Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey...Jude...the vanilla malteds are teh best but don't tell Susie. She's partial to chocolate.

Pretty cool, AC!

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What we would call a milkshake.
BUZZ! Wrong. A milkshake is a milkshake. A malted is a milkshake with tons of extra calories due to the addition of malt.

*adjusts pants*

Big difference.

:D

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
7298270164_9f44ed506e.jpg

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How can people be THIS stupid?

There was a TV news segment just on. A woman received a call out of blue telling her she had won a $500,000 sweepstakes. She would just have to send them a $650 processing fee. Then they told her she would have to pay taxes on the winnings first. All in all, the woman is out $40,000.

I'm sorry that the woman lost her money, but I have a hard time really feeling sorry for her. She was an older woman, but she wasn't elderly (sometimes that can be an excuse).

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

There was a TV news segment just on. A woman received a call out of blue telling her she had won a $500,000 sweepstakes. She would just have to send them a $650 processing fee. Then they told her she would have to pay taxes on the winnings first. All in all, the woman is out $40,000.

I'm sorry that the woman lost her money, but I have a hard time really feeling sorry for her. She was an older woman, but she wasn't elderly (sometimes that can be an excuse).

Something similar happened to my SIL. We helped her get back on her feet, but we had more than one conversation that started with, "What were you thinking?". I tried hard to understand, but the best I could come up with is naivety. (She was 30, so it wasn't magical thinking, or at least shouldn't have been.)

At any rate, she recovered and is now a little less naive.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have a malted, but I do have three kinds of ice cream in the fridge, and two kinds of cookies.

Perhaps it's time for some Bear Claw ice cream?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
In a lecture yesterday, before it started, a guy sitting behind me got a phone call.

What I heard was him talking about, "Yeah, I have Windows 7. Oh you want to send me something? It's free? Okay, that's fine, send away. What? You want my details? Don't you have my details already? I'm not giving you my details! Just send the free stuff."

If he had started giving details, I would've turned around and told him, "Uh, dude, that's a scam call."

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
I has a headache. :cry:Meeting with a paralegal will do that to you, plus piles of steaming documents. *&@#!!!!

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net

Greed. Bad kind of greed.

I don't have a malted, but I do have three kinds of ice cream in the fridge, and two kinds of cookies.

Perhaps it's time for some Bear Claw ice cream?

Also greed. Good kind of greed.

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Special HoFF greed - chocolate cake or anything chocolate or anything cake. Very good greed. My tribute to Susie.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I got my apt deposit returned! I have bought the whole internet! And then later I am going to buy the entire grocery store aisle of its delicious coffees and creamers.

So relieved. Purchasing of healthy foods begins after rent is paid. Everyone, prepare yourself.

You can't say I didn't warn you.

Also, the tail end of the current book I'm editing needs major rewrites.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay Bettie! Foods for all! Non stop foods and internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.