How to get pop.mail account to run Outlook 2007?

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to get Outlook 2007 up and running on my PC. It seems to do everything but actually send and receive email. How do I get a POP.MAIL account to enable it?

Tirjasdyn

Outline Maven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michellejnorton.com
I'm trying to get Outlook 2007 up and running on my PC. It seems to do everything but actually send and receive email. How do I get a POP.MAIL account to enable it?

First check with your internet service provider...if they provide an email account for you. Most ISPs will have directions on how to set up outlook.

After that...you can sign up for one of the free email services. Gmail has pop3 access but I've found that it works better just using the web site rather than an email client.

Three Fish

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
It seems to do everything but actually send and receive email.

Good old Outlook! :) What email service do you use? ISP (comcast, verizon, etc)? A web service (gmail, hotmail, etc)? Should be no problem to get you up and running!

childeroland

Registered
Reaction score
My ISP is Optimum. I have a gmail account.

childeroland

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Jackson. :) EDIT: and James and Tirjasdyn (rushing about today, my fingers type too hastily)

Last edited:

Timinator

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.timothytrimble.com
GMail will work great with Outlook. Just go to your GMail account on the web, go to settings, and turn on POP/IMAP. You'll find links on that setup page on how to configure your Outlook.