tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Bwaahahahahahahahahaahah...aaaaaand now it's that moment when your boss sends a late evening email out wondering if we should push back tomorrow morning's meeting time because he only just realized he set it for 7AM.

Hobbiting commences in 3, 2...

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Meh. I think this calls for wine and a Hobbit marathon, which I will stay up too late for, even though I have an early morning meeting with bosses, but that's ok because THAT at least I'm already prepped for and ready to rock. :greenie
I strongly approve of this.:Thumbs:

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
hey Cobra!

sounds fun, Tiddly. ....I still need to show my partner Lord of the Rings...... they think each film is too long. BAH I SAY

my word totals are getting lower >< just trying to write every day now, even if it's 100 words. I can do that, at least.

Yzjdriel

forgetful elephant
Registered
Reaction score
Bwaahahahahahahahahaahah...aaaaaand now it's that moment when your boss sends a late evening email out wondering if we should push back tomorrow morning's meeting time because he only just realized he set it for 7AM.

Hobbiting commences in 3, 2...

If there was any chance that you weren't going to go Hobbitting, it was quashed the moment your boss sent that email.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
Hobbiting for the win!

In an odd coincidence, my husband showed me a little ScotCom (as opposed to Britcom) he'd come across last night called Still Game. It was OK. Sort of a Last of the Summer Wine feel, but more ridiculous and more Scottish. However, episode 2 had a random guy in a beard next to the main characters, arguing with them to take the future as a gift. It was Billy Boyd.

Hobbiting for the win.

I got in 700 words yesterday, but today I'll do better.

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Topaz puppy is asleep on my foot rn, and I am good and proper sick/ill/sad. I'm also downloading Brandon Sanderson's Oathbringer, which is mitigating the sads.

my word totals are getting lower >< just trying to write every day now, even if it's 100 words. I can do that, at least.

MY DUDE!! IKR, it's like, it's like I'm a well that is drying up, but also becoming much clearer for all that there is less water left in me to draw on the page. Maybe some tears will help refill my inkwell :cry:

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Morning, Cantina. *stares at blinking cursor for full minute* Eh...I'm a little tired this morning. Had another night of having trouble falling asleep due to feeling funky and since everything I'm feeling is on the list of possible side effects and only happening at night after I take them I'm starting to be pretty sure that it's my BC pills causing it. I was also reading that it's not uncommon to experience side effects one month even if you didn't experience them other months, so, since this is consistently happening this month and interrupting my sleep, I'm thinking I'll try taking the pill in the morning instead of at night and see if that helps at all. I made the decision to take them at night in the first place in the hopes that I'd sleep through any side effects like nausea and such, but since these particular ones are interrupting sleep, I think I'd rather endure them when I'm awake instead. *eye roll of annoyance* On the plus side, my research says it's also not uncommon to only experience side effects for one month and then they go away the next month. Fingers crossed.

Going to do more editing for myself today and hopefully get the next chapter of the beta read done and sent off as well.

*climbs on top of smibble pile, laptop in hand* *curls up* *edits*

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I just finally figured out how to make the new desktop and my laptop not sync their settings (which was annoying me by stealing my pretty wallpaper pics and putting them on my dad's computer instead, and then if he made a change, it put it on my laptop too.) *is technologically victorious* :snoopy:

Last edited:

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I have fallen down a hole of nostalgia and fun... I decided to catch up on Girl Genius, but it's been YEARS since I read it. There are so many characters I decided to start over.

They've been doing pretty much two pages per week for over 15 YEARS. So it's taking a while. Luckily, each page is quick and gorgeous and fun. Love the Jagerkin! I want one of my own.

But I have to ration myself, otherwise that's ALL I'd do. When I first got into it, I'm pretty sure I went through all of it in a week (maybe around 2009?)

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
I understand ... I started Girl Genius when it was an actual comic book before the Foglios' took it to the web.

I'm amazed and impressed by some of the truly long-running web comics out there.

