D-Day Speech Rant

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
It's the tick-tock head motion...I have difficulty with someone who never looks you in the eye. He does it okay on his weekly tv show, why can't he use it for the other 12 times he is on tv per week?
C'mon, he's on more than 12 times a week. He's killing the ratings.

If it wasn't airing at the Nascar race, I didn't see it.
See? Life can be that happy. Being oblivious has its merits.
They ran the speech as a ticker underneath as the cars were zooming around.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but it may have been the fact he was tying in the Civil War to D-Day, based on that last quote...

Other than that, I got nothin'. :|

He wasn't tying the wars together, he was tying together the bravery of our soldiers.

At least, that's how I read it...

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
They ran the speech as a ticker underneath as the cars were zooming around.

If that doesn't illustrate the skewed priorities of our nation, I'm not sure what else could.

And, it isn't a new thing. In the late '70's I was in Okinawa. FEN ( Far East Network -- military broadcast TV) At that time most programming was put on tape and flown in. Network television could run a month or more behind. Superbowls and major news events were flown in as soon as the tape was completed.l President Carter made a televised speech.

(Oddly, I think it might have been about bailing out Chrysler.)

Anyway, the tape came in, they rushed it to the studio and got it on in prime time, interrupting the show that was on. Within minutes it was interrupted and held so that the regularly scheduled episode of Dallas could finish.

:)

Last edited: