• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader wanted for historical novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom from UK

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tomwilliamsauthor.co.uk
His Majesty's Confidential Agent is a historical novel set around the time of the Napoleonic wars. Although it is based around real people and real events, it is first and foremost an adventure story. The hero was a real (but little-known) spy for the British. The story follows his adventures in Haiti, Spain, Brazil and Argentina as he plots against the Spanish and the French. A first class linguist, excellent swordsman and cunning foe, he is a classic historical hero. The story has everything you want in a historical adventure romp: beautiful women, battles, bold escapes, an evil villain and a happy ending.

I have written two more heavyweight historical novels. JMS Books published The White Rajah at the end of 2010 and Cawnpore is due out at the end of February. Both are very downbeat and The White Rajah (which did get agented) was turned down by several mainstream publishers on the grounds that it was 'too difficult' for a first novel. His Majesty's Confidential Agent is my attempt to write something with real commercial potential. I have been working on it for years and it is now almost ready to be launched on the round of agents. But before it is, I want fresh eyes to look at it and tell me if they see anything that doesn't work for them.

Any takers?

Cristin_B

Registered
Reaction score
I'm willing. I also write historical, but I'm not super-familiar with the time period. I only have time available on the weekends, so it may take me a week or two to get through it. You can pm me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.