Last Movie You Watched...

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Apollo 18 - Yet another found footage movie, this one about a sekrit manned moon landing that went awry when they stumbled over some sort of space monster. More or less. I was nodding off pretty bad in the last half, but I did manage to stay awake for the last 5m, which relieves me of the responsibility of rewatching it before I ship the disk back to Netflix, which is a relief. Not recommended.

Snowball2695

Registered
Reaction score
Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock.
My dad put it on during dinner and made me sit through it. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but not that high up on my favorites list.

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock.
My dad put it on during dinner and made me sit through it. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but not that high up on my favorites list.

That's one of the weaker ones. If you want a good Star Trek movie, I recommend 2,6, or First Contact.

Flowerfairy

Lady Entropia
Registered
Reaction score
Ghostrider-Spirit of Vengeance.

Good movie...I couldn't wait to watch it.

TumbleHome

Inconsequential. Also: short.
Registered
Reaction score
Last night I had a double feature-

ATTACK THE BLOCK, a British sci-fi/horror/comedy/light social commentary piece of awesome. So glad I heard the word of mouth on it, I cannot recommend it enough. Every single actor was amazing.

HOUSE- gotta love 80's horror comedies. Haven't seen this in years (since I saw it on Cinemax as a kid and it warped me a bit, I think) It's still insane- I adore it.

Chazevelt

Registered
Reaction score
As soon as my rice is done cooking, I'm going to settle in with the A Team movie to waste away a cold, windy, snowy Sunday. This will make about the tenth time I've watched it. :D

Cacophony

Hashtag
Registered
Reaction score
Se7en is an amazing film, well written, beautifully acted and the direction is outstanding. I wasn't a Brad Pitt fan at all before seeing it. Now I'll watch anything that guy does. He won me over with that performance.

On an entirely different note, I just finished watching Lars and the Real Girl. All I can say is: WOW. Incredibly interesting.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They Live - John Carpenter's true story wake-up call masterpiece, disguised as a cheap, poorly acted, sci-fi romp.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of bubblegum".

Classic line in a flick which could have been better.

Watched Captain America and it's a fun flick. Green Lantern had a horribly derivative script but in spite of that, I still enjoyed it. Oldie but goodie on YouTube--The Body Snatcher with Henry Daniell and Boris Karloff. Excellent Val Lewton flick and highly recommended.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
They Live is one of the ultimate de-stress movies. :)

Dead Snow--Norwegian SF comedy about drunk college kids fighting Nazi zombies.

What? Yes, really!

Alas, the first half was good in the way Scream is good. The second half deteriorated into 75% standard "fight the zombies" scripted gore and only 25% of the humor that made the first half good.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
The Guard - If it wasn't for the fact that this opened at Sundance I'd be tempted to call this a buddy cop movie (pass the Coors, plz), but as it is I think the official category is dark comedy (pass the pinot noir, plz). Either way it was funny. Brendan Gleeson and Don Cheadle turned in some admirably dry performances as the hick cop who's smarter than he lets on and the FBI guy from the highly trained straight man unit at Quantico. They were both good, but to me the most interesting performance came from Mark Strong (Lord Sinister in the 2009 Sherlock Holmes). He had that same sort of deer in the headlights/its a living look that Alan Rickman manifested just after Die Hard when he realized that, yes indeed, he'd be playing the exact same role for the rest of his life.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last night I had a double feature-

ATTACK THE BLOCK, a British sci-fi/horror/comedy/light social commentary piece of awesome. So glad I heard the word of mouth on it, I cannot recommend it enough. Every single actor was amazing.

Thanks! Took your advice. Loved it.