Did someone say MarNoWriMo?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
What are your monthly goals?

I'm intending to get ahead with all 3 of my Uni classes, finish editing my novel, and read a book.

Yeah, you heard me - read 1 singular book. Explanation: I'll have so much reading to do for those 3 classes that I can only presume to read 1 of my personal novels.

So let's start the cheering section off! Ra ra ra!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
*Yawns* Spanish is boring me right now... I like shopping I guess, but I don't really think I'm ever going to need Spanish to buy something... I'll get through this section eventually, even though I don't really care for it.

I'm keeping my goals vague this month:

*work on Spanish
*work on statistics
*finish reading Life and Fate (my history teacher wants it back...)
*don't get too distracted by reading
*try to write something this month...

I don't really want to be too specific this month... Maybe I'll decide on some absolutes around mid-March. For now, I just need to work.

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
That's great, K :) Glad you're feeling well enough to work on something now.

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
And actually, yesterday I finished my English reader, but got not much else done.

I wound up having a nap at 7pm... Which turned into sleep until 11pm. So I then went to bed proper and didn't wake up till 8.30am...

Lots of sleep. I'm feeling a bit more energetic now, I guess.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I got my hair sprayed red today for Spirit Day... I kept running my fingers through my bangs before they dried and I looked like I was covered in blood. >.< That, along with the fact that my shirt had a smiley face with fangs on it that said "I bite" and that one of my friends mysteriously disappeared from class, I looked like a murderer. Or a vampyre. One or the other. :tongue

Time for Spanish. Yay...

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, okay. :)

I never really felt comfortable with Chemistry. I liked Maths and Physics, but that was generally a theoretical thing that I liked... The practical side of Physics wasn't really my thing, and Chemistry I wasn't very good at.

I'm studying Arts now - Creative Writing and Philosophy. My Major is Writing, my minor might be Philosophy, Drama or Sociology - not sure yet, but by the end of this year I'll have enough credits in those 3 to do them in later years, and hopefully a better idea of what it is I want my minor to be.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com

Lucia

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chooseya.com
I aim to have completed my first draft of my novel by the end of the month, which is a little scary as I'm not too far into it.

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I'm studying law at university, so I'm a busy bee as well. My writing goals for this month are, in short, pretty ambitious.

• Finish writing manuscript for Mirrorland #2. Current status: 50k/60k words.
  • Finish writing The Sleeping Kingdom manuscript. Current status: 40k/60k words.
  • Write 10k words in Ghostslayer manuscript. Current status: 10k/80k words.
  • Draft outline for Angel of Death Series #2, Demonic Pact.
  • Edit first draft of Mirrorland #2 when finished writing.
  • Write two horror short stories of about 5k words.
  • Start working on a supernatural mystery novella. Current Status: 0k/20k words.
Phew! That's quite a few, isn't it?

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Oh, okay. :)

I never really felt comfortable with Chemistry. I liked Maths and Physics, but that was generally a theoretical thing that I liked... The practical side of Physics wasn't really my thing, and Chemistry I wasn't very good at.

I'm studying Arts now - Creative Writing and Philosophy. My Major is Writing, my minor might be Philosophy, Drama or Sociology - not sure yet, but by the end of this year I'll have enough credits in those 3 to do them in later years, and hopefully a better idea of what it is I want my minor to be.

That's cool.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
*sigh* Lone high school student has to wait another six months for college... :tongue

I ended up reading instead of working on Spanish yesterday. Shocker. Think I'm going to eat some lunch and then try to keep my hands off of my books so I can actually learn something today...

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
2 more chapters edited after spending too long out of the house.

10 more to go, and then I get to change a bunch of things in the second edit. *sigh* I want this beast out on sub soon, but I definitely need a second edit after this. Just the style of it, I think, needs heightening... Which I decided after reading a number of chapters, and then decided to wait till I've read the whole thing before tweaking the style.

Just gotta push on through, I suppose.