Not open for further replies.

micahcannibal

I am a Cannibal :)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.enterthefayz.com
Hi Ally :)

and well the Hell series was originally going to be a fan fic dedicated to Gone but i realized that I wanted to do something different so I decided to try and make it a semi-original story and add some Micah Elements into it.

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I seeeee.

I really, really enjoy the Gone series. I mean, Michael Grant mostly tells instead of shows, but it's still incredibly entertaining, and the plot is fantastic.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh cool, i just went on the website, the books look interesting, but i'm releaved to find out they have nothing to do with my series. Nothing at all! *Phew!*

How many books are you planning? And how many books are in your other series? I'm always curious, because mine in unfortunately huge...

ETA!!!! Wait he Tells the story!????!!!!???? YES FINALLY!!!! I personally thinking showing is over rated.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet you, Micah!

My name is Mikey, I'm 18. I write Epic Fantasy, for the most part, but I intend to branch out at some point. Haha.

What sort of questions do you have?

Glo, when I saw Mikey I was like, "Wait, what?" :tongue

And I'm Bookgirl, BG, whatevs. I'm actually not a teen anymore, but still a TWFTie. :D

micahcannibal

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.enterthefayz.com
Halo has 5 books in the series(it is an E-fiction story on my yahoo group)

Halo: Beginnings(Book One)

Coy and Ky james are twin brothers. Coy is the brains of the two and he is hiding a devastating secret.....One year ago, he suffered a rape after being drugged by an older boy. Now, Coy is forcing himself to forget the rape and is looking for love.

Ky is the athlete who has a secret of his own that he has desperately been keeping but when he befriends another Jock named Nick, an attraction begins to emerge that Ky is not sure he is ready to acknowledge.

Josh, Coy's best friend, has a hard time accepting Coy's sexuality and his ignorance may very well cost him his friendship.

Halo 2: Angels & Monsters

Coy James is happy. He has great friends, He has a great boyfriend and life is great for him. That is until a ghost from his past comes back to haunt him in his present.

Meanwhile, Ky is having trouble accepting his sexuality and goes through great lengths to cure himself of the sickness of being gay.

Josh is hiding a secret about his family and a dangerous way of coping with the family problems.

Also, Matt's old habits began to resurface which may threaten his relationship.

This installment of Halo is VERY Graphic, Very dark and intense.

Halo 3: Marco aka Halo 3: Gemini

After the shocking end of Halo 2: Angels & Monsters, none of the characters' lives will be the same ever again.

There is something oddly different about Coy. He looks the same. Talks the same. But...he seems...different. Almost like an entirely different person

Halo 4: Resurrection
The group of friends try to move past the shocking events of Book 3. As the group of friends begin their senior year,A Boyfriend get extremely Jealous, A Pregnancy Scare, A New love triangle, New Rivals, and a breakup all appears in this installment.

Halo 5: Innocence
It's Nearly Graduation. They've suffered. They Excelled. They Cried. They Laughed. They fought. But before graduation, they'll doubt. They'll experiment. They will rise and they will fall. And by the final chapter, they'll mourn the loss of a close friend.

Halo 1 is 5 chapters
Halo 2- 8 chapters
Halo 3- 9 chapters
Halo 4- 5 chapters
Halo 5- 12 chapters plus epilogue

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
Glo, when I saw Mikey I was like, "Wait, what?" :tongue

And I'm Bookgirl, BG, whatevs. I'm actually not a teen anymore, but still a TWFTie. :D

Lol, yeah. I've been debating whether or not I want to change my U/N to just plain Mikey. Hahah.

micahcannibal

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.enterthefayz.com
I Just finished Halo up last week :( After 2 and a half years it finally came to an end.
I actually cried lol.

It was time to finish these characters up, i think.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds really intersting... How long are each book word wise?

2 years and 5 books!!!??? WOW!!! It took me 9 and i'm on my 9th book...

micahcannibal

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.enterthefayz.com
Honestly...I really wouldn't classify Halo as a romance story.
If anything the romance is secondary.

