Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

buz

edits all posts at least four times
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
HAIL :D

Can I give presents too? I tried really hard to think of good ones. I couldn't decide between a puppy and a pony, so...here's both.

worlds_biggest_dog.jpg

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
:O

We decree that all dogs of the realm shall henceforth grow to horse size!

We are most honoured, Princess Buzhidao. Your Queen hereby appoints you as foreign ambassador for the duration of her reign. :D

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All hail the new Queen!

Speaking of Queens, I am hitting the Bristol, WI Ren Faire this year in September.

Anyone else hitting a Ren Faire this year?

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Princess Beatrix,

I would love to go to the Ren Faire this year. But in my current financial condition, I don't hold out much hope. :Shrug:

Good morning, your Majesty.

Good morning, dear Royals.

Breakfast:

Morningcoffee.jpg

PHT030.jpg
050311_spninach_mushrroom_onion_omelet.jpg
DBCEC054-orig.jpg

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There is indeed jousting. But only for those few who have the equipment, horse, and training.

I just looked up Sterling's Faire. They have changed the dates! It now runs through August and most of September. I have hope! I so want to go. I have been thinking about it for months. September is a better time than mid summer, so it is good to see the change.

Princess Ambrosia...plotting her escape...

ETA: Well, I was wrong. The Ren Faire I was looking up online is for the one that is south of Woodbury in Tuxedo Park, NY, not the one I normally go to which is in Sterling NY. The Sterling, NY one is still in the hot days of July and August. I would consider the other one, but it is 5 1/2 hours away instead of one hour away, which means it is definitely a no go. Ah well.

For anyone who is interested, here is a link to the Sterling, NY Ren Faire.
And here is a link to the New York Ren Faire in Tuxedo Park, NY.

Last edited:

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
The closest thing we have to a Ren Faire here is a yearly medieval, goth, and ecofriendly-themed craft fair in December. It's awesome. I didn't go last year (broke!) but the year before that, I found out Halifax actually has a town blacksmith. And he does real handfastings with legal marriage rights and all the fixings. How cool is that?

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
All Hail Queen Raventongue!

May your reign be a glorious one.

And to add to your managerie of large animals, I give you a giant bird.

42moa-2.jpg

(Moa)

And all this talk of Ren Fests gives me something to look forward to. Ours will be starting the end of next month. :D

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
My, what an enormous creature! We'll have to saddle him up and take him for a spin tomorrow, won't we, Princess LadyV?

Goodnight, Royals!

(And LadyV... Your avatar is frickin awesome).

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I watched A Knight's Tale once. Does that count?

:D
It would for me, Prince Boston. Awesome movie. But, I am afraid the Festival people require greater proof of abilities. After all, in the time of William Thatcher if a person was injured or killed little would happen--except if they were dead they might get buried. These days, if someone is injured or killed there is massive monetary loss. :Shrug:

Good morning, my Queen.

Good morning, dear Royals.

Breakfast:

Good-Morning-Good-Morning-various_l.gif

breakfast-3.jpg
DBCEC054-orig.jpg
BreakfastBandE.jpg

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Princess Ambrosia, did you happen to spot which of the palace staff brought out the royal breakfast? Your Queen prefers tea and yet there's only coffee. Have them kneel before us and recieve a gentle whipping with an unbaked croissant. :tongue

An otherwise lovely meal, don't you agree? You simply must try the crepes, they're divine this morning.

I am also having trouble picking which project to edit next. I've had a super busy day, came home and hit the hay for a few hours and now I'm up.

I've got so much drafting to do I don't think I'll see my editing pen again for months! I like editing, it's so much less conducive to procrastination than drafting.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I will make sure your desire for tea in the mornings are met, your Majesty. We had one queen that insisted on milk for her morning drink. Scandalous! :D

ETA: I am off to write. Well, actually off to read since I need to get back into my characters heads before I proceed with the writing bit. Oh! And I may have found a writing space. I am going to go check it out later today. I will try to check in later. Have a great day, your Majesty and dear Royals.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Darn! Missed breakfast again. That's what happens when you start courtly duties at 6am.

I'm off to the movies shortly. Batman!

buz

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:O

We are most honoured, Princess Buzhidao. Your Queen hereby appoints you as foreign ambassador for the duration of her reign. :D

I've been hard at work the past few days. The court was gifted a slew of elephants from the fictional King of Siam, but I felt bad for them and released them into the jungle. He is most pissed. I have received several declarations of war, but I can't read them, so I don't think they count.

Also, I may have said something that prompted Vladimir Putin to take his shirt off. Either that, or I just have that sort of face.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Fold paper cranes out of them, I suppose. ;) The fictional Siamese Elephant Regiment are no match for the fictional Royal AW Brontosaurus Cavalry!

:roll:

Do tell me you took photographs, Princess Buzhidao? Many ladies of the court have expressed interest in viewing Mr. Putin in such a state.

buz

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ask, and ye shall receive.

0804_vladimir_putin_ap09080407547_ap_02-1.jpg

0813putin475.jpg

ETA: And, for your enjoyment, an accompanying song.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.