Rich Text Format and OpenOffice

Witch_turtle

hanging around for a spell
Registered
Reaction score
So I've been using the forum search and I know there have been various threads about .rtf files, but none have been specific enough to give me a solution to my problem (if it is, indeed, a problem. I'm not sure.) I've googled it, too, but can't find anything useful. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

I use OpenOffice for word processing. The problem comes in when I save a file as an .rtf, as it doesn't hold the proper formatting---namely, the double spacing. When I open the file again there are usually one or two paragaphs left double spaced, while the rest of the document has been reverted to single spacing.

I've seen a few submission guidelines stating that improper formatting of the page (double spacing, headers, page numbers, etc) is grounds for your submission getting deleted. If I'm going to get rejected, I'd rather it be on the basis of my writing than some tech issue. So is there a way to fix this, or does it even need to be fixed?

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if this helps any, but if you'd like to put your work in something like Wordpad to double-space it, that's how I do it. Select everything to be double-spaced and use CTRL+2. CTRL+1 will put it back to single-spaced. I save my stuff in Wordpad when I can, because it's so basic.

Witch_turtle

hanging around for a spell
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys! You've been very helpful and it's much appreciated :)