• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

XoXo Publishing / Botham Publishing / Ninni Group, Inc.

Lori Winchester

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Lori. I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and yours.

Thank you so very much. I appreciate it. :)

There's much more to editing well than finding mistakes, though, isn't there? Do books at XoXo get edited for plot, pacing, dialogue, narrative arc, characterisation, and so on, or do you just look for mistakes?

Oh yes, yes there is. Most definitely. And, yes, XoXo does edit for all of that as well. To me, that IS part of the mistakes. Please don't think that we'd put just any old piece of crap out. We like to be proud of what Xoxo puts out, just as much as the author is proud to be published. We have a great Submissions Director now and she does not accept crap. Apparently, (before I even started as an Editor) XoXo wasn't so lucky with their old SD. LOL.

Look, this all started with that crap from earlier. Truthfully, I just don't give a shit about that anymore. It will be what it will be. I, myself, just wanted to state that I trust XoXo and feel confident to recommend them as a publishing company. Even if I WASN'T working for them, I would still do so. We truly are making leaps and bounds to come back from the edge of destruction.

Tiki20021

Registered
Reaction score
CherryD, is Tiki20021 the friend you mentioned who "works" at XoXo?

Hi all, I just want to clarify that I am a FORMER cover designer for XoXo. I have not been employed by them since last year. I can assure you that this situation going on does not involve me.

Tiki20021

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know who Tiki200whatever is. Will say I think it might be the person that contacted me via FB after I posted here.

Like I told her...I do not know anything about their publishing dispute with "Payne" or anyone else. I will not repeat what her and I spoke about and as I told her I only posted here because I felt that "Payne" was not being clear as to what us FBRPW are.

Hi CherryD, It wasn't me that contacted you. I don't work for them anymore, and haven't since 2011. I never contact anyone personally via FB for work. I only post my available items online to my own FB group usually (I design covers on my own now).

Deleted member 42

Look, this all started with that crap from earlier. Truthfully, I just don't give a shit about that anymore. It will be what it will be. I, myself, just wanted to state that I trust XoXo and feel confident to recommend them as a publishing company. Even if I WASN'T working for them, I would still do so. We truly are making leaps and bounds to come back from the edge of destruction.

And I think this says it all.

GobblerVT

Registered
Reaction score
I, myself, just wanted to state that I trust XoXo

Really, it goes for me too. They've given me no reason not to. Sorry I've been gone for a bit researching some stuff for a blog series.

Don't think I won't take advice to heart. Anyway, I appreciate your time and apologize if I ever offended anyone. :) Everyone is very passionate about ... well what they are passionate about.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's wonked, Tw & FB are gone, and publishing cut off mid-year. But recently advertised for copy-editors, et al. on craigslist, so they might return.

kathleea

Card-carrying Geek
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kathleensallen.weebly.com
Any recent updates on xoxo? I published a book with them a few years ago and wondered if they were out of business and if so, would I get my rights back so I can self-publish it?

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

kathleea

Card-carrying Geek
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kathleensallen.weebly.com
Their Facebook page is not available and the email in the page you shared doesn't work. Guess I'll assume it's no longer available and write this one off. Thanks.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Last edited:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely not. According to their contact email in the 'About' section they are a part of Simon and Schuster.

Link: http://xoxoafterdark.com/about/

This is what they say on the page you linked to:

XOXO After Dark is supported by Pocket Books/Simon & Schuster, but features romance and women’s fiction from all publishers—you read books from more than one house, and so do we. We hope you’ll enjoy reading, commenting, and just hanging out here at XOXOAfterDark with lots of like-minded readers!

"Supported by" and "part of" are not the same.

Last edited:

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I emailed them for clarification. I'll post when I hear back.

Update: I did email them and they emailed back saying yes they were supported by them, specifically by Pocket Books, but they do feature books from any publisher.

I specifically asked if they were part of S&S. Their email sounded like to me that supported by and part of was the same thing in their case.

Last edited: