Game: How well do you know your characters? (MTS edition)

Lorcroftlegacy

Registered
Reaction score
Question: has your character ever killed someone? What made them do it, and would they do it again?
Jack has killed more than his share of people. Though he's lost count, he estimates his body count to have risen above 50 people. Jack lives his life by the mantra "if it's them or us, it's going to be them."
Does your character have children (or want to have children?)
Jack is the single father of a fifteen year old girl named Kate. He is constantly forced to solve her problems at great cost (at times that can be taken more literally) to himself. Most notably, he is forced to rescue her after she is kidnapped by her former drug dealer.
QUESTION: Where does your character feel the safest?
Jack probably feels safest locked in his bomb shelter.
What's your character's favorite soft drink? (We haven't done this one yet, have we?)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I forgot to add a question! What's one thing your character has never done, but would like to try?

Probably not the sort of thing you were thinking of, but: Greg has always wanted to be a father. When he was married, they decided against children, since their relationship was long-distance and neither wanted to be a part-time parent. Now that he's divorced, though, it's starting to occur to him that the option might have opened up again.

What is your character's primary news source, and does s/he trust it?

Lorcroftlegacy

Registered
Reaction score
What is your character's primary news source, and does s/he trust it?
Probably the TV news but he really doesn't pay all that much attention to the news, though he used to read the paper everyday. Jack would tell you not to read to much into what the news says, as he's been reported dead more than once from a variety of different sources. Some CIA related, others hoaxes created by fans via social media.
What would be in your character's high school yearbook? (I.e. voted most likely to...)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
What would be in your character's high school yearbook? (I.e. voted most likely to...)

Greg would have been Most Likely To Succeed, and Least Likely To Have Any Fun Doing It. He had a reputation for being way too serious, although a few close friends knew better.

Does your character have any dietary restrictions, either physical (allergies) or philosophical?

JB Hare

Registered
Reaction score
Greg would have been Most Likely To Succeed, and Least Likely To Have Any Fun Doing It. He had a reputation for being way too serious, although a few close friends knew better.

Does your character have any dietary restrictions, either physical (allergies) or philosophical?

I had so much fun reading this I'll resuscitate the thread. Matthew Long doesn't have dietary restrictions. Though he isn't averse to fast food he does avoid McDonald's whenever possible.

Did your character grow up in a city or in a rural setting?

Lorcroftlegacy

Registered
Reaction score
I had so much fun reading this I'll resuscitate the thread. Matthew Long doesn't have dietary restrictions. Though he isn't averse to fast food he does avoid McDonald's whenever possible.

Did your character grow up in a city or in a rural setting?
Oh, how I've missed this thread.
Jack grew up in the city mostly. He was born in Detroit and lived their until he was ten when his mother moved him to Chicago for her job. Jack did always yearn for the rural life and now lives with his daughter on an acreage just outside of Chicago.
Does your character have a motto?

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Oh, I missed this thread. Thank you JB and Lorcroft for resurrecting it!

Lydia doesn't have an official motto, but "I'm probably going to regret this" would be a good starting place... :D

Does your character dance? Are they any good? And what would they dance to?

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Lydia doesn't have an official motto, but "I'm probably going to regret this" would be a good starting place... :D

Heh. :)

Does your character dance? Are they any good? And what would they dance to?

Greg took ballroom when he was a kid. His mother insisted that both he and his sister should know how to dance. He kept it up for a while after she died, and found when he was older it paid some dividends on the dating scene. He prefers dancing to slow stuff, but he can do a marvelously dramatic tango.

If your character had to plan a surprise party for his/her best friend, how would s/he do it?

Lorcroftlegacy

Registered
Reaction score
If your character had to plan a surprise party for his/her best friend, how would s/he do it?
Jack doesn't usually go for parties, however if he had to Jack probably wouldn't do too much planning at all. He'd just call Nick and tell him to meet him at the office. And considering most of Nick's friends alreadly work there, there wouldn't be too much leg work required.
When your character was young what did he/she dream of doing for a living and is that what he/she ended up doing? (From the age of 12 and on Jack trained to be an MMA fighter, and he did fight professionally for seven years.)

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
When your character was young what did he/she dream of doing for a living and is that what he/she ended up doing?
Elena wanted to be like her father when she grew up. He worked in local government, grassroots organizing. She ended up working for the people who killed him.

If your character has spare time, what does she/he do?

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Lydia used to love taking her nephew out on trips - he always liked the zoo best. Her circumstances have changed, now, but those are still her fondest memories.

Your character finds themselves in a cabaret bar. The host walks out into the crowd with a microphone, making people sing lines from the song the band are playing.

The host reaches your character, thrusts out the mic. What do they do?

Lorcroftlegacy

Registered
Reaction score
Your character finds themselves in a cabaret bar. The host walks out into the crowd with a microphone, making people sing lines from the song the band are playing.

The host reaches your character, thrusts out the mic. What do they do?
Considering Jack would most likely be there working undercover, he'd probably have to attempt to sing, but ultimately butcher whatever poor song the band is playing.
What is your character's most cherished memory?

MissJones89

Writing is inevitable
Registered
Reaction score
Considering Jack would most likely be there working undercover, he'd probably have to attempt to sing, but ultimately butcher whatever poor song the band is playing.

Seems like Jack's not a very good singer, but at least he'd give it a shot.

What is your character's most cherished memory?
Any of Katie's memories with her parents really. She lost them in a car accident and she is certain her life would be much better if they were still alive.

What is your character's worst trait?

djunamod

Registered
Reaction score
Seems like Jack's not a very good singer, but at least he'd give it a shot.

Any of Katie's memories with her parents really. She lost them in a car accident and she is certain her life would be much better if they were still alive.

What is your character's worst trait?

I went through this thread so I hope I don't ask a question that's already been asked!

MissJones: Great question! I have 2 characters (Adele and Jackson, brother and sister). Adele's worst trait is that she sometimes over-estimates her abilities rather than ask for help. It's not easy for her to ask for help. Jackson's worst trait is that he's a little old-fashioned when it comes to women and would love nothing more than to see his independent sister married to a successful man and having kids (I should point out that my book is a historical mystery that is set in 1902)

If your character were to move somewhere with the purpose of starting a new life, where would he/she move to and why?

Djuna

Lorcroftlegacy

Registered
Reaction score
If your character were to move somewhere with the purpose of starting a new life, where would he/she move to and why?
Djuna
If Jack ever decides to hang it up for good, presuming he isn't forced to flee the country or anything, he would return to his hometown of Detroit and most likely take a job teaching history.
Using the last question as a bit of a leapfrog, how would your character spend retirement?