, dude!

Storygirl, it depends on the day, but I'd say I average at about 7.5.

dolores haze

Registered
Reaction score
Aww, Janna. I'm sorry.

My hubby and I have been in a fight over meals lately. He wants me to cook more but complains abut everything I make (he's a good cook). It all came to a head last Friday when, despite my ignored requests for him to help with the prep, he didn't like the food. I made carne asada and FORGIVE ME for it not having the appropriate spice level to please Mr. Mexican, but I liked it and thought it tasted good. While we ate he rattled off things I should've done to make it better (all of which would've happened if he'd helped me) so I told him he was making me feel like a piece of shit. His response? "Well this is a piece of shit meal!"

I pointed out that nothing was burned and everything was cooked properly. Any normal person would be thrilled with this, but he's really picky. (He's usually disappointed with meals at restaurants, too.)

Needless to say I have no desire to cook for him anymore. I finally caved last night and made it to my liking. I keep trying to please him - which doesn't happen - so I made something I often make for lunch. Of course he didn't like it and doctored it up himself when I'd finished eaten. He made suggestions but was much nicer about it.

Then this morning he decided to make oatmeal and forgot about it, burning it for the third time this week. I told him (without thinking) that he was banned from the stove and he replied that if he had a wife that would cook it wouldn't be a problem.

How the F do I deal with this? He works 10 hour days, 6 days a week, and I'm home all day without children. I think it's fair that I cook but when nothing pleases him I want to let him starve.

This won't be helpful:

If my hubby was showing that kind of attitude towards the food I cook for him he would find himself wearing it and cooking for himself until his attitude changed.

This might be more helpful:

Get some good cookbooks and follow the recipes. My favorite cookbook is Rick Bayless' 'Authentic Mexican.' He and his wife spent ten years collecting these recipes from restaurants, chefs and Mexican women. Delicious! I have a hard time getting some of the ingredients, but that shouldn't be a problem for you.

Exchange cooking lessons for English lessons with a nice lady in your neighbourhood. Could be a nice and mutually beneficial way to make some new friends.

Expand hubby's horizons - he might be hard to please in the Mexican food department, but you could blow his picky mind with an outstanding dish from another culture. Plus, if he's never had it before it would be hard for him to critique it.

dolores haze

Registered
Reaction score

I'm all over the place. Certain times of the month I think I look like shit; other times I feel like a red hot mamma. Hubby thinks I'm red hot ALL the time.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
This won't be helpful:

If my hubby was showing that kind of attitude towards the food I cook for him he would find himself wearing it and cooking for himself until his attitude changed.

This might be more helpful:

Get some good cookbooks and follow the recipes. My favorite cookbook is Rick Bayless' 'Authentic Mexican.' He and his wife spent ten years collecting these recipes from restaurants, chefs and Mexican women. Delicious! I have a hard time getting some of the ingredients, but that shouldn't be a problem for you.

Exchange cooking lessons for English lessons with a nice lady in your neighbourhood. Could be a nice and mutually beneficial way to make some new friends.

Expand hubby's horizons - he might be hard to please in the Mexican food department, but you could blow his picky mind with an outstanding dish from another culture. Plus, if he's never had it before it would be hard for him to critique it.

I like the throwing idea. I've gotten into the bad habit of throwing little things out the window (bits of food, toothpicks) because it's just a roof below that window and LOTS of animals to eat those bits of food. I had to fight myself not to throw the entire meal out the window.

I didn't cook for him for five days, but when he ate oatmeal for the second time in one day (his other meal was at work), I cracked. I plan to talk to him today about SHOWING me how he wants things made because he can't expect me to figure it out on my own. He is really picky and often doesn't like the food we get at restaurants. Last night we picked something up from a neighborhood place - I loved it and he declared he'd never go back there. But I think I know how to replicate what we had.

There are a couple things he likes that I make but I get bored and like to experiment, and that's where the trouble happens. He likes food besides Mexican but we can't get the ingredients for THOSE things. I think that's part of the problem - we're both sick to death of Mexican food and would kill for Thai or Indian.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
That really bites melanie. I do most of the cooking in our house and I can admit to being picky, but when Kthrok makes dinner for me (he does that once in awhile) and doesn't necessarily do it how I would, I still tell him it was good (which it usually is!). I don't complain about the pork chops being spiced differently or him being too lazy to bbq the hot dogs, I just eat and am grateful that I got a night off. On the different spices...he is going to die one of these days cause his blend for pork is to die for and he can't remember what he uses!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, a seven. Five months ago I'd say an eight but I gained ten pounds.

Storygirl, it depends on the day, but I'd say I average at about 7.5.

I'm all over the place. Certain times of the month I think I look like shit; other times I feel like a red hot mamma. Hubby thinks I'm red hot ALL the time.
I waiver back and forth too, but I've had Hubby complain, and some others, that my bad self image is tiring (and it is, I know it). I'd rate myself, being brutally honest, somewhere between a 5 and 6.5 on most days, good days, a 7. So I may be a tad lower than some, but it looks like we're all about at the same level of self image.

I was just wondering if mine was that bad compared to others.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
My self-esteem used to be very low. I'd say near a 3 or 4. But as I've gotten older I've learned how to appreciate and love myself, not care about what others think, and have nearly figured out what confidence is all about.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
It seems men are oblivious and won't (or can't) recognize our need for help. Why must we voice it? If they see we're stressed and multi-tasking with about eight things, why can't they step forward and say, "Honey, I can help, what do you need?"
Simply, because we don't ask for it. I'm gonna play devil's advocate here.

I remember one time in particular, we were at the fair, my son was 6 months old, my daughter two and a half. I was holding my son while my daughter helped push the empty stroller, she fell, started crying. My gigantic baby bag (hooked on the handles of the small, collapsible stroller) tips the damn stroller and it lands on top of my daughter. I pick up the 20lb baby bag, grip it in my teeth (thank goodness for my jaws of steel), still holding my now squirming son, and picking up my toddler and trying to soothe her and lifting the stroller with my foot, trying to get it on its wheels again. My Hubby is standing there. "How about a little help?!?!" I yell, none too nicely or patiently through my teeth clenched around the cloth handle of the baby bag.
That's when he finally notices the chaos going on around him, and steps in (of course at this point, everything he did was wrong, so even his "help" got him yelled at).

Granted, Hubby has much improved since then, but he honestly wasn't paying attention. If I put trash bags in our kitchen, Hubby would ignore them, unless I told him, in no uncertain terms while having and keeping eye contact, that those were to be thrown away...BY HIM! Guys do need to wake up and learn to step up when its obvious we need help, I totally agree. But we also need to learn to ask for it, even when we think it is obvious that we need it.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
I know what you're saying, storygirl. I read, once upon a time, the Men Are From Mars... book, which did a good job explaining the inherent differences between men and women. And plainly put, when it comes to this topic we've touched on here, men can't read our minds.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
men can't read our minds.
No matter how badly we want them to.

Hell, they can't even pick up on OBVIOUS clues. You have to spell it out. . .plainly, simply, and then you'd be shocked how often they still don't get it. Practice, practice makes perfect. You have to learn how to get through to YOUR man, such a frustrating task.