Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Right, I'm going to go for about an hour to watch TV and do some plotting. I shall be back later.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Too tired to finish watching Glee tonight :)(), so I'm going to listen to a bit of music and then go to bed.

Also, according to my plotting notebook, most of the important scenes so far seem to be from Matthew's point of view. I don't know how I should feel about this.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
HR, I won't tell you any more, but all my spoilers give me the impression there is a very good change of Klainebows tonight. =)

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I have now decided my first book will be self-published. And no it is not Weeping. Not even a novel.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
...so what is it?

XD

Guys, snorkeling was so much fun, I've missed it. I had a staring contest with a fish. The fish won.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
The NF one--Culture, Conventions and Cosplay.

Of course the fish would win a staring contest xD

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Because a lot of people on here over in the NF threads pointed out that since I'm writing for something of a niche audience, it might be really, really hard (as in impossible-hard) to get a traditional publisher. They also pointed out that I seem to have the know-how and resources to do very well with it as an e-book since I obviously know how to reach my audience in the best ways.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
This is true.

I'd still suggest you look at traditional publishers, because if luck is in your favor and you find someone who is very interested in working with something on anime or japanese culture, it could also make everything way easier. I'm not saying SPing is bad, but do the research, right?

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I don't really want to rely on luck for this one since I really can do it easily myself. I've been researching self-pubbing now to figure out who to go with and the correct answer seems to be CreateSpace. I just need to talk to Brad Swaile come Youmacon and ask him to let me interview him for it. And find other interview subjects.

The only thing I'm questioning is the name to use. I know self-pubbing, if the book doesn't sell well, CAN have an effect on going via traditional publishing later (I assume this still applies even if the book type is wildly different) and I really want to go traditionally as Arianna Sterling. However, I don't want to use a different name for this self-pub, because my audience that I already have via blogging KNOWS me as Arianna Sterling.

Ah, the conundrum.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Why not differentiate it slightly, like Arianna R Sterling or Arianna Middlename Sterling? That way it might not show up as a sales record for Arianna Sterling, but it's still recognisable to your blog readers.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Really? I hated Night Terrors. Well, no, it just... so didn't entertain me.

RACHEL AND KURT I LOVE YOU.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
AR Sterling actually does sound very NF authory, if that makes sense.
I haven't watched Glee in a while, though my sisters love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.