It was more about the story of how 2 brothers and their approaches with their sexuality. Coy was accepting of himself while Ky sought out help from religious zealots who were trying to "cure" him of his sexuality.

Add in the fact of drug addiction, psychological split personalities, rape, and violence(especially in Halo 2, 3 and 5) romance is secondary lol.

Halo's name is actually funny because aside from Halo 1 and Halo 2, this is a VERY dark and intense story.

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, wow. Sounds pretty compelling. Unfortunately, my book doesn't address such pressing topics. :\

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
either do mine... Well there is one rape, attempted rapes, and a shit ton of violence but no questioning of sexuality.

micahcannibal

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.enterthefayz.com
Ally, I honestly have not paid attention to the Word count of Halo.

I am more of an e-fiction writer as I have my own site dedicated to my writing.

If I had to guess

Halo 1- 15,000

Halo 2-- 25, 000

Halo 3-- 30,000

Halo 4- 15,000

Halo 5- 45,000

and honestly...I am not sure where the dark and pressing topics come from. My brother read Halo and he was like "Wow...this is a great story and makes you want to know what happens next but my god Micah this intense."

Halo 1 is like all lovey dovey and a typical Young Adult story

Halo 2 is all dark and intense

and by Halo 3 it is really like "Micah, you have a twisted imagination lol"

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
There is quite a bit of violence in my books as well. But I think that's fairly standard of Epic Fantasy or just Fantasy in general.

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome.

When I tried to get my brother to read the 2nd draft of my novel, it was sort of a battle. He wasn't that interested. Haha.

micahcannibal

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.enterthefayz.com
My brother is straight so the fact that I was able to give him a story that featured predominantly Homosexuals males & 2 straight males was crazy.

I think it helps that the story has a lot of violence and what not so it is easy to forget my characters are gay.

oops i meant homosexual(not heterosexual)

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I can imagine.

I don't really write gay characters, I'm not sure why. I mean, it would make sense, since I am gay, but for some reason it just never occurs to me to make a character of mine gay. Don't know how to explain that, lol.

micahcannibal

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.enterthefayz.com
Well with Hell, I am going to focus on reaching a broader audience...I'll still have gay characters but Hell won't be anywhere near as graphic and dark as Halo is lol.

I want Hell to reach past Gays lol

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I probably should be heading to bed soon, but I have a letter I have to finish first. After the night I've had, this letter should be easy to finish.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Oh mine are so dark, i have a feeling if they are published they will be on the school band list.

Yeah my boyfriend is the only one that has read 6 of the now 8 finished and said to me at the end of the 6th "I knew you were a little crazy, but this... this is scary mentally disturbed kind of thinking..."

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Night!

Hummm i dont have any gay characters either... dont really know why not... i should add that to my idea pot.

micahcannibal

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.enterthefayz.com
Night you two :)

i'll probably be up for ages lol. I feel like writing...>I just need some help with some things :(

and Ally, you should definitely look into exploring a gay character :) I love writing them because they bring in some drama and storylines you can't find with a heterosexual character

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hahahahaha! I have ALOT of drama already, well at least this last book did. But i'll keep it in mind.

What do you need help with?

micahcannibal

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.enterthefayz.com
Well i want to know what do you think of this premise for this story I am working on.

It's called eyes without a face.

Eyes without a face is A story of a modern day holocaust and persecution of homosexuals and also a story of falling in love...even if that love could get you killed...or worse.

He is known as The Sir by the people of his nation. He saved them from ruin....catastrophe...social destruction. And he is rebuilding the nation in his image. He plans to rid the world of those...imperfections.

But to young Skyler.....He knows The sir by another name....Dad.
Skyler is used to hiding secrets. He hides the secret of what happened to his younger brother. He hides the secret of his friends. But he is hiding a secret...A secret that if it comes out...it may very well cost him his life. Set in a dystopia 2011, Skyler is the son of a Tyrant who is intent on rebuilding the world in his image. He rids the world of inferior people and he is targeting every homosexual. Skyler must hide his sexuality from his father or be sent to the camps....to die

Your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.