The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
So, one of the downsides of being a writer. Friends asking you for a small favour...can I read their short stories and poems.

I get ticked off when I introduce myself as an editor and near-strangers ask if I'll edit their 200,000-word epic novel as a favour. Not cool.

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday, Caleb!:)

{maryn}

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Happy B-day, Caleb!

Well, I got this monster completely typed in. Not remotely paying attention to the word count until I get each section fleshed out. So, at least there is progress, right?

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Welcome back Lela and hooray Lisa! And Christmas hugs for everyone else. :) This season is teaching me how to brush people off. Both my mom and my MIL insist on telling every distant friend and family member that I'm an author author AUTHOR! I know they are proud of me, but at the same time it's essentially their way of pressuring me into revealing information, since I haven't told anyone what my book is about, the title, etc. So essentially they're forcing me to be rude to all of their friends. I figure that's their choice, not mine.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Jo, if you want to keep it a surprise, then what about giving them a general idea: "It's a romance with a twist" "It's like the anti-romance" something like that.

Are either of them online? They could find out from your blog or if they Googled you.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Are either of them online? They could find out from your blog or if they Googled you.

Nobody knows I'm using my middle + last name for the book, and my relatives are thankfully not tech savvy enough to go digging. (I would have turned me up in about 2 seconds...)

And it's not that I'm trying to keep it a surprise, I'm attempting to control the flow of information. ;) My mom likes to think she understands everything (can never admit she's wrong, yay), and so she'll go tell everyone all sorts of wild and crazy things she's extrapolated. (And then it's my fault for not explaining.) Having tried various things over the past year and having most of it backfire, turns out the best policy is just silence.

I'm waiting until I have my new website up and all the text for all the listings is correct (we had a little issue with the blurbs on Amazon) and THEN I'm just going to make a blanket announcement on FB so everyone will get all the CORRECT info at the same time, hooray. Anyway all of this should happen in the next week or so and then all of this nonsense will be OVER. :flag:

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh and my shoulder is back in place now...

Um what else since my last skip through. I built this today, a suspended ladder book shelf, for those not on my facebook and if those on my facebook want more detailed description about it then click that link.

Been reworking some writing.

Found a homeless camp on some new trails yesterday, that was neat, I wish they were there I would have loved to talk to them.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Thinks have all been thunk, ideas have all been idead. Email sent off to Rockstar. Guess we'll see what happens now.

(I'll be the one in the corner puking)

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Hey ya! Quickly cause I am on the iPhone -- yes it is my 4th deal and the 3rd Ellie book. Maybe the last -- I mean, never say never, but I hadn't planned on a sequel let alone a trilogy. And of course it's the one I haven't really started yet. The book I have a third written, which I thought would be my 4th, is now (probably) my 5th. Hoping I can do something ambitious and experimental and get them both out in 2014.

More when I am on a keyboard, but Happy Holidays to all!!

mikeland

Call me Pookie
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome, OL!

Second night of Hanukkah more successful than first. Last night, we went to see The Sessions with friends and sent the kids to see a play with my parents. Actually, that was pretty successful (except for the failing to celebrate the holiday part).

Tonight we did full on candle lighting and present giving. My wife and I are horrible at getting each other presents. But the kids came through with presents this year for her and me (without either of our help). It's cool when your kids surprise you.

So what did they get me. My daughter got me a magnet shaped like a hedgehog. My son got me a spatula shaped like a guitar ('cause I make all the pancakes in the house). Best kind of presents. Two things I didn't know I wanted, but now can't quite imagine not having.

Dawn Schaefer

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, OL!

How long are you in China? Did you move there?

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
mike happy chanukah!
and that is so sweet of the bubs!

lisa, fantastic! and i agree, never say never!

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
No, just a vacation. I will be home on the 18. Great trip but after this insane year I've had, home is sounding mighty good.

Catch up with everyone when I am at a proper keyboard!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Just replaced my blog with a blank generic wordpress template - prepping so I'll be ready when I get the custom theme. I have NO frickin idea what I'm doing here.

ETA: I'm so visual I form very strong associations between people and their avatars. I just realized I keep thinking my own posts are by some random dude. Who's that? Oh! It's me!

Status
Not open for further replies.