sick0008.gif

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Lol, I stopped to get some chocolate covered espresso beans for the espresso cupcakes I'm making tonight. They had the pickles (and chocolate covered jalapenos and olives) as free samples.

Never. Again.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, see, not one of those sounds like something I'd put together. Individually they are all fine, but together?

No. Not a chance.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
See, chocolate covered coffee beans? That's something that actually does go good together (so good, in fact). Chocolate covered jalapeños I'd try (Mexican chocolate, spiced chocolate, those chocolate bars you can get seasoned with red peppers, etc).

But chocolate-covered pickles?

I think I might've just thrown up in my mouth a little bit.

Urp...

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Imploding is rather cathartic, it turns out.

Going Chrome isn't an option at the mo - I can't bring myself to plop down that much cash for something that doesn't exactly qualify as a necessary purchase under the Life with Two Bankrupt Employers Budget.

I understand that.

I'm still test-driving.

I really, really, REALLY don't like the way they are trying to push the "universality" of it, and reminding me how I have not logged into Chrome Central or whatever they are calling it, so they can store my information and allow me to "take my browser preferences with me" whatever computer I am on.

Um, no. I guard my privacy quite strenuously, thank you very much.

:e2shower:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This.

I am leery of the this functionality. Big time. Google has screwed me on this before.

I haven't enabled it, and have made sure they aren't tracking me or recording me or some such.

Some of which is helped by being on my Mac, where a number of things are disabled anyway.

I got off FB over privacy concerns, I'm not about to ignore them just to surf the web better.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't enabled it, and have made sure they aren't tracking me or recording me or some such.

Some of which is helped by being on my Mac, where a number of things are disabled anyway.

I got off FB over privacy concerns, I'm not about to ignore them just to surf the web better.
I think a majority of the issues (security leaks and such) come from user errors. Not understanding the technology well enough to navigate it and make it work for you, rather than against you.

I have just seen WAY too many instances of where people don't understand it and end up leaving themselves exposed in various ways.

*cough*parents*cough*coworkers*cough*

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I was careful to go through and read things a bit before I started using it, and why the first thing I did was head into the settings.

All told, though, so far it's running better than Firefox has been. I hate to admit this, but it may be time for a change.

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
Its a dish of soap and a boston sheep. Hows it hanging? what, what. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.