Do clothes make the man?

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't gotten a haircut or shaved in <garbled in transmission> years for two reasons:

1) People have said they prefer how I look with the longish hair and beard.
b. I just too danged lazy to be bothered.

(Though I think I need to start tending to the eyebrows. We're talking Ernest Borgnine proportions here, folks!)

Some people flat out look better with longer hair. My hubby, bless 'is heart, ain't one of them. The shorter the better with him. His hair is too thick and coarse to look good long.

You, Benny my dear, look rakish with longish hair. *wink*

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Suit and tie is all good, the more classic the better. But anything trendy is right out. If I could see Ashton Kutcher wearing it, I would not want Mr Rima wearing it.

The same goes for jewelry other than wedding rings, obvious fragrance, or obvious hair product, which are all manliness fails.

My name is Terza and, why yes! Tonight the special is my opinions with a light alfredo sauce on the side.

zenwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Clothes don’t make the man, but they sometimes do inspire some fine daydreaming

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
We hear that a lot, and I admit, most men should never take off their clothes or wear skimpy swimming trunks...

Anyway, I'm a sloppy dresser. Mostly just T-shirts and jeans and sneakers, etc. I own like three pairs of shoes, and that's all, and I find myself wearing the same things over and over again (especially pants) because I think I look good in them. I'm in good shape but I tend to hide behind sloppy clothes unless I'm trying to impress someone.

But every time I wear a jacket or a button-down shirt or something (even casually), people always say, "What's the occasion? What do you dress up for?" I often just blank out -- huh? Oh, it's the jacket. But somehow, people find me more "presentable," if you will. Perhaps because I tend to wear sloppily that they notice?

But if clothes make the man, why aren't we men care more about fashion? And why does men's fashion seem to stay about the same -- just a lot of recycling? Why we men don't care much about how we look when simply putting on a sport jacket would work like a charm?

Ray, writing at Starbucks in a gray T-shirt and jeans
Clothes make a good accent to virtuous features.
Make no mistake: men fret about what to wear out as much as the women, at least in my circle.
My friends, blue collar guys, take just as much time on grooming and wardrobe choice as I do. I am not sparse on that account either.

ErylRavenwell

Banned
Reaction score
Second hand leather jacket, diesel jeans and combat leather boots, that's what I call fashion. Leather pants are nice too. Wearing leather doesn't make a man, but creates what I call animal magnetism.

860BikerPants.jpg

Last edited:

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Second hand leather jacket, diesel jeans and combat leather boots, that's what I call fashion. Leather pants are nice too. Wearing leather doesn't make a man, but creates what I call animal magnetism.

860BikerPants.jpg

I so need to get my hubby a pair of those.

Oh, did I say that out loud? :D

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
There is a place downtown that caters to men. They have sexy looking hair stylists, offer beer, and have sports playing on the tvs. The guys can get a full treatment, hair cut, shave, brows, and even a head and neck massage.

(No wonder Mr. Turkey gets a haircut all the time!)

I sent my husband to a man salon once for a haircut. He came back glowing and said some woman had just given him the best scalp massage of his life. With heated, tingly oils. Hmph. I thought my scalp massages were pretty good, but apparently not. I haven't been able to talk him into a pedi or mani (I don't really want to) but I will attack his eyebrows with scissors if they get out of hand.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The suit works for me because it's so different from what the DH normally wears, yanno?

Wranglers, though, are nice for any occasion. :D

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com

860BikerPants.jpg

Looks really hot -- I mean, literally, hot, like skin melting, temperature hot. Especially on a sweltering summer day.

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
The clothes don't make the man, but sometimes they do help. Like when Kthrok wears his khakis instead of jeans...with one of his nice dress shirts. Yumm-O! But he always looks sexy...except in his lounging pants. Sweats are not a good look for him.

On average, a man in neat, clean clothes always looks good, but a suit on most guys looks HOT!!! And then there are the guys who can pull off a tux...drool. ;)