Fagin February 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
My appointment went pretty well. The doc wants me to have a CAT scan and some bloodwork done. He's thinking it might be a thyroid problem (because my left eye is a bit bulge-y) or something going on with the muscles. He did say that the vertigo was unrelated to this, but my body can be wanky at times, so I am thinking it might still be related.

As for the pain and vertigo, no change.

Didn't write yesterday. Just wasn't feeling up to it.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
My appointment went pretty well. The doc wants me to have a CAT scan and some bloodwork done. He's thinking it might be a thyroid problem (because my left eye is a bit bulge-y) or something going on with the muscles. He did say that the vertigo was unrelated to this, but my body can be wanky at times, so I am thinking it might still be related.

I'm sorry you're not feeling better, but I'm glad your appointment went well. Here's hoping your doc nails the root cause, and you can feel like yourself again.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've done that before - ended up tidying, dusting and hoovering an entire room once!

1379 words today to make up for yesterday's nothing.

Glad to know I'm not the only one IAM.:D

No new words for me today. Spend a good portion of it with my daughter.

But I did hear back from my editor, and we're a go on the plot I sent in for the second book. In fact she sounded excited about it. This one is going to be an awful lot of fun to write.

Yay! For fun plots.:hooray:

I'm sorry you're still not feeling well, Saoirse. Here's hoping the CAT scan will get to the bottom of it.:Hug2:

I finally managed to write - 998 words (yes, I was tempted to add 'The End', or something just to make the thousand.:evil)

Hoping to get more done over the weekend.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Just stopped in to see everyones progress. No real words so far this morning. Dropped in on the SYW with a revised version of the start and got some great feedback. Actually added 82 words to it and despite that, it really tightened it up.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling good, Saoirse. :Hug2: At least you had some news and God willing the doctor will find the cause and get you better. In my prayers.

ETA: Got another 726 today! Wrapped up one scene and a good start on the next! With the 82 from my edits, that makes a grand total of 808 today! Brings the WIP to....*drumroll please*...........

51,423! :snoopy:

Last edited:

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
Today I have written a page today. I hoped for more but sometimes the words won't flow.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I printed out the whole beta today. Took hours on our old printer. I was not up to actually reading, though, so I sat down and started making detailed notes on the plot changes I need to do. A few fine details still to be worked out, but I think it's moving in the right direction.

The whole thing is exhausting me today.

Go, team! Yay, words! :e2cheer:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Busy day so no words so far. I have a rough outline for the next chapter so I'm hoping to get that finished this evening.

Happy writing everyone.:e2cheer:

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
857 for me which is good as I got back into it quite easily after a day off.

Writing the build-up to my main characters finally hopping into bed with each other only for one of them to be kidnapped the next morning. Fun times!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Made some notes on the prologue and first chapter, but honestly it ws frustrating. The prologue is too new for me to read with much objectivity...and Chapter One is the first bit I wrote, and I know it pretty much by heart, which means I have no objectivity there, either.

I need a schedule, and some deadlines. I figure I'll push to finish my notes by the end of February, and March I'll go in and make the actual changes. It's SO close to being where I want it to be - why is it so hard to focus and get it done??

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Looks like everyone is doing pretty well.

lizmonster - I have a revision that I've been working on since 2008. It is a new method for me, which I think is why it's taking so long. I am just so unmotivated, but I love the story and want to get it out there...it's crazy sometimes.

Somehow, by some miracle, I managed 2,230 words last night. I don't even know...but it is good progress which I am in dire need of. :D

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
1494 words today which brings the WIP upto...24,835!

Just hooked my characters up, so I'll be writing the morning after fallout tomorrow which then leads up to a kidnapping! My poor characters can never have simple lives...

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Great counts, Saoirse, knightrunner and iamwriter. Great luck on that revision, liz. I am off today with two teens off for President's Day and have set two goals: 1500 words, not counting the blog, and sending the __ submission I've been putting off forever. If I miss the goal I have to do 30 mins extra cardio. Hate cardio.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am off today with two teens off for President's Day and have set two goals: 1500 words, not counting the blog, and sending the __ submission I've been putting off forever. If I miss the goal I have to do 30 mins extra cardio. Hate cardio.

Good luck with reaching your goal, Lucie. (I hate cardio too.:D)

Kids off on mid-term here so nothing done today. Managed a paltry 321 words over the weekend. *Note to self: Must do better.*

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
417 measly words. Having a hard time with this scene. And realized I need to do a little research before I can power through it.

Still, forward progress.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Wow! Wordage all over this thread! :D

No words this weekend, but I did have a great date! Looking forward to this weekend too, which means little or no writing, but a guy has to have fun once in a blue moon.

(All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy....all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy... all work..:evil )

Did manage a meager 405 words today, despite it being MONDAY. Closed out a tough scene and started the next. WIP total is now at 52,213! (And I triple checked my math this time. :tongue )

Good luck on the wordage, everyone!

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
143 words for me today.

Mind not really working for me today. I did do some research on the field of torture for some scenes coming up but thats about it.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Yay for the big words, :Hug2: for the small words. It's all progress - not every day is meant to be huge.

Namatu, congratulations on the milestone!

Backwards Editing Day 1: I did the two final chapters and the epilogue, which is about 1/9 of the whole thing. In a way, it was a cheat - the epilogue required almost nothing, as did the final chapter. The penultimate chapter required a little more tweaking, and I'm really pleased at how it went. This feels like the right way to tackle the problem.

Tomorrow: The big, climactic, bad-guy-gets-it chapter. This one is going to need a lot of changes; but I'm feeling SO much more energetic now!

And I would not be doing so well were it not for all of you, sharing your successes and failures along with your advice. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Awesome work everyone!

I didn't write at all last night, except for a blog post. I ended up losing the entire thing and having to recreate it. It's all good now, but was very frustrating.