The Girlie Thread

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
You are my hero. Seriously. I wish I could do that, and I could try. I just am not happy with my body right now. I don't want to start smoking again to lose the weight I gained, but I can't stand the extra pounds. I've never been a fan of my body (which was a mistake, I look back in pictures and think, holy heck! I was hot! but I didn't think so at the time) and I WANT to like the way I look. I really, really do. This is something I need to work on, a lot.

Ha, maybe! And I do sleep in shorts and a tank in the summer.

If it's weight gain that has you uncomfortable, I can understand that. The last thing I want is someone touching me when I feel fat or bloated. Stay away. Don't touch.

Hmmm.....well......what's your excersize regime? Please don't start smoking. That's not sexy. LOL. Ick. Yuck. Patooey.

Pair up with a friend and shed some pounds, walk. If you're not already doing it now. You've got time before your hubby comes back, show him a happier healthier confident you. He's gonna be glad to see you regardless of how you look though.

Get going!!!!!!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I walk/jog 3 miles every M, W, and F. I walk/jog 5 miles every T,Th, Sat. I do strength building and toning four times a week also.

And my sweet, sweet hubby has wonderful filters when it comes to seeing me. No matter what, he always thinks I look beautiful. And I am sooooo grateful for that.

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
Ya all are great here at this thread...the Love yourself thing is something some of us need to be reminded of once in a while and though it is not good to not feel confidant about oneself, it is nice to know that other women do the same and can relate.

I do the pantie thing with a t-shirt on as well and it seems not to hurt...and when I wear my bathingsuit my hubby really pays alot of attention. Sometimes alittle too much attention 'cuz if we have company over and we are out around the pool he will suggest i put on a t-shirt or something or other because he says I draw too much attention...but ya'll I am going on 40 this month (maybe that has something to do with it) and I know that no matter how hard I work at keeping myself in shape things are eventually gonna go south...do u know what I mean.

We (hub's and me) were recently at a party and my young cousin's (shes 21) boyfriend was really friendly with me and my hubby took it the wrong way and said that the guy was hittin' on me. I looked at him like he had grown horns and asked him if he was nuts or something. I reminded him that I was almost double my cousin in age and no one would look at a 40 yr. old when a 20-something was around...he looked at me like I was nuts then---so--- maybe he does still see me as attractive, I don't know...its hard to wrap my mind around.

I am gonna try to do better about believing him from now on though, thanx for the pep talk and the understanding.

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
Ya

I am gonna try to do better about believing him from now on though, thanx for the pep talk and the understanding.

Tink! You're a beautiful sex goddess in your husband's eyes. Get used to it! It's a beautiful thing.

ETA: Just looked at your profile. Your husband is telling you the honest truth when he compliments you.

Last edited:

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I walk/jog 3 miles every M, W, and F. I walk/jog 5 miles every T,Th, Sat. I do strength building and toning four times a week also.

You must have the hottest arse!!! ;)

And my sweet, sweet hubby has wonderful filters when it comes to seeing me. No matter what, he always thinks I look beautiful. And I am sooooo grateful for that.

Sweety, you ARE beautiful. I'm coming over to slap you.

Tink

Registered
Reaction score
I can't walk around naked. Might devastate the children.
I couldn't do it and I don't have children in home but I just couldn't...I could see my Mom (who doesn't knock sometimes and has an extra key to the backdoor) come in and find me that way...she'd probably try to have me committed or something. :D

Tink

Registered
Reaction score
Tink! You're a beautiful sex goddess in your husband's eyes. Get used to it! It's a beautiful thing.

ETA: Just looked at your profile. Your husband is telling you the honest truth when he compliments you.
Thank you and know that if you could see my face right now it is red as a beet...but again, thanx DH.:)
Is that u in your profile if so... than Girl, YOU got IT going on yourself...

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
We (hub's and me) were recently at a party and my young cousin's (shes 21) boyfriend was really friendly with me and my hubby took it the wrong way and said that the guy was hittin' on me. I looked at him like he had grown horns and asked him if he was nuts or something. I reminded him that I was almost double my cousin in age and no one would look at a 40 yr. old when a 20-something was around...he looked at me like I was nuts then---so--- maybe he does still see me as attractive, I don't know...its hard to wrap my mind around.
Wow, I'm jealous. :D

You must be steamy hawt! And Mr. Tink probably is right and you should ENJOY that a 20-something was hitting on you. That's what I think I've messed up on, is just enjoying the fun of being cute.

I'll never turn heads in a bathing suit (not much up top, or at least, not when I'm at my normal weight), but my legs and bum are usually noticed quite a lot. And, my daughter does says she hates the way guys stare at me when I'm in my bikini at the lake, but that was pre-smoke-free. "Course, Hubby says men constantly stare or flirt and I'm just oblivious. That's okay too.

We can all just be here to remind each other to love our bodies, love ourselves, and we'll hit Jennifer75 up every time we need a pep talk. . .until she starts hitting back. :D

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
lol. I've got to start walking. I will start walking again. Must....tighen.....the arse. But sheesh, 5 miles!?!?!?!? Insanity!

Tink

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah on the hitting thing, don't want to get smacked.
I understand about being called oblivious, I have been called that a few times myself but then again that isn't the worst we could be called is it?

Wonder why it is that we don't see ourselves the way others sees us?

Last edited:

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
lol. I've got to start walking. I will start walking again. Must....tighen.....the arse. But sheesh, 5 miles!?!?!?!? Insanity!

It's ok, you can (read: I'll ALLOW you to) do it. :D

(see? now you have a good excuse NOT to do it. People ask you why you don't exercise? Just say "Some guy on the internet told me that I COULD, and i don't want to be lorded over like that.")

Tink

Registered
Reaction score
Its a da^^ shame we can't all get to walk w/each other, but S. Cal. is a long way for me to travel. Where are u at SG? Never mind SG, I see now, u r in TN. Depending on what part of the state u live in u probably aren't that far from me.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
You can come with me!!! I have lots and lots of hills, so it makes it interesting (and it really does work that arse!). Insanity is fun, give it a try. :D

And Tink, I have no idea why we don't see ourselves the way others do. You know what they say, perception is reality. . .or something like that.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Psst, girls, did ya'll know there is a man lurking around in here?

:roll:

I'm just here on the off chance there might be some naked female flesh.

Don't mind me anymore, I'll be over there...hiding in the bushes.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Tink, I'm right near Ft. Campbell, on the mid-northern border of TN/KY. Where are you?

Tink

Registered
Reaction score
Southeast MO. the bootheel. I can be in Union City in about two hrs.
I was over your way just last week. Passed right by u as a matter of fact. Hubby had to deliver a combine header (i went along) to a farmer in Orlinda, TN. Do you know where that is?

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Southeast MO. the bootheel. I can be in Union City in about two hrs.
I was over your way just last week. Passed right by u as a matter of fact.
And you didn't stop in and say hi?!?!?!?!

Hubby had to deliver a combine header (i went along) to a farmer in Orlinda, TN. Do you know where that is?
I barely know where I'm at. I'll have to look it up.

Tink

Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

I'm just here on the off chance there might be some naked female flesh.

Don't mind me anymore, I'll be over there...hiding in the bushes.
Well, according to J-75 we are all suppose to be getting use to running around naked but I just can't part w/my clothes yet so it'll be ok for now...I guess.

Tink

Registered
Reaction score
And you didn't stop in and say hi?!?!?!?!
I am sorry but I didn't know u were there then...:(

I barely know where I'm at.
:roll: I'll have to look it up.
Nothing like understanding where u r just in case u have to leave in a hurry or something similar to that...I have been all over the 48 and to Canada and to Mexico but ask me what street the postoffice is on in my home town and I will not be able to answer you. Well maybe with hick directions like "Do u remember where the old gas station used to be, well turn right and go to Mr. Johnson pasture and make a left and its down by where the old park used to be at...."

Last edited:

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Ha, I rarely know street names. I give directions by landmarks.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Ha, I rarely know street names. I give directions by landmarks.

People here don't even know the street names. We made a big effort to learn them when we first moved here, but people had no clue what we were talking about. Now it's all, we're on the street with Pollo Loco. (no joke)

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, that's how it is here too.

ETA: It's strange because where I grew up in CO, everyone used street names. Turn east on Main street then in three blocks, turn north on Washington. Here it's like, go down the road, go through one stop light, then when you get to the Taco Bell, turn left. You'll pass a Piggly Wiggly, then see a billboard for dirtbikes, turn right there. It's about five minutes from there. Distance is also measured in minutes instead of miles, which I find interesting.

Last edited:

Tink

Registered
Reaction score
Here as well, if u don't know the history of what use to be here then your pretty much SOL unless U do have a map that is very, very precise...we have lots and lots of dirt/gravel roads here and people around here refer to them as 'what use to be on them' like everyone is gonna' know that...