Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
You know what's good for theething?

Porcelan dolls...glass eyes and other plastic creepy parts...*hands shail a doll* Tear them puppies limb from limb my dear and I'll reward you with a nice bloody steak :D

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
I've been fiddling endlessly with the second story I wrote for the April prompt. I just can't get myself satisfied with it. Question: is it still OK to post it for feedback when it's ready - even if we have moved on to the next prompt? I'm definately gonna need some horrorhound input on it.

In other news I did finish a couple of other pieces this week. I'm usually a lousy finisher, so I'm feeling rather pleased with myself.

Goal: focus on finishing (editing/polishing), rather than getting distracted by shiny new story ideas and my enormous to-be-read pile.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
I've been fiddling endlessly with the second story I wrote for the April prompt. I just can't get myself satisfied with it. Question: is it still OK to post it for feedback when it's ready - even if we have moved on to the next prompt? I'm definately gonna need some horrorhound input on it.

In other news I did finish a couple of other pieces this week. I'm usually a lousy finisher, so I'm feeling rather pleased with myself.

Goal: focus on finishing (editing/polishing), rather than getting distracted by shiny new story ideas and my enormous to-be-read pile.

I'll grab this one and yell, "Yay, go Dolores. You can do it!" I'm waving a flag but you can't see it. I can't answer your story question, but I'd be willing to read it if you post it.

Oh, and g'night thread, and Hinny in particular. I'll dream of creepy spiders thanks to you. :)

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
I'll grab this one and yell, "Yay, go Dolores. You can do it!" I'm waving a flag but you can't see it. I can't answer your story question, but I'd be willing to read it if you post it.

Oh, and g'night thread, and Hinny in particular. I'll dream of creepy spiders thanks to you. :)

Well thanks to you the dolls are under my bed :)

'night Shail--pleasant dream... *dun dun dun....* (scarey music...:))

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
I've been fiddling endlessly with the second story I wrote for the April prompt. I just can't get myself satisfied with it. Question: is it still OK to post it for feedback when it's ready - even if we have moved on to the next prompt?
yes ma'am:) if it's comma help you need---I'm not your girl---I'm comma happy---I'm on the patch--but those things never work;)
I'm definately gonna need some horrorhound input on it.

dolores,

Good job! 20 roundhouses for you:)

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Yay. 4K. Not a big accomplishment, but progress.

Still struggling with the subs. Grumpy about that. Mrph.

Still plugging, an' practicing with my newly cut horror teeth. The ache goes away after a while, right?

Shail,

Very good. Don't beat yourself up---that's my job;) and I say pat on the back and 20 roundhouses for you. Keep going!!!

Yes, the ache goes away and is replaced by a gnawing in your belly---hope that helps---back to work. :e2teeth:

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
Since I sort of jumped into this thread head first, I fell like I should probably say a little something about my WIP, Secret October. I finished what I now call Secret October version 1 in February. I let it sit and then started reading it and realized my MC did not do what she should have and did do what she wouldn't have. (I hope that makes sense and when I realized it, I was upset and pretty disheartened. But SOv1 was the first book I finished. I've always been great about starting them, but terrible at finishing the damn things. The last one died at 350 pages - I don't remember the word count.)

So I started a major edit, which has, in truth, turned out to be a rewrite. I tossed out loads of stuff, characters, plot points, etc., and have rewritten about 55,000 words. I took the main plot point, reworked the subplots I wanted to have and really got into my MCs head. She revealed some things that I didn't know about her, but it took those 101,000 words before she would. SOv1 was 101,000 words. SOv2, I think, is going to run around 80,000 in its first draft. There are some scenes that will definitely be more fleshed out after the fact, but for now, I'm just trying to write the story.

I think only about 10,000-15,000 of SOv1 made it into SOv2. The best part is that SOv2 is close to being done. I can taste it and boys and girls, it tastes sweet! I've written over 1,400 words today and the night is still young! Off to write and if you read this whole bit, I thank you.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Since I sort of jumped into this thread head first, I fell like I should probably say a little something about my WIP, Secret October. I finished what I now call Secret October version 1 in February. I let it sit and then started reading it and realized my MC did not do what she should have and did do what she wouldn't have. (I hope that makes sense and when I realized it, I was upset and pretty disheartened. But SOv1 was the first book I finished. I've always been great about starting them, but terrible at finishing the damn things. The last one died at 350 pages - I don't remember the word count.)

So I started a major edit, which has, in truth, turned out to be a rewrite. I tossed out loads of stuff, characters, plot points, etc., and have rewritten about 55,000 words. I took the main plot point, reworked the subplots I wanted to have and really got into my MCs head. She revealed some things that I didn't know about her, but it took those 101,000 words before she would. SOv1 was 101,000 words. SOv2, I think, is going to run around 80,000
in its first draft. There are some scenes that will definitely be more fleshed out after the fact, but for now, I'm just trying to write the story.

I think only about 10,000-15,000 of SOv1 made it into SOv2. The best part is that SOv2 is close to being done. I can taste it and boys and girls, it tastes sweet! I've written over 1,400 words today and the night is still young!
Off to write and if you read this whole bit, I thank you.

DG,

Rock on---write well!

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Why good morning Hinny. I see the dollies didn't get you. Morning thread. Back to pluggin' for me! :D

No, but they did stand over my head all night long...I swear that one of them had an ax...:D

How about you? Swallow any spiders last night? :)

Glad to see you're pluggin away. I seem to have hit a block, I think I have too many stories going on in my head at once. My brain can't seem to finish the end before it starts on another story. I don't think it understands how this writing thing goes...going to go out for awhile to see if it jogs anything.

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Work...work...work.. and OT after that, oh, joy.

Now why isn't drinking allowed at work? Oh, yeah. Because my typing would start to likdoe likeud theysa.....

Some of the best writers have written jibberish Lily. No luck with the zombies? :)

Morning Lily! anything I can do to help? :)

Last edited:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Ok. There is no reason why I cannot re write the query AND re-sub 'Anger' by Sunday. I sold 'Anger' once...I can sell it again.

..don't get all excited... it's 'kiddie' horror. The only one I've ever written.

My darkest secret.

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Warp the space-time continuum so it's 6 pm and I'm serving supper? :)

Sorry Lily. For that you'll have to call Chthullu. Minor demonic spirits like Hinny and I don't have that kind of raw power.

Now, if you'd like us to maybe scare your boss into pissing pants or something we're all over that. And Hinny likes sharp stuff and blood. I'm sure we could come up with something. ;)

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry Lily. For that you'll have to call Chthullu. Minor demonic spirits like Hinny and I don't have that kind of raw power.

Now, if you'd like us to maybe scare your boss into pissing pants or something we're all over that. And Hinny likes sharp stuff and blood. I'm sure we could come up with something. ;)

Ooo Ooo...I like Shail's idea better...! That I know I can do...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.