• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader for YA Urban Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lookinglass

And your little dog, too
Registered
Reaction score
I've just finished a brutal querying process and am reworking my proposal for the next round. Therefore, I'm open to any sort of criticism, as long as it's constructive.

I'm looking for a beta reader who focuses on larger issues like character and plot development rather than grammar and syntax (though if there are errors, it would be lovely if they were pointed out). In particular, I feel the earlier chapters are weaker compared to the rest so I wish to strengthen them to better entice readers and agents.

I've posted a query (yes, the same one in Query Hell) at the bottom so if you are interested, please PM me :)

Thank you so much for your time and consideration!

Imagine if you could tame a dragon by stealing its pearl. Built upon this Chinese legend, The Dragon’s Pearl is a YA urban fantasy complete at 100,000 words.

When 15-year-old Misha tries to save an ungrateful drunk from an oncoming subway train, she never expected a boy would sacrifice his own life to save her instead. Nor did she expect him to turn into water.

Turns out the boy isn’t really human.

Her savior is a dragon in human form. He’s part of a mystical race caught in a war between a global organization called the Coven and a growing evil known as Pandora. Pandora plans to enslave him and the rest of his race for world domination, and only a group of selected mages can stop it.

The catch? Misha’s just been picked as leader of the group. Of course, she wants to say no. That is, until she finds out Pandora may have had a hand in her mother’s death seven years ago

silvertouch

A Fruit Loop Surrounded by Cheerios
Registered
Reaction score
Website
liamsscribbles.blogspot.com
I've just finished a brutal querying process and am reworking my proposal for the next round. Therefore, I'm open to any sort of criticism, as long as it's constructive.

I'm looking for a beta reader who focuses on larger issues like character and plot development rather than grammar and syntax (though if there are errors, it would be lovely if they were pointed out). In particular, I feel the earlier chapters are weaker compared to the rest so I wish to strengthen them to better entice readers and agents.

I've posted a query (yes, the same one in Query Hell) at the bottom so if you are interested, please PM me :)

Thank you so much for your time and consideration!

Imagine if you could tame a dragon by stealing its pearl. Built upon this Chinese legend, The Dragon’s Pearl is a YA urban fantasy complete at 100,000 words.

When 15-year-old Misha tries to save an ungrateful drunk from an oncoming subway train, she never expected a boy would sacrifice his own life to save her instead. Nor did she expect him to turn into water.

Turns out the boy isn’t really human.

Her savior is a dragon in human form. He’s part of a mystical race caught in a war between a global organization called the Coven and a growing evil known as Pandora. Pandora plans to enslave him and the rest of his race for world domination, and only a group of selected mages can stop it.

The catch? Misha’s just been picked as leader of the group. Of course, she wants to say no. That is, until she finds out Pandora may have had a hand in her mother’s death seven years ago

You know what? That sounds delightfully gorgeously amazical (my word-no copying :) So, ah, can I be a beta? Pleeeeeeaasssssssseeeeeee?! I mean, that sounds...oh crap, I already said that. Dang it. But for real. I would love to help in any way possible.

*Loves*

-Liam

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
If you're still looking, I'm quite good with character and plot. I think I can help with this. I'd be willing to take a look if you're still searching. I'm also looking for someone to read over my own YA Fantasy, if you're interested in a trade.

PM me and we'll talk. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.