President George Bush, the Elder, admitted to Intensive Care Unit

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
I know we're supposed to comment on and offer an opinion about anything we post. All I can say is, he's an old, old man. And in my (limited) experience working in healthcare, these details don't bode well.

http://www.npr.org/2012/12/26/16810...-george-h-w-bush-moved-to-intensive-care-unit

Former President George H.W. Bush Moved To Intensive Care Unit

by The Associated Press -- December 26, 2012 7:53 PM

Former President George H.W. Bush has been admitted to the intensive care unit at a Houston hospital "following a series of setbacks including a persistent fever," but he is alert and talking to medical staff, his spokesman said Wednesday....

... doctors are cautiously optimistic about his treatment and that the former president "remains in guarded condition."

No other details were released about his medical condition, but McGrath said Bush is surrounded by family. Bush has been hospitalized since Nov. 23....

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I didnt realize until I saw this story on the news tonight that he's been in the hospital since November 23. He was moved to the ICU only recently but has been in that hospital for over a month.

A month in the hospital from a fever, no matter the age of the person, is never a good sign. Now that he's gone to the ICU, and given the doctor's language, it sounds like it's even more dire than they're letting on (not that they're saying everything is peachy).

I hope he returns to good health soon but if that's not possible, I hope he is comfortable, at peace, and around loved ones in his last days.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
He's a former president and a decorated WWII vet. There aren't enough of either left around. Moving to ICU after a long hospital stay is not good - persistent fever could be a sign of hospital acquired infections.

Get better soon Mr. President.

AncientEagle

Old kid, no need to be gentle.
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't always agreed with him, but I've always respected him. A man of character and integrity. I hope he recovers and has many more good years.

vsrenard

Watching the Whales
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vanithasankaran.com
The first election I voted in was Bush S v. Clinton. At the time, I found Bush's ideology offensive and linked that distate to the man. It was only as I grew older that I realized he is principled and a man of integrity, even though we disagree on many matters.

I wish him well.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I did mostly agree with him and wish today's Republicans were more like him.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
I did mostly agree with him and wish today's Republicans were more like him.
Me, too.

He'd probably love to parachute one more time.

Like someone else said, there aren't too many WWll Vets around for us to honor & thank. I do hope he's as comfortable as is possible. And, yes he's always been a man of integrity.

Be at peace, Mr. President, you've accomplished a lot.

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
I hope he gets well, and echo the sentiment wishing today's Republicans were more like him.