• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Totally Entwined Group / Totally Bound (formerly Total-e-bound)

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure you're right - I noticed the new website several days ago and I've been waiting to see what kind of publisher site they come up with. Excuse my ignorance, but what's GLR? Some kind of publisher...meeting thing?

It's a big LGBT readers/authors convention that's held in the US every year. Publishers sponsor events there and I do know that TEB had three staff members there this year, including the person who deals with the contract requests.

Lyrainthedark

Registered
Reaction score
It's a big LGBT readers/authors convention that's held in the US every year. Publishers sponsor events there and I do know that TEB had three staff members there this year, including the person who deals with the contract requests.

Thanks so much! That makes a good deal of sense; now I can hope they get caught up with their backlog soon instead of being afraid I'm forgotten!

elindsen

Zombie lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.augustkert.blogspot.com
I wouldn't worry either. My editor accepted my book and I think it took around 18 days to get my contract. Yes, like Mouse said, I believe they group and send out in batches. If you're worried, ask. I told my editor up front that this was my first go-around and she was very cool about it. She emailed back and said I would get this, possibly around then, cover art would come around X, edits around Y, ect.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
There is a link under "Authors", but it only leads to the email address for submission with a note saying that more information will be coming soon.

Lyrainthedark

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the information! Apparently posting here was a better idea than I thought; one of the publishers from TEB saw my post here as well and sent me an email message; certainly not my intention but very promising!

Also, their submission page appears to be becoming part of their new publishers/authors site, which is coming soon.

PS: this bit of communication from the publisher just adds to the excellent experience I've had with TEB so far - should teach me not to get paranoid!

Last edited:

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

elindsen

Zombie lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
UPDATE:

My first book, a "Lust Bite", was contracted in April 2013. It was released for pre-order in September 2013, and general released in October 2013. So, in the four months it's been available for purchase, I've sold...1 copy. ONE!

I've done blog tours, giveaways, social media...Nothing. I've asked for rights back but the best I get is that it will be marked in their calendar for when the contract is up.

I liked my editor, and I do think my cover art is good. But, I will never send another thing to them. One copy sold is more than ridiculous. I'd recommend people avoid these guys. I know from speaking with several of their authors that I'm not the only one with bad sales.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I've done blog tours, giveaways, social media...Nothing. I've asked for rights back but the best I get is that it will be marked in their calendar for when the contract is up.

Oh, man do I hear you loud and clear on that. I've also blasted my book/s with every conceivable social media tactic known in the universe. I have wasted hundreds of hours pushing, exposing, announcing and asking. Nothing so far has worked. My campaign worked about a year ago, I could always pick up several sales from some type of event. It's not working for me now and I'm kind of at wit's end.

tri

HSLane

Registered
Reaction score
I sent in the query and manuscript for my short story on the 28th, and got a reply on the 17th offering a contract and a question about turning the short into the first of a series (which I planned to do). I was originally pretty excited (it's the second contract offer I've gotten for it), but reading the stuff on the last page has kind of made me rethink it.

Lyrainthedark

Registered
Reaction score
Some Thoughts

I'm quite surprised to see the bad turn this thread has taken since I was here last - I found it in my bookmarks when I was cleaning them out, and checked mostly for fun, but I think a bit of the other side is warranted here.

Firstly, I found TB's contract excellent, with terms profitable both to me and to TB, as it should be.
Secondly, while I am sorry to hear of a sad experience such as selling only one book, I can't equate it with my own at all. My debut novel is still on early release, meaning it won't even be available off Totally Bound's website until May 9th, but I'd already sold at least a half dozen copies to random people in my Nanowrimo group when it was on pre-order. Considering it's the debut novel, first in a series, of a debut author, I find that quite encouraging - and of course that's only the books that have been sold that I personally know about, because individuals have commented on posts and such.

Those of you considering contracting with TB, please make your own decisions based on what you feel is best for your book with this in mind as well as what others have said. It saddens me to see much negativity here when I, at least have had such an excellent experience!

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
I'm quite surprised to see the bad turn this thread has taken since I was here last - I found it in my bookmarks when I was cleaning them out, and checked mostly for fun, but I think a bit of the other side is warranted here.

Firstly, I found TB's contract excellent, with terms profitable both to me and to TB, as it should be.
Secondly, while I am sorry to hear of a sad experience such as selling only one book, I can't equate it with my own at all. My debut novel is still on early release, meaning it won't even be available off Totally Bound's website until May 9th, but I'd already sold at least a half dozen copies to random people in my Nanowrimo group when it was on pre-order. Considering it's the debut novel, first in a series, of a debut author, I find that quite encouraging - and of course that's only the books that have been sold that I personally know about, because individuals have commented on posts and such.

