Status
Not open for further replies.

deborahlea

queen of wandering
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deborah-bryan.com
After writing a trilogy three years ago, I promptly tucked the CDs on which the trilogy were saved deep in a box which was, in turn, stored deep within my closet and studiously avoided.

My grampa's death two weeks ago inspired me to reassess many things. One of my many realizations was that, if he - who had helped build my interest in art, and creation - had known I'd written a trilogy and then done nothing with it, he would have kicked my butt, hard.

On Monday, I started editing the first book of the trilogy. It's terrifying to start editing a book, knowing nothing about doing such a thing, but I was pleased to find that the first book, though about monsters, was not a monstrosity. I've done my first edits of the first nine chapters, and am enjoying learning a little more about the editing process with each new chapter.

I'm also grateful for the couple of friends who have lent their input already and whose questions/comments will really help make the story shine. kitty pryde, who led me to this site, is one such friend. She is, as we in the contract negotiation business say, "teh awesome."

:)

Glad to be here, anyway, and excited to explore more in breaks between bouts of editing!

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW! Can't wait to read more!

:welcome:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome :welcome:

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:
Welcome to AW!

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW and enjoy the editing process. After all this time you can view your own work dispasionately - which is good.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Chrisla

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on writing the books, first of all. That's more than most people do. The editing is tougher, but you've put a lot of time in between the writing and editing, so that should help. Good luck with it.

Round John Virgin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
michaelboyd.us
Hello, Deborah. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My own grandchildren are such a source of pride to me, and the bond I feel with them is greater than I could ever have imagined. I'm willing to bet that your grampa is aware of the positive impact he had--and still has--on your life and is keeping a watchful eye on your progress and accomplishments.
Welcome to AW!

Status
Not open for further replies.