Escapism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I've been editing and such on my WIP and I realized I would rather be there than here.

True, they are being attacked by brain eating aliens and they've got political problems that make what is going on here [real meatspace] look like a skip through the park....

but I'd rather be there.

I've tried standing on the MS and pushing it through a mirror....

but I'm still here.

Anyone else just want to run away to the 'world' you've designed...and STAY?!?!?!?

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, they've only just begun colonizing the planet, so there aren't any flushing toilets yet, and they could run out of coffee before they manage to grow beans in this soil . . . but they're making cool discoveries, and will soon have the power to move between dimensions - plus that one guy is really hot - -

Sure, I wouldn't mind it one bit. :)

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
If I didn't want to be in the worlds I've created, I don't think I would have created them.

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
I'll stick to reality thank you very much. A guy can get used to receiving a 6-digit salary for modding. Plus, nobody peels grapes and hand-feeds 'em like the scantily-clad slave girls on my island.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Can I borrow some of those drugs? You've got some GOOD ones. :D

I love my spec fic world. If you stay under the bad guys' radar it's fun to wander in, build a house, go fishing...

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Two of my worlds, absolutely. One of them, not so much.

Oddly, the two worlds I'd like to live in have ordinary people with cool, paranormal powers. The world I wouldn't want to live in is infested with vamps, goblins, trolls, Fey, and other such oddities.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
My alternate Edinburgh - no, because plumbing consists of throwing a bucket out the window after ten o' clock, the houses are five to eleven storeys high and there are no elevators, and the place is crawling with evil warlocks.

My other fantasy world I made up, I think I would want to live there but in one of the richer city states probably. I'd have the advantage of being an expert in every political and legal system there, seeing as how I made it up, so I could make a fortune too...

Status
Not open for further replies.