Who Will Get the Olympics?

i believe the 2016 olympics will go to:

• Total voters

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I think William and CaroGirl are making exactly the same point. Obama thinks he's vastly more important on the world stage than others perceive him.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Just like that.

yeah, but i still don't see where we're disagreeing. you're saying no one cares. i'm saying obama thinks they care, and may well get a reality check tomorrow on how much global stroke he's really got here.

so, again. what the fuck are you talking about?

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
I would hope Rio gets the bid, simply because, as was noted, South America has never hosted the games.

I also think the recent publicity about Chicago's violence has ended its chances. But the IOC has always made decisions based on agendas of groups and individuals, including bribery, so anything is possible, and despite all justifications the true motives behind whatever venue is selected will remain obscure

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
yeah, but i still don't see where we're disagreeing. you're saying no one cares. i'm saying obama thinks they care, and may well get a reality check tomorrow on how much global stroke he's really got here.

so, again. what the fuck are you talking about?
I guess I must've misunderstood your point. Pardon me.

RG570

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, do these places actually want these scam artists to pass through their town?

I wonder if whoever is unfortunate enough to be stuck with this disease will think of something more clever than the B.C. government's way of dealing with the disgusting, pointless drain on public funds the Olympics really are. I mean, paying for it on the backs of gambling addicts and taking money away from charities is pretty hardcore, but I think whoever catches this next will have to think of an even more despicable way to hand over billions of dollars to the Olympic corporation.

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
2010 winter games will be in Vancouver/Whistler. I'll be there, so I don't really care about 2016. But supposedly Rio and Chicago are the favorites.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Heck, I live in America and I don't think of Obama much beyond how often I thought of Bush. Its only the contents of the thoughts that have changed.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Honestly, the people who ostensibly say Obama isn't all that are the ones going on and on and on about him. Methinks the lady, etc.

Obama knows full well he is just there is a promo gimmick, he explicitly said as much on the news.

willietheshakes

Gentleman. Scholar. Bastard.
Registered
Reaction score
2010 winter games will be in Vancouver/Whistler. I'll be there

Really? Vancouver/Whistler you say?

Hey, maybe THAT'S where my tax dollars are going!

The nice thing about COMING to Vancouver for the Olympics? You get to leave afterwards, while those of us locals get to pick up the tab for the next X decades...

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
As a life long Chicago resident, the bigger question is not who will get the Olympics, but what is the over/under on how many Chicago politicians will end up in jail for shaking down the Olympics. Ahhhhh, these poor bastards don't have a clue how fucked they are if Chicago gets the games......

Torrance

Registered
Reaction score
I half way hope Chicago gets the games, just so I can see Fox do expose after expose on Obama cronies being enriched by it.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
The nice thing about COMING to Vancouver for the Olympics? You get to leave afterwards, while those of us locals get to pick up the tab for the next X decades...
Welcome to our world. 9 years, and still paying the price. And it took Montreal till just a few years ago to come out of the red.

The rest of you quit Obamanizing this thread. To the OP, my heart says Rio but my head says Tokyo or possibly Chicago.

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
Having the Winter Olympics in Rio is only slightly more surreal than having them in Vancouver...

NBC is setting up their broadcast headquarters on Grouse Mountain - no events taking place there, but it should have snow and the view of Vancouver is amazing.

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
I don't have any clue as to who will get it, but I voted Rio because that's who I'd like to see get it.

*is also planning a visit to Whistler for 2010 Olympics :)*