*with a nod of the head to the first (and still running) web comic - Kevin and Kell. I started reading it with #6 back on Compuserve back in the 90s and it's been going 7 days a week without a break since.*

I have fallen down a hole of nostalgia and fun... I decided to catch up on Girl Genius, but it's been YEARS since I read it. There are so many characters I decided to start over.

They've been doing pretty much two pages per week for over 15 YEARS. So it's taking a while. Luckily, each page is quick and gorgeous and fun. Love the Jagerkin! I want one of my own.

But I have to ration myself, otherwise that's ALL I'd do. When I first got into it, I'm pretty sure I went through all of it in a week (maybe around 2009?)

feyngirl

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alackoftheologyandgeometry.wordpress.com
Thanks to all who recommended The Goblin Emperor. It was, as advertised, absolutely lovely. Got me through the last few days before my husband got back (because of ridiculously unlucky travel, we saw each other for a grand total of two hours over the last three weeks, which was miserable). But now he's back, and I'm working on the new Philip Pullman - enjoyed the beginning, but I've ground to a bit of a halt about 80% of the way through. I think the problem is I liked all the side characters from the beginning more than the main character...

Morning, gang.

Whut up?
Not me. I am splatted on the sofa like a tartan slug.

Morning, Cantina. *stares at blinking cursor for full minute* Eh...I'm a little tired this morning. Had another night of having trouble falling asleep due to feeling funky and since everything I'm feeling is on the list of possible side effects and only happening at night after I take them I'm starting to be pretty sure that it's my BC pills causing it. I was also reading that it's not uncommon to experience side effects one month even if you didn't experience them other months, so, since this is consistently happening this month and interrupting my sleep, I'm thinking I'll try taking the pill in the morning instead of at night and see if that helps at all. I made the decision to take them at night in the first place in the hopes that I'd sleep through any side effects like nausea and such, but since these particular ones are interrupting sleep, I think I'd rather endure them when I'm awake instead. *eye roll of annoyance* On the plus side, my research says it's also not uncommon to only experience side effects for one month and then they go away the next month. Fingers crossed.
Definitely worth trying changing the time, or if that doesn't work talking to your doctor to see if a different one might suit you better. And yes, the joy of hormones is they're always changing so it's really hard to monitor...

Yeah, I remember when I discovered Girl Genius - did not get much else done that day!

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Guys, guys, gais!!! :O Kick me if I'm wrong, but I think -- THINK -- I am actually an okayish writer based on the section of story of mine I just read, and heck, does it feel gud!!! :D

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
I strongly approve of this.:Thumbs:

*nods*

Preciousssssssss hot dwarves...

*cough*

hey Cobra!

sounds fun, Tiddly. ....I still need to show my partner Lord of the Rings...... they think each film is too long. BAH I SAY

My hubby was like "HOW MANY HOURS??" until he started watching it and got sucked in. Unfortunately, he fell asleep during the Hobbit movies, but that's okay because I got quality oggling...er, I mean, watching of Richard Armitage as Thorin.

If there was any chance that you weren't going to go Hobbitting, it was quashed the moment your boss sent that email.

You should have heard the giant "nope, nope, NOPE!" that rose up on my end as I promptly sat down for the Hobbit BoFA.

Meetings were great. It's always a good thing when you sit down with the VP and CEO and they are like "so, we have to make cuts in the company due to icky forecast next year....buuuuuut Marketing is doing awesome things and all the org. leaders told us to leave you guys alone!" :greenie That's right. Don't even THINK of touching my awesome possum team. We are making the phone ring and bringing in million dollar projects due to SEO. (Thankfully, Winks does not exaggerate on that, which is why my team is safe.)

It makes that very very very long last month of nothing but work trips a little more palatable.

*polishes knuckles, looks pleased with self, and promptly trips over a smibble*

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I'm once again considering the scary idea of finding a local pen-and-paper D&D group. I mean, there's a gaming store at the local shop that not only sells video games and other types of games to boot, but they also run gaming sessions - like, Pokemon card game type sessions. Anyway, I'd say there's a good chance they could hook me up with a D&D group locally that doesn't mind taking on a relative newbie.

