The Bouncy Castle in Space

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Anybody doing anything exciting over the long weekend? I'm going to the Hollywood Bowl (!) to see Earth Wind And Fire (!!) with fireworks (!!!). Then three days of camping. I've been to the library and I am stocked up with stuff to read. Kids books are like candy! I've got Out Of My Mind, Eleven, and Highway Cats, plus some YA, fantasy shorts, graphic novels and a Shakespeare play. I'm bringing my notebooks too of course; at this rate I won't have to talk to anyone for the whole weekend :D

Wow, sounds great. I'm trying to block two days off for writing (the third day working around the house). Course that's not nearly as nice as camping!
Have a great time!

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to sleep in until at least 7:30. (normally I have kinder families waiting at my door by 7:15...) Then I'm going to write. No, really, I mean it...

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have way too much work to do this weekend. I'll be going to the office every day. :(

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Slurping on a peanut butter milkshake.

Knew you guys could appreciate that. :D

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
I have way too much work to do this weekend. I'll be going to the office every day. :(

Oh, Smish, that's awful. I hope you managed to sneak in some free time for yourself.

I went to the beach with my boys. I thought I'd spend the day refereeing, but they played together nicely. They spent hours on the foggy shore building villages in the sand. I bundled up and tried to finish Mockingjay. And I saw an otter. That was cool. The little guy just popped his head out of the water and watched us.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Smish, that's awful. I hope you managed to sneak in some free time for yourself.

I went to the beach with my boys. I thought I'd spend the day refereeing, but they played together nicely. They spent hours on the foggy shore building villages in the sand. I bundled up and tried to finish Mockingjay. And I saw an otter. That was cool. The little guy just popped his head out of the water and watched us.

That sounds like an awesome day, Sheila! :D

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
*Bouncing in again* Just letting you know I've posted my Sept. prompt and I'm ready for the pickin!! :) Didn't go with the creepy---too many other thoughts. Just took one and ran with it. All of your crits are absorbed. Maybe creepy next month! ;)

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have freaking mono. That's why I've been feeling like total crap lately and spending all my free time asleep. The doctor finally drew my blood and had it tested, since the antibiotics I was on just weren't helping. So, now I know what the issue is (and there's an excuse for sleeping more than people three times my age!), but there's nothing I can do about it. It has to 'run its course'.

Grrrrrrrr.

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
I have freaking mono. That's why I've been feeling like total crap lately and spending all my free time asleep. The doctor finally drew my blood and had it tested, since the antibiotics I was on just weren't helping. So, now I know what the issue is (and there's an excuse for sleeping more than people three times my age!), but there's nothing I can do about it. It has to 'run its course'.

Grrrrrrrr.

Oh my Smish!! You know that is contagious. Be careful of sharing drinks, food and well uh, ya know, smoochin!! ;) I'm really big on Vitamin C 500ml at least 6 a day (chewable--just like sweet tarts). Hope you start feeling better soon, but that's a long lasting ailment. :flag: Visit Jed's pub sometime if ya need a place that's cozy--poor Sara is not well either. Good Luck!

EagerReader

commaholic and adverb junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody doing anything exciting over the long weekend? I'm going to the Hollywood Bowl (!) to see Earth Wind And Fire (!!) with fireworks (!!!). Then three days of camping. I've been to the library and I am stocked up with stuff to read. Kids books are like candy! I've got Out Of My Mind, Eleven, and Highway Cats, plus some YA, fantasy shorts, graphic novels and a Shakespeare play. I'm bringing my notebooks too of course; at this rate I won't have to talk to anyone for the whole weekend :D

I'm jealous, that sounds like so much fun! I did laundry this weekend, Yay me!

Grrrrrrrr.

Awwww crap! I'm sorry! That can take forevah to get rid of. Make sure you try to take it easy, I had a friend relapse...twice! Get better soon!

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score

Grrrrrrrr.

Noooooooooo!

So, go to your boss and tell him you're highly contagious and he'll send you home for a month to sleep it off? That'll work, right?

jilly61

aye aye in search of an agent
Registered
Reaction score

Grrrrrrrr.

Take things easy, smish, and get well soon.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the supportive messages, everyone. :) To be honest, I'm glad it's mono. I was convinced I had something serious... like parasitic worms in my brain. (I've watched too many episodes of Monsters Inside Me :D).

Noooooooooo!

So, go to your boss and tell him you're highly contagious and he'll send you home for a month to sleep it off? That'll work, right?

:roll:

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Thanks for all the supportive messages, everyone. :) To be honest, I'm glad it's mono. I was convinced I had something serious... like parasitic worms in my brain. (I've watched too many episodes of Monsters Inside Me :D).

Isn't that something teens get? Since you write for kids and teens I guess it's appropriate.

I had it as a kid, took a while to fully recover. But once I got the main symptoms resolved, the sleepiness started to wear off slowly.

Then I relapsed a few months later because I over did it. -But I'm sure you won't have that problem ;)

Hope you feel better soon!

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Hope you feel better soon, Smish! My daughter had it last year. No fun. Get lots of rest and take care of yourself.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
oh, smish, that sucks. But at least now you know for sure that you're sick and not just miserable...if you know what I mean!

now go to bed.

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
It it just me or is the kidlit forum here slowing down? Seems to me to be less posts the last month or so?

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It it just me or is the kidlit forum here slowing down? Seems to me to be less posts the last month or so?

Summer vacation is over, mware. :rolleyes:

Many of our kidlit members are a) teachers, and/or b) parents. I suspect that has quite a bit to do with it. :)

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
yep, that's it, all right.

Sigh... I think I've managed about 500 words a week since school started. At this rate, I'll finish my book sometime next summer...

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Lesson plans. Progress monitoring. IEPs.
It wreaks havoc with writing time, not to mention surfing the forums.

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Don't you teachers just assign reading to the kids so you can sit and surf the net? -J/K

I didn't think of that. I'm not at the point where my kids are old enough for public school. Though I'm starting to get an idea of who much time that might take up.

I sometimes have weeks where I get zero writing done, so I can sympathize.

Ruth, I've gotten into the habit of surfing forums and blogs before I start writing too.

abctriplets

Registered
Reaction score
Website
abctriplets.blogspot.com
Summer vacation is over, mware. :rolleyes:

Many of our kidlit members are a) teachers, and/or b) parents. I suspect that has quite a bit to do with it. :)

I'm the latter (used to be the former), but now that school is in session, I've got the kids in part-time preschool 3 days a week. It's great to drop them off at school and hit the bookstore to write for an hour :)