• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Fox Literary Agency (Diana Fox)

BrigidsBlest

Registered
Reaction score
Follow-up

As of today, 14 months since submission of full, with a nudge 6 months ago. Still hopeful!

~Jennifer

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
It's a little quiet around here, so I thought I'd just add that I queried 11/17 and am still waiting to hear back. It means I either made it into her maybe pile (she's a big fan of the maybe pile, from what I understand), or I'm stuck in the spam folder. It can be hard to tell... :)

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I sent on 11/24 and heard back the same day with a personalized rejection. I'm not sure, but it might mean that it got stuck in spam. I'd say give it until the two month mark and requery if you don't hear anything?

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I sent on 11/24 and heard back the same day with a personalized rejection. I'm not sure, but it might mean that it got stuck in spam. I'd say give it until the two month mark and requery if you don't hear anything?

Kaitie, thanks for sharing your stats. I queried her last year with a different project, and after not hearing back from her for several months, I followed up. She sent me a kind rejection several days later, apologizing for the delay and explaining that I'd been in her maybe pile for all that time. So languishing in the maybe pile is probably just the same as getting a rejection, but I guess you never know. No reason to give up hope yet, right?

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Well in that case I'd say it's probably a good thing. :) She's probably still considering, which in my book is always better than an outright no. Good luck.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Just some historical query stats on Ms. Fox :)

I queried her on October 19, 2009 and she responded on January 10, 2010, apologizing for taking so long! She was very apologetic, and said she was going through her 2009 e-mails and didn't realize she hadn't responded, etc. (it was a rejection).

Also, she said if I didn't find representation for the current MS to please consider her for future projects. She's very professional and super nice. I replied, thanking her and she responded yet again encouraging me to query her with future projects and promising not to take so long.

I'd query her again in a heartbeat.

VickCorren

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Ms. Fox on two earlier occasions. Both times she rejected, but asked to see future works. Just queried the third time. Three is the charm? She asked for the full. We met at the Backspace conference in New York last year. Very nice in person. Very nice in her emails.

JustLaurie

Too young to care
Registered
Reaction score
Kaitie, thanks for sharing your stats. I queried her last year with a different project, and after not hearing back from her for several months, I followed up. She sent me a kind rejection several days later, apologizing for the delay and explaining that I'd been in her maybe pile for all that time. So languishing in the maybe pile is probably just the same as getting a rejection, but I guess you never know. No reason to give up hope yet, right?

The maybe pile is not a no! If you look upthread, you'll see she waited five months to request my ms (specifically because it was a college YA) but finally went for it and requested the full. She read it quickly and got back to me and I got to talk to her on the phone for quite some time. She is great, professional, and knows tons about the business! I am working on my second novel and hoping it will work out this time.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
The maybe pile is not a no! If you look upthread, you'll see she waited five months to request my ms (specifically because it was a college YA) but finally went for it and requested the full. She read it quickly and got back to me and I got to talk to her on the phone for quite some time. She is great, professional, and knows tons about the business! I am working on my second novel and hoping it will work out this time.

Thanks for sharing, JustLaurie. That's good to know.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I also have work in Diana's maybe pile, pending a slight rewrite over the next few weeks. Unlike a lot of agents who don't have a 'maybe' category and just got right to the rejection letter (or no response), Diana at least gives stuff a second
read. Her first priority is to her current clients, and slush logically has to follow.

I'd be thrilled to eventually sign with her, but I'll be equally grateful for any feedback she has time to give. We'll see what happens.

Filigree

Sabur

Wasting away again in queryville
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sarafurlongburr.blogspot.com
I just queried Ms. Fox on 1/3 and have been reading the comments on QT from those she's rejected who queried her on the same day or after I did. I'm really hoping this is a good sign as I just received my first rejection on my full today.

CherylAngst

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cherylangst.wordpress.com
She's had my full since mid-September. She requested the full 8 days after I queried her - apologizing for taking so long to get to me. ;-)

I sent her an email on Monday, informing her of the offer of rep.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Sent a 6-month SQ for my full to Diana yesterday.

mbowman

Registered
Reaction score
I found her after searching the agent list, and she seems like a great agent for my preferred genres! I even completely revamped my query letter to make sure it was perfect before sending it to her, and sent it out yesterday!

After reading this thread, I know I should wait a while to expect a response, but I can't wait and keep checking my email every few hours! Though from what I hear about her, even a rejection is worth the wait. I do love an agent that sends personalized rejections instead of form letters.

*crosses fingers ayway*

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Ah ha, that might be why my SQ hasn't been answered (usually she's very good about it)

miamyselfandi

here and there again
Registered
Reaction score
She's had my full since mid-September. She requested the full 8 days after I queried her - apologizing for taking so long to get to me. ;-)

I sent her an email on Monday, informing her of the offer of rep.

Congratulations on your offer. Did Diana get back to you?

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
queried early Jan. Received a full request yesterday. Seemed very nice.