Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
I'll skip Monday for Tuesday.

Or really, Monday for Saturday.

Maybe we should do Saturday, Sunday, Saturday, Friday, Saturday as the official week.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
It's a holiday here today, so I'm fine with Monday this week. I'm just wondering what the hell I'm doing awake this early on a holiday Monday???

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry- no do-overs. I have the rule book right here and it says so!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MONDAY.jpg

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
It's a holiday here today, so I'm fine with Monday this week. I'm just wondering what the hell I'm doing awake this early on a holiday Monday???

Please tell me your holiday has something to do with booze and you are up for an early start.

... What holiday is it? Can I borrow it?

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Is it Monday? I am on holiday and one day is just slipping into another.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
think about my pitiable condition. i have been on vacation for eight weeks! eight mondayless weeks! i get up early so i can do yard work and write--then i take a little nappy about ten. when i get up from that i have my hobbit style elevensies. then there's the grueling 4 block walk to the post office, lunch, another walk and my afternoon nap under the a/c.

but school starts in two weeks and i will have to go cold turkey on naps and snacks. my stomach will rumble through my morning lectures and then i'll fall asleep and drool on my grade book over my plan period. instead of my students i will be thinking about my wip. once i even entered one of my characters in the class roster! i should start weaning myself off the naps and snacks but i won't. --s6

Last edited:

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
I hate you.

Just kidding. I start school in a few weeks, too. I don't know what I was thinking. I had a very cushy job (freelance writing) and I get the crazy idea that now that I've got spare time during my day, I'll fill it with school.

'Cuz I'm an idiot.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
you are! break yourself of that school habit! it will make your life miserable. i am speaking from experience! i finished my last college course this spring. i'll never take another. of course i'm sixty years old and set to retire soon--s6

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
you are! break yourself of that school habit! it will make your life miserable. i am speaking from experience! i finished my last college course this spring. i'll never take another. of course i'm sixty years old and set to retire soon--s6

Was the course 'How To Avoid Mondays'?

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Please tell me your holiday has something to do with booze and you are up for an early start.

... What holiday is it? Can I borrow it?

It's called the "Civic Holiday." It's a generic holiday that was inserted into the calendar randomly because civic workers thought the summer was too long, and needed another holiday. It's actually not a stat holiday, meaning ordinary Joe and Jane who work for private enterprise get to watch the municipal workers take a day off, while they don't even get extra pay for working.

once i even entered one of my characters in the class roster! --s6

:roll: