• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Entangled Publishing

notyourchambermaid

Not a fish
Registered
Reaction score

Erin Molta from Entangled requested a full of my manuscript. At the four week mark, I got an offer for the same manuscript from another publisher. That same night, I emailed Erin to let her know. I stated that Entangled was my first choice, and I would need to know what they thought by April 19th, when I’m supposed to decide what I’m going to do. I haven’t gotten an answer, or even an acknowledgement that she got my email. What should I do? They really are my first choice…

When you emailed Erin did you put 'offer of representation' or something similar in the subject line? If it was same subject line as original MS, might have been missed/not recognised as urgent.

AmyMarie

Registered
Reaction score
I did start a new thread with “Notification of Offer from Publisher” in it. I used the personal address that she used to request my full with. I sent my full to that address as well. I didn’t get an acknowledgement of that. On the Entangled website they list her email address as something different, which is what I sent the query to. Should I try that email address instead? Or just give it a few more days?

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I'm a little over a month on chapters, for another submission. First one was rejected. I'd kind of like a full request from them at this point. We'll see. I'm just grateful they answer, even if it is a rejection. Non-answers on partials and fulls are becoming habitual with small press, lately.

tri

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I think I'll include this publisher when I turn The Toast Bitches loose again. They say they take backlist titles on a case by case basis. I hope my novel falls under that umbrella.

IrishLass

Registered
Reaction score
I went to RT in Chicago yesterday and got to meet Liz! I intruduced myself and mentioned my MS and she said I'm still on her list. *fingers still crossed*

The Entangled event was amazing. It involed a very dangerous game of spoons (which I have a few bruises from) and a lot of giveaways - of which I won none :cry:. I did get a copy of Touch autographed at the book fair though. All of the authors and editors were so nice.

AmyMarie, I'm not sure if Erin was there but if she was that might explain why she hasn't responded to you yet. The confrence just ended today so she might get caught up on emails tomorrow. Best of Luck!

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
So... I'm wondering about the word count. One page says 60-120K, and another says adult books have to be at least 70K.

My Toast Bitches (previously published) sit at about 51K right now. I think it's too short for their Contemporary, but too long for other lines. I can't use it in their Dead Sexy line because it has 4 protagonists. It's too long for a novella and I shouldn't cut it because reviewers said it would have benefited from being longer.

I know I rushed the ending (tight deadline) so I guess I'll just have to flesh it out and see if they'll give The Bitches a chance. I just hope they allow previously e-published books. But.... 60K or 70K?

girlyswot

Registered
Reaction score
Website
myromancereviews.wordpress.com
So... I'm wondering about the word count. One page says 60-120K, and another says adult books have to be at least 70K.

My Toast Bitches (previously published) sit at about 51K right now. I think it's too short for their Contemporary, but too long for other lines. I can't use it in their Dead Sexy line because it has 4 protagonists. It's too long for a novella and I shouldn't cut it because reviewers said it would have benefited from being longer.

I know I rushed the ending (tight deadline) so I guess I'll just have to flesh it out and see if they'll give The Bitches a chance. I just hope they allow previously e-published books. But.... 60K or 70K?

Rachel Lyndhurst's book which came out in Entangled's category line in March had been previously published. The previous publisher went out of business, rights reverted and Entangled took it on. So there is precedent, if they like your book.

As to length, hmm. I originally subbed my category as a novella. They acquired it on condition that I add another 10,000 words. So again, if they like it enough, they'll work with you on wordcount. But I think that 70,000 is what you're aiming for. The 60,000 count is for YA books.

IrishLass

Registered
Reaction score
Stacy rejected my Flirt after having it for about 5 weeks. I'm not going to let it crush me since a few other publishers also has it right now. Still holding out hope on the YA that Liz has had since November...

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. I had no idea that Entangled started only last year. Their books are very good quality, seem to get a ton of promotion, and I've seen one of their books on the NYT and USA Today bestseller's lists.

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Wow. I had no idea that Entangled started only last year. Their books are very good quality, seem to get a ton of promotion, and I've seen one of their books on the NYT and USA Today bestseller's lists.

Do you have links to those? I'm just curious.

Last edited by a moderator: