Status
Not open for further replies.

yogapoet74

Registered
Reaction score
Get up at 10-11:00 AM...
No damn housework
No slaving to make money
Have a quick breakfast, turn on my computer and write, uninterrupted, for hours...
Take a break, go for a walk - or exercise on the treadmill...
Either go back to writing or read something / proofread for friends
Dinner/supper
Keep writing way past midnight

How can I make this a reality? I can't. It's a dream that probably will not come true.

Oh, I hope you can make some aspects of this a reality. I guess I'm trying to figure out how to make it all happen within the constraints of our life...

Sevvy

Spec Fic Writer
Registered
Reaction score
My ideal writing day: My WIPs all write themselves.

Yes please.

Also, a day in which my wrists don't get sore after an hour of typing. Wrist braces can be preventative, everyone, start wearing them before you need them.

yogapoet74

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I only have six chapter left so two perfect days and I'm done with my first draft, which seems to be the hardest part for me.

If only that day was logical....[/QUOTE]

Good luck! Hope you get those two perfect days soon...make 'em happen--tell everyone you know you're finishing your novel and no bugging you for two days!

yogapoet74

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with above. :) A day of unceasing inspiration, where there's always a new word waiting to be written right behind the next one.

And maybe the random discovery of a cheap (but delicious!) sushi delivery joint?

Yes yes! Cheap but delicious sushi delivery to keep the creative juices flowing...

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
Wake up when I'm rested. Get breakfast while I putter on the internet (this is already true.) Then, be ready to write. Open document and churn out words. Break for necessary bodily functions and refills of Diet Pepsi. Husband returns from work and we chat for a while, fulfilling my meager need for human contact. Talking with him and taking this break from writing gives my brain time to work out some troubled spots in my WIP so that when he goes to do his thing, I'm ready to get back to work. Add more words to the WIP. Relax for the evening. Then get back on the computer to write while the moon comes up.

And know that what I'm writing is good and publishable.

Some day.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
It starts with a run at dawn, followed by coffee and a long, hot shower. I come downstairs to find the entire house clean, the laundry all caught up, the older kids ready for school and the twins ready for preschool. I kiss them all good-bye and someone else drives them all. I write for four hours until someone serves me the perfect lunch. I take a long walk. I write for another hour because my husband decides to pick up the twins and take them to a playground. The twins come home from preschool happy, healthy, cooperative and not fighting. The older kids come home from school happy, healthy, cooperative and not fighting. I write off and on the rest of the day while the kids tell me about school, play and do homework without battle. Someone else makes and serves dinner and cleans it up. The kids give me tons of hugs and kisses and go to bed all by themselves. Someone else makes their lunches for the next day while I goof around on the Internet. Just as my husband and I are settling in for a little red wine and a mindless sitcom, the phone rings. It's our real estate agent, saying she sold our Cincinnati house for way more than it's worth. Then the phone rings again. It's my agent saying he's sold my first novel to a major publisher for a huge advance and that, by the way, he's sold the movie rights too.
How's that?

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
My ideal writing day is pretty much every day I write. I get up, drink coffee, go sit down and write until it's time to stop writing. Staying at the desk is as simple as not getting up until it's time to get up.

yogapoet74

Registered
Reaction score
It starts with a run at dawn, followed by coffee and a long, hot shower. I come downstairs to find the entire house clean, the laundry all caught up, the older kids ready for school and the twins ready for preschool. I kiss them all good-bye and someone else drives them all. I write for four hours until someone serves me the perfect lunch. I take a long walk.

Love this! For me? Did I share? Wake up early--I now live at the beach and it's wonderfully warm most of the year (in my dream scenario)--yoga, write for an hour, eat, hang with kids then say goodbye as they're whisked off by the nanny, write / edit/ research publishing options for another 4 hours, walk on beach, surf and swim, come home to the meal my hubby's cooked, read a really good book, watch something trashy and mind-numbing on Hulu while drinking a glass of wine, bed.

Rebekkamaria

Pixie with dust, beware
Registered
Reaction score
I wake up at ten after a perfect night of sleep. Hubby has made breakfast (tea, strawberries, toast and lemon curd, chocolate and a rose for decoration), and the house is clean and quiet. Nobody needs me, I have no unfinished school work, and there’s a long week of vacation ahead of me.

I sit down in front of my laptop, excited about the next scene and how my characters will react to the things I’ve decided to throw at them this time. I write for four hours, and then go for a walk with our dog, eat something and get back to work. After another four hours, I’ve written 5000 words and send them to my beta reader. She loves them to bits. We squee over writing for a little while, I read something of hers and then surf AW for a little while.

The day ends with a movie, a chocolate cake, and me curled next to my husband.

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Get up, drink coffee, write 10,000 words. No one interrupts me. Fresh coffee is always ready when needed.

Dinner magically appears.

That's about it. :D

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
more then 20 mins at a time without 'mamma!' or the phone ringing, or the smoke alarm going off, or the washing machine leaking, or the cat getting tangled up in the curtains

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Wake up in bed with a bevy of groupies. Drink booze and do drugs. Pass out. Repeat.
It's "ideal writing day" not just "ideal day." :D

Mine: Wake up, write, bathroom, write, eat, write, write, write, write. No one bother me about dinner or cleaning. No distracting internet. Not too hot so I feel like I'm in a sauna in my room. Not too cold that I feel I'm in an igloo. Go outside in the evening to stretch legs then back to writing. If funny shows are on the tube, watch those. Pass out on bed.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Up with coffee just around sunrise, sit on the back porch with the laptop humming along, Google at the ready in case there's a need for some quick research. About three hours of BIC time to get some primary writing done. Then, a nice bike ride for about an hour or two to let ideas incubate and decide where they want to go. Light lunch with a cold Diet Coke, followed by some revision time and then more primary writing. Go out for dinner and social time with friends, getting home mid evening for another three or so hours of writing. Falling asleep with a smile on my face, the story that much more complete and real.

frolzagain

Registered
Reaction score
Waking up around ten, eating a yummy breakfast and then packing up my laptop, notebooks, and pens and some lunch and heading to a nearby park. All by myself~no interuptions.I'd spend a couple of hours writing then go for a slow relaxing walk. I'd eat lunch then get some serious editing done, followed by more writing or brainstorming. Chocolate would be invovled. If only real life didn't get in the way I could get so much done.

Reaction score
The Best Place In The World...Absolute Write!!
Get up, drink coffee, write 10,000 words. No one interrupts me. Fresh coffee is always ready when needed.

Dinner magically appears.

That's about it. :D

10,000 words in one day? Holy cow crap! And Holy Jeesum Crow, too! And holy... I wish I could do that, every day that is, because in my whole life, I only accomplished that one time. One time. *screams and cries like a little girl*. Maybe someday, but for now I write 6,000 to 7500 words a day on average, on the computer. Handwritten it takes me a lot longer to do that, for some reason.

My ideal writing day... write all day long and only stop for breakfast, lunch, dinner, Maury, Caso Cerrado, (Latino court show) and shower, and sleep...

Wait. That's my real writing day! Holy cow! And rather than screaming for professional help I enjoy every minute of it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.