Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Just finished watching The Sting.

What I love most about this movie: the Scott Joplin soundtrack, and the ridiculously handsome Paul Newman and Robert Redford. Sigh.

screenscope

Registered
Reaction score
Just watched THE VILLAGE. I found it quite haunting and almost peotic. Beautiful performances all round; not what I expected.

AUthoress

Living my dreams.
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched Midnight in Paris. It was a fun movie and I can't stop thinking about how KICK BUTT awesome it would be to hang out with Fitzgerald and Hemingway...*sighs wistfully*

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Paranormal Activity 3.

As a person who enjoys ghost stories/movies, I wasn't impressed. My apologies to those who liked the movie....

Wind Ann Wise

The Quiet One
Registered
Reaction score
Ace Ventura:When Nature Calls. Hilarious, I was laughing my butt off the entire time!

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
A bunch more bad s-f of the 50's. My favorite was The Giant Claw, in which a turkey vulture from space invades. Unintentionally funny. Second favorite was The Maze, which was a spooky, well-done gothic until the end reveal of the mysterious strange relative, not a madwoman in the attic, but something which leaves you ROFLing. Whatever possessed them to end it that way? Great wastes of time. :)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Call of the Devil. Poor title translation--s/b End Call. Nice little Japanese horror. Premise: if you call a certain number exactly at midnight, you get the devil, who will grant your wish. The catch: the length of the call is deducted from your life. But is that really the catch? :) An enjoyable 90 minutes.

abbie in wonderland

off with their heads!
Registered
Reaction score
We watched mirrormask. Its has such a hazy dream like feel to it. Neil gaiman is amazing as always.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
"Venus" with Peter O'Toole. A MUST see for every middleaged man. And any woman who wants to understand men.

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday I saw Ice Age 4, and it was a joy to watch as the laughs was fun, the acting was brilliant and well written.

miss marisa

Registered
Reaction score
I watched three movies in one night the last time I went to the movies (I get in for free and movie hop).

I saw a part of Ted, which was stupidly funny. It's like junk food cinema.

Then To Rome With Love, which was great, but not as good as some other Woody Allen works. I just loved all the actors in it, so I'm fond.

And then I re-watched Inception and fell in love with it again.

Opinionated Ant

I walk into things
Registered
Reaction score
Not exactly a movie but went to Star Trek special the other night and it was awesome watching two remastered episodes on the big screen.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
OK I did a little Round The World classics marathon last week. Starting with Children Of Paradise (on the big screen, 4K!), then Seven Samurai, 2001: A Space Odyssey and Ingmar Bergman's Shame (DVD). Nothing to not love about that lineup.

Then just saw Island President on the big screen. Not just a stirring call to arms about climate change, but a fascinating portrait of the (now ex-)President of The Maldives Mohamed Nasheed, his Mandela-esque rise to power against the banana republic powers that be, and his David Vs. Goliath world tour to raise awareness of his island nation's literal, visible deterioration. Great stuff!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
A movie called, The Savages. Sort of depressing, really. About a brother and sister having to decide what to do with their aging father. It was a good show, just kind of sad.

abbie in wonderland

off with their heads!
Registered
Reaction score
I had been waiting all month for it to come out...silent house. The major twist was pretty predictable but that being said the first twenty minutes were pretty jumpy / creepy.

miss marisa

Registered
Reaction score
A movie called, The Savages. Sort of depressing, really. About a brother and sister having to decide what to do with their aging father. It was a good show, just kind of sad.

I was thinking of the new one that came out, because it's about drug lords and kidnapping and I was just like...lolwut.

Anywho, I just went to see Brave last night and it was better than I expected it to be. It wasn't exceptional, but it was cute.