Return of a Man Named PAMB and its Quotes

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
This newbie is in for a rude awakening:
a PAMB newbie said:
This web site in Estonia has a number list for books in stock.
My book has been selling approx 200 every two to three days
Total so far is approx. 1,000 sales
just cut and paste your ISBN
Unless he has a very large and rich extended family, his book won't sell 200 copies in its lifetime, let alone every two to three days.
I'm failing to imagine exactly how badly this is going to play out when this author gets their royalty statement. Think PA will blame it on the Elbonians Estonians?

TheTinCat

I am a mighty viking!
Registered
Reaction score
This web site in Estonia has a number list for books in stock.
My book has been selling approx 200 every two to three days
Total so far is approx. 1,000 sales
just cut and paste your ISBN

If this person actually sells 100 books a day through one Estonian website, PA had better get him the f up in lights...

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
This newbie is in for a rude awakening:

Unless he has a very large and rich extended family, his book won't sell 200 copies in its lifetime, let alone every two to three days.

He's not new, his book came out in 09, so I don't know why he is suddenly posting all of these web sites and sounding all excited about it all. Humm, makes me wonder if PA pay authors do get "happy" every once in a while:)
I also wonder whom at PA translated his books to Chinese etc, ha.
I doubt that 2 years later he believes his book is selling 200 copies a day but the other writers will.

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
My updated book, **** is still not on Amazon. It has appeared on bn.com. I don't understand why not.

This writer posted in Nov that her book was missing in action from Amazon and seems it still is.

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
If this person actually sells 100 books a day through one Estonian website, PA had better get him the f up in lights...

Another member of the PAMB pointed out that the "in stock" number is the number off titles in stock in that particular genre. I clicked through and sure enough, that seems to be the case. So it really has nothing to do with the number of books sold, but the variety of titles they have in stock.

TheTinCat

I am a mighty viking!
Registered
Reaction score
Another member of the PAMB pointed out that the "in stock" number is the number off titles in stock in that particular genre. I clicked through and sure enough, that seems to be the case. So it really has nothing to do with the number of books sold, but the variety of titles they have in stock.

Yeah, I figured as much. It would be entirely amazing for a PA author to have sales like that.

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
If the writer had read further on this Estonia companies site he would see in the "about us" section that they only order books. They don't stock them. When they claim they have every book ever printed they mean they LIST every book ever printed (or at least still in print) mine are listed, hell EVERY book is.
They claim when a customer orders a book it will take 4 to 6 weeks to bring the book in from what ever Country it is published and that the clients credit will not be charged till the book lands in their office, prior to their shipping it to the client.
So, they are an Estonian Amazon I guess:)

I'm still curious as to why, after almost 2 years, he hasn't been disillusioned by no royalties and why suddenly this burst of WOW look at all the places my book is mentioned!!!
Very odd.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've lost count of the number of PA authors who've asked this question:
I did do the e-book activation for B & N nook book, back on Jan 9th. I still haven’t seen it online???? Does anyone know how long the process takes? I know on the e-mail they said it could take some time. But I just wanted any advice or updates…. Take care and God Bless….
icon_question.gif

Another author is trying to work backwards and figure out worst-case-scenario. This one may get cornfielded:
Hi...I signed up for kindle and barnes and noble nookbooks, but have yet to see it on those sites. Is there anyone who signed up in Nov and Dec and still don't find it listed?

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
Last edited:

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com

cryaegm

Snakecakes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
enigmainklings.blogspot.com

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I... I think my soul broke a bit. I just don't understand this:

Writer A asks:
Will PA allow corrections to your book even after it is published? For a price? I remember them emailing me an offer similiar to that about a year ago.

Writer B replies:
That is correct. I would be interested in having an error corrected in our latest book, will gladly pay for the fix.

How about it, infocenter?

Writer A then says:
<Writer B>, it'll be 199 for the fix. Not bad.

$200 to fix errors? Not Bad? How can they say that? In what universe is that not bad?

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The poster replied with:
Ouch, $199 is more than I expected.
Yeah, me too. As in, it's $199 more than I would expect to pay -- to anyone but a scam publisher like PA.

TheTinCat

I am a mighty viking!
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch, $199 is more than I expected

Well sure, but that's only because you're a normal, rational human being used to dealing with honest and service minded companies.

As I've said before, it's just SO much bloody money! It would make me do a double take to find out that a POD publisher printing from computer files charged the author $5 to correct errors in contracted manuscript, but charging $200? I truly can't understand how any of the authors can look at that number and believe that the "offer" is anything but greed.

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
Some one purchase over 4,000 copies of
my book and put them on ebay
Thank you

OK, this guy just doesn't stop and again I ask, what the heck is up with this 2 year old PA writer? He can't be suddenly excited by all this google info on a book title!!!!!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Someone is going to be sorely disappointed when royalty time comes about.

Isn't that soon, BTW?

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
well, my two cents worth, I think he is a plant. Someone that is working or has gotten money to promote their wonderful company. I wouldn't put it pass the three stooges. Nor do I believe this person honestly thinks what he is writing is actually truth.

But I'm a very not so nice about the three stooges and tell everyone I come in contact with that is remotely thinking about trying to sell a book to not use them and to tell others the same.