I had the idea yesterday, and it seemed good. But now there's all the social anxiety crap cropping up... *sigh* It's something I'll continue to think about, though.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I had the idea yesterday, and it seemed good. But now there's all the social anxiety crap cropping up... *sigh* It's something I'll continue to think about, though.

Social anxiety is real. Especially if you're inherently anti-social to begin with. Which is basically me unless I'm with a cat.

Yzjdriel

forgetful elephant
Registered
Reaction score

I did the same thing with Misfile and EGS when I stumbled upon those two. They're not really in the ballpark of "normal", but they make me laugh, which is what counts.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not me. I am splatted on the sofa like a tartan slug.

That's...quite a visual.

I'm once again considering the scary idea of finding a local pen-and-paper D&D group. I mean, there's a gaming store at the local shop that not only sells video games and other types of games to boot, but they also run gaming sessions - like, Pokemon card game type sessions. Anyway, I'd say there's a good chance they could hook me up with a D&D group locally that doesn't mind taking on a relative newbie.

Ooooooo. I've been jonesing some pen and paper D&D or Shadowrun for years. The days of P&P RPGs were some of my favorites, but it's been nigh impossible to get that going. Heck, my game group is scrambling to complete Pandemic: Legacy in preparation for Gloomhaven's arrival.

Still have that old Shadowrun source book, though. Maybe I can convince the crew for a run sometime....

Morning, gang.

Whut up?

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website

Give it a try!

I'm working from home today, as I have a sore throat, and don't want to infect my office. Which is something I wish my co-worker in the next office, Don, would have considered before HE came in sick and infected me :(

At least it's now and not busy month. And since I have little work to do this time of the year, I am really just having a day off after the half hour meeting I called into.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Definitely worth trying changing the time, or if that doesn't work talking to your doctor to see if a different one might suit you better. And yes, the joy of hormones is they're always changing so it's really hard to monitor...
This is the second one I've tried and I'm only three months in. First one was okay, but after 6 months, while it did help with my PMS it also had me in a constant state of feeling I was on the verge of tears. Not in a depressed way, just in a easily emotional way. It also gave me annoying pains and a proneness to headaches. This second pill seems to be doing better on all of the above so far, it's only been in the past week I've been having this sleep issue. But, having taken it this morning instead of last night, I slept well and seem to be doing okay at the moment. :)

*nods*

Preciousssssssss hot dwarves...

*cough*

My hubby was like "HOW MANY HOURS??" until he started watching it and got sucked in. Unfortunately, he fell asleep during the Hobbit movies, but that's okay because I got quality oggling...er, I mean, watching of Richard Armitage as Thorin.
Armitaaaaaaaage.:drool

Meetings were great. It's always a good thing when you sit down with the VP and CEO and they are like "so, we have to make cuts in the company due to icky forecast next year....buuuuuut Marketing is doing awesome things and all the org. leaders told us to leave you guys alone!" :greenie That's right. Don't even THINK of touching my awesome possum team. We are making the phone ring and bringing in million dollar projects due to SEO. (Thankfully, Winks does not exaggerate on that, which is why my team is safe.)

It makes that very very very long last month of nothing but work trips a little more palatable.

*polishes knuckles, looks pleased with self, and promptly trips over a smibble*
Yay for safe teams and bringing in the big bucks!:hooray:

Morning, Cantina. Beta reading another chapter happens today as well as editing for myself, assuming I have time. My dad has an appointment with his retinologist today, which means I have to be prepared to sit and read anywhere from one to four hours. Yeah. Depends on how busy they are, but I literally have sat there in the waiting room for four hours on two occasions. *puts books in purse*

Curlz

cutsie-pie
Registered
Reaction score
splatted on the sofa like a tartan slug.
That would make an awesome plush toy :D. Also, very Christmasy :roll:(I got lots of tartan pattern thingies on the Christmas tree!)

I watched tv all day and did nothing productive. Feel kinda sluggish, too...:e2bouncey