Those of you considering contracting with TB, please make your own decisions based on what you feel is best for your book with this in mind as well as what others have said. It saddens me to see much negativity here when I, at least have had such an excellent experience!
Hope you will let us know what happens after May 9th.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score

So, to your knowledge, you've sold 6 copies?

Lyrainthedark

Registered
Reaction score
Update

A small update: I continue to be pleased with Totally Bound on all fronts. My book reached three bestseller lists thanks to their excellent handling, and with minimal marketing on my behalf. This includes reaching #11 in its genre on ARe, spending a few weeks between the top 35 and top 60 in its genre on amazon, and being nominated in several "best debut" lists on goodreads. Their payment of royalties has been timely and well documented, so it's easy to keep track of what books are being sold.
I definitely recommend them to any romance author!

https://www.totallybound.com/dark-side-of-the-sun
darksideofthesun_exlarge_PNG-210x336.png

elindsen

Zombie lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
My update: I've sold about 27 copies, which is a far cry from my 1 a few posts back. The thing I'm wondering is length. My book is in their Lust Bite line. So maybe the shorts don't sell that well? I do think the price is a bit high, but some publishers can get away with that. I am happy my sales picked up, but I'm not sure I couldn't have at least matched that on my own.

Again, editing was excellent. I loved my editor and I think she is amazing. The cover art is always gorgeous, but sales are not good. My other current publisher sells that much opening month, not over the span of 6 months.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
There are no email addresses listed on their site. My email attempts are bouncing. Does anyone know who to contact about contracts?

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I got an email from them today announcing they are creating separate imprints for their GLBT fiction, crime/thrillers, and YA. Totally Bound will be reserved for their hetero fiction. The imprints are:

Finch Books: YA
Pride Publishing: Gay Fiction
Evidence Press: Crime/Thriller

Last edited:

sharkjumper

Registered
Reaction score
M/F steamy romance

I know some pubs sell M/F romance better than others and I'm considering subbing my M/F steamy romance to Totally Bound, but I'm wondering how they sell?

Thanks in Advance.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I got an email from them today announcing they are creating separate imprints for their GLBT fiction, crime/thrillers, and YA. Totally Bound will be reserved for their hetero fiction. The imprints are:

Finch Books: YA
Pride Publishing: GLBT
Evidence Press: Crime/Thriller

Can anyone confirm if the Pride Publishing imprint is actually GLBT? Or is it just Gay Fiction, like their submission page suggests?

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the Pride Publishing imprint is actually GLBT? Or is it just Gay Fiction, like their submission page suggests?

They do publish gay, lesbian, and bisexual fiction. I haven't seen anything with transgendered characters from them. I went back and looked at the email again and it states 'gay fiction'. I'm assuming that is inclusive, but I could be wrong. I guess for anyone who is curious the best thing is to shoot them an email. I will correct my other posting to make it accurate in this thread.

Added Note: I have always enjoyed working with this publisher, and whenever I have had to ask questions they have been quick to answer.

Last edited:

SarahSmea

Registered
Reaction score
New YA Publishing House Submission Call (Totally Entwined Group)

:hi:

I'm Sarah, Senior Editor for the Totally Entwined Group.

2015 sees the birth of three new publishing houses in addition to Totally Bound: Finch Books, Pride Publishing and Evidence Press, diversifying and expanding the group.

Finch Books submission call

Guidelines:

Finch Books is actively acquiring quintessential YA literature that is enlightening and influential, typically consistent with the age and experience of the main character and his or her journey.
• 30 - 80k word count per story.
• Send us stories to inspire, featuring memorable characters, an authentic voice and moving plots that contain real-life or coming-of-age situations young people can relate to.
Please send your full manuscripts to [email protected] with the header Finch Books Submission along with a synopsis in the first instance. We look forward to hearing from you.

If you have any questions please let me know :)

Sarah

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Reading through this thread, they sound established and legit, but their new "Entwined" website says:
The team at Totally Entwined provide a unique service to our authors and readers. We are a royalty paying, full-service Publisher. This means that there are no fees to the author to become published with us.
unique /= standard

I checked the submission guidelines for their Pride imprint, but all it says is
Pride Publishing is currently acquiring fabulous gay fiction from new and existing authors. All genres considered.

There was, once upon a time, a notion that fiction more often than not had to include a hero and heroine at the center of it. Times have changed. This is the revolution, this is where we stand proud to say that gay fiction now has an independent place to call home, and this is your chance to become a part of it.
gay =/ GLBTQ

SarahSmea

Registered
Reaction score
Just to clarify, Totally Entwined is a group. Totally Bound (Erotic Romance), Finch Books (YA Fiction), Pride Publishing (Gay Fiction) and Evidence Press (Crime and Thriller) are all individual publishing houses that are run separately from each other.