Images in Signature

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
I feel like there's a really easy answer to this, but I don't know what it is, so...

When I try to put images of all my covers in my signature, I get a message saying that there's too many characters, or whatever. I assume that's because each image comes with a whole long link code referring back to my photobucket account. (I know, my terminology is off... hopefully it's understandable) Given that, I haven't even tried to add links to make the images clickable.

So, assuming that I'm abandoning the 'each cover has a link to its page on my website' plan, I'm thinking that I could just have one photobucket image that is all of my covers stretched out next to each other. But I can't figure out how to make that image. I usually use Gimp for the limited photo manipulation that I do, but when I try to add more than one cover, they stack on top of each other instead of lining up side to side.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure there's an easy solution to this, but I have no idea what it is...

Thanks for any help.

Brutal Mustang

Loves interplanetary chaos.
Registered
Reaction score
If you have Adobe Elements on your computer, open a big ol' new file, along with all your book images. Go to one of your book covers, and click Select All. Click Copy. Go to your blank new file, and paste it on. Rinse and repeat. Line up the books how you want them. Crop off the excess. Flatten image (so it no longer has layers). Re-size the image. Save it for web, at about 100 percent quality.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
Huh. So is there another way to do this?

I see people with a whole string of images along the bottom... well, I've seen seven, at least, and I think more.

It's not a tragedy if I can't fit them all, I just don't like having to chose which ones to include!

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
Woo Hoo, I made it work! Yay!

Thanks, guys.

(Now, does it look too big? Like, is it gaudy instead of celebratory? Damn...)