Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh... Will wants to get a tattoo... Its for a really sweet awesome reason so I'd feel horrible trying to stop him... but all at the same time its going to kill me when he gets it.

I dont know why i'm just not a big fan of tattoos. Like i dont discriminate if people get them. Almost all my friends have a few, but i could just never get one, and i never saw them as attractive on guys. At least he's planning to get it on his back....

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
tumblr_ly7z61OfHp1qlrxcho1_400.gif

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of needles, but I really want a tattoo- so I'll probably get one at some point. It's *technically* against my religion. But I'm not really religious, and most of my relatives have tattoos, so I wouldn't feel bad about getting one.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Tattoos ARE awesome but I'm not a fan of needles so I don't think I'll ever get one. But I love the idea of Tattoo Love, it's very unique and I can't wait until you finish it, Karla! :D

I agree its an awesome story idea. Oddly enough my two friends are kind of like that in a way. Sean started getting tattoos when he turned 18 then he met his now girlfriend and she started falling in love with and getting addicted to getting tattoos too... now they both have a few matching ones. Which are freaking adorable.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
He's great! One of the similarities between him and Kieran is that they're both tattoo artists. And changed from their player ways because of a girl they fell for. :) And technically Zack has strawberry blond hair but a red beard lol (still count as ginger?).

Ally - Yup, we are back together!

Ely - Im glad you like the idea! I'm really excited to finish it!

I love twisting normal things into something romance-related. Such as CMRH's matchmaking Robin Hood hahaha.

Eta: glad you like the idea too, Ally!

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
I knew this one guy who had at least thirty tattoos. I asked why he kept getting them and he told me that he was addicted. I actually never knew that could happen. Is there something in the ink that makes people want to keep getting them? I mean, I've watched L.A. Ink and Miami Ink before and it doesn't look like much fun, sitting there getting stabbed by a needle.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
My mom and my grandma *kind* of have matching tattoos. My mom saw the one my grandma got and liked it so much that she decided to get a variation of it. They both have flowers that go over the top of their wrists like a half-bracelet.

Ely- I've heard that getting them is addicting, too. My cousin got one and a few weeks later she got another one. I have a cousin who had like 35 tattoos. My mom has 7 (I think). But I've also known people who got one and they swear that they'll never get another one.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I asked my friend. She told there was just a really great rush with the pain, and then to see the end product. I personally dont get it. I hate pain so therefore would never get one.

My mom always wanted me to get tattoos and piercings. When i was 13 she offered to take me to get my bellybutton pierced, and when i turned 16 she started bugging me on my thoughts about tattoos. She was very very disappointed when i told her i would never get a piecing or tattoo.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm going to get a tattoo for each of my books.

I think for MAAH I'm going to get a little golden pocket watch on my wrist or my ankle.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
just got it. I know Alex is for Alexandra. Same name as my MC in UZ. But its predominantly a boys nickname. All the girls i ever met named Alexa, Alexis, or Alexandra, went by Lex or Lexy, or the full name.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
I asked my friend. She told there was just a really great rush with the pain, and then to see the end product. I personally dont get it. I hate pain so therefore would never get one.

My mom always wanted me to get tattoos and piercings. When i was 13 she offered to take me to get my bellybutton pierced, and when i turned 16 she started bugging me on my thoughts about tattoos. She was very very disappointed when i told her i would never get a piecing or tattoo.

I first got my ears pierced when I was two but they ended up closing up so when I was seven my mom bribed me with one of those Barbie dream houses (I used to love Barbie dolls) and said that if I got my ears pierced again and didn't cry, she would buy me one. I don't remember how bad the pain was, but I like having pierced ears because I'm in love with earrings. I would never get my belly button or my tongue pierced or anything like that.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Some people with a lot of tattoos look scary but in a beautiful sort of way. I like when people have a story behind their tattoo. It seems like a good way to brand a memory/or a story on your soul so you'd never forget it.

That's why I'm keeping my mouth shut to Will. He knows i'm not thrilled about it, but he's getting it for his Grandmom and mom who just passed away. So i wouldnt stop him because its for that.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Really? Alex is actually, statistically speaking, the most common nickname for Alexandra, followed by Allie.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I really want a tattoo but I'm scared of the pain. The one I want first would be on my ankle and I'm pretty sure that's one of the worst places to get one.

My mom would be fine with it. It's the rest of my family that would freak.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Really? Alex is actually, statistically speaking, the most common nickname for Alexandra, followed by Allie.

I know 13 people with either the name Alexandra, Alexis or Alexa. And none went by Alex. Maybe its just where i'm from? I dont know... and i never heard of any of them going by Allie. I thought that was strickly for Allison's really.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe. If you look at the statistics, it's usually Alex. Or Allie (which is quite common).

I know about 30 Alexandra's :tongue

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I first got my ears pierced when I was two but they ended up closing up so when I was seven my mom bribed me with one of those Barbie dream houses (I used to love Barbie dolls) and said that if I got my ears pierced again and didn't cry, she would buy me one. I don't remember how bad the pain was, but I like having pierced ears because I'm in love with earrings. I would never get my belly button or my tongue pierced or anything like that.

My mom always pressured me to get my ear's pierced. Finally when i was 10 I agreed. The pain wasn't as bad as i thought it would be and for a while i was good with wearing them consistently. When i was 12 agreed to get a second hole in my ears. Only problem is i'm a very very odd girl who hates jewelry. By the time i was 14 both holes closed up. My mom re-pierced them several times at home when i needed to wear earring for something, but they never stay open for long. Will always said i was the easiest girlfriend he ever had to deal with because i hate jewelry and flowers and told him never to buy that stuff for me... unless of course its an engagement ring. I hope i'd wear that regally. hahaha

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
All the ones i know go by Lexy. I knew they could go by Alex but they don't. My one good friend said it was because it was a boys name.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I was the only kid in first grade who hadn't had her ears pierced as a baby, and one of the only two kids who hadn't been baptized (the other was Jewish). I got horribly bullied, especially for the latter.

So did the other girl. I remember, when we were six, a group of girls were ganged up on her, telling her how 'it's totally find that you're Jewish, just remember that the Jewish god isn't real' and... Yeah, she went home in tears a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.