Phil Collins back in the Top 20

cletus

I'm a king bee
Registered
Reaction score
Phil Collins has made it back into the UK's Top 20 Singles chart with "In the Air Tonight".

I don't know how it is in the US these days, but it seems like the best way to get back into the charts over here is to have one of your old songs used in a TV commercial. Cadbury's are using "In the Air Tonight" to advertise Dairy Milk chocolate.

I've provided a link to the ad on Youtube for anyone who has not seen it. Would love to know what you think of the ad. I thought it was pretty cool the first time I saw it, though I have no idea what it has to do with chocolate.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzFRV1LwIo

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Elton John hits top 10 with "I'm Still Standin'" featured in advertisement for Smith Steel Bridge Trusses.

Writer???

Because EYE said so!
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Just personal opinion ok.

I think it's a great idea for an ad, but like the OP, I don't get the chocolate connection.

I like the song a lot, it's one of the few by collins that I do like.

It seems if they were going to go to all the trouble they could have had "the ape" actually play it correctly however. There are plenty of videos around showing Phil playing that famous opening drum sequence and I could be wrong but I think it's an alternating hand stroke.

"So ah, yeah Dick. I'd give it a 7. It's got a great beat but it's kind of hard to dance to." - yeah I know, you all are saying "Dick? Dick who?"