Mass Effect 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludicrum

Registered
Reaction score
How about if you're romancing no one and Mordin thinks you have the hots for HIM? Now that is an interesting conversation.

"Subset of krogan sexual deviants enjoy salarian flexibility. More cartilage in skeletal structure."

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I'm guessing some of you have played the latest DLC, "Arrival?"

What did you think?

Out of all the DLC for ME2, I enjoyed "Lair of the Shadow Broker" the most. Most of the DLC has been pretty solid. I'm kind of "eh" on the weapon/armor DLCs, but the Mattock heavy rifle and the Kestrel armor were worth it.

Last edited:

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't done Arrival. Enjoyed Kasumi and the Shadow Broker. I agree that the armor/weapon/outfit DLCs are 'meh'. Can't see spending any cash on another type of bang-bang.

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
I must admit, I've no love at all for Kaiden. Not that I hate him either. He was, like Thane, one of those incidental party members I had no real opinion on.

maggi90w1

CAVE!
Registered
Reaction score
I must admit, I've no love at all for Kaiden. Not that I hate him either. He was, like Thane, one of those incidental party members I had no real opinion on.
I agree. I'm not sure why, but he's pretty bland. The fact that Jacob and Kaiden are the two human male love options makes it obvious that the mass effect designers are guys.
Seriously, I would take Garrus over these two sleeping pills and Garrus has no lips...

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
I agree. I'm not sure why, but he's pretty bland. The fact that Jacob and Kaiden are the two human male love options makes it obvious that the mass effect designers are guys.
Seriously, I would take Garrus over these two sleeping pills and Garrus has no lips...

Garrus' VA has a pretty hot voice, though. Just sayin'.

But yeah. You're right, they feel very generic, as if little thought was put into them beyond making them reasonably cute.

Her Dark Star

Registered
Reaction score
Looking good so far, only recently discovered the ME games and loving them, this is definitely a game I'm looking forward to. Of course, after replay DA:O a dozen times I was looking forward to DA2 as well...

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm Captain Shepard, and this is my favorite thread on AW.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm an incredible nerd, but...

I have a HUGE problem with the latest videos. Basically, they describe how Shepard has a new melee weapon.

Fantastic! Shields kind of demand that people have a short sword, as said shields stop fast moving projectiles but let slower moving objects in. Mass Effect still has guns because it is assumed that you can overload shields with sustained fire. All right, this is cool.

Even cooler is the fact that the omni-tool is used to create the blade. The omni-tool is basically a minifabricator which creates small objects. That's what 99% of an engineer's powers are: The construction of small bombs and drones that are launched at the enemy. You program this via a hapatic interface (The hologram that appears around your omni-tool, which has force feedback sensors built into your gloves).

Awesome!

But here is what pisses me off: The Devs say, "Oh, and you jam this big HOLOGRAPHIC sword into people! Nothing hurts more than a HOLOGRAM in the face."

Excuse me?

Okay.

So.

What the omni-blade is CLEARLY doing is manufacturing/extruding a monomolecular rapier, which is good. Cuts through armor and is cheap to create rapidly. Won't last long, but you only need to stab them once. The holographic part is NOTHING MORE than an AIMING device so that you can actually maneuver a blade that's thinner than a human hair.

It's NOT A FUCKING HOLOGRAM SWORD!

GOD!

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe he used it as an accesible concept? People might tilt their heads and go "whu?" at the idea of "hard-light sword" or "compressed particles sword".*

*uh... symbolic terms.

third person

She blinded me--with magic!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't need any fancy melee ripoff of Halo. Yeah I said it. All I need is my anti-materiel rifle and my invisibility power (it had BETTER be making a comeback) so me and Kasumi can tear shit up from the shadows while Grunt pulls aggro and tanks.

amrose

is Envy Augustine
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know I'm probably the only perv who cares in this thread but if they offer more alien/human ship options in ME3 they better not crap out on the consumation animations.

Fem Shepard and Thane was a cop out IMO. The FS/Miranda animation was so much nicer.

third person

Registered
Reaction score
I know I'm probably the only perv who cares in this thread but if they offer more alien/human ship options in ME3 they better not crap out on the consumation animations.

Fem Shepard and Thane was a cop out IMO. The FS/Miranda animation was so much nicer.

Ha. So the anti-videogame crazies can point and go "SEE!"

Actually screw it. Make it an R-rated love scene. Let it EARN the M rating. Yeeeeeeah. My Femshep and Liara like that idea.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Bioware needs to take notes from the Witcher 2's dev team when it comes to the sex scenes.

Cause...

Damn.

(THIS LINK HAS NUDITY, but it's on youtube so you need a youtube account to view it)

But...seriously, DAMN.

third person

Registered
Reaction score
Bioware needs to take notes from the Witcher 2's dev team when it comes to the sex scenes.

Cause...

Damn.

(THIS LINK HAS NUDITY, but it's on youtube so you need a youtube account to view it)

But...seriously, DAMN.

Witcher dev team = European = not pressured to keep things "PG-13" by uptight prudish execs.

John Ayliff

Registered
Reaction score
Website
johnayliff.com
I am so looking forward to ME3. I thought 2 was a big improvement on 1.

I'm interested in seeing how much the ME2 party members will feature in ME3, given what might have happened to them at the end of ME2.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score

Cause...

Damn.

But...seriously, DAMN.
I think that worked better as comedy than an expression of the two's intimacy...still, that kind of smirking, black-tinted humor is part of the Witcher atmosphere, so maybe it was exactly right.

Status
Not open for further replies.