Ciao

Marie Clara

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everybody
I am new here. I like writing and my dream is one day to publish one of my stories. I have been writing since I was little. Now I am working on a story which started as a painting, but one painting turned into eight paintings and several written pages!!! Do not ask my why I started painting the first painting to begin with, that is a long story! I also like painting, in fact in my spare time I paint and I have made several artworks over the years. Horses and ballerinas are often the prime subjects of my works, but my cat is always a source of inspiration which I cannot escape :) I often get new ideas from doing sport (I am a very active person) and when I am outdoor, and if one day I manage to share my ideas though publishing something, I would feel very accomplished indeed. I am dyslexic and since a young age I have had many barriers to overcome, and no matter what others said, I kept trying and I am glad I have...I would not be on this forum otherwise. Life is indeed a beautiful journey, eh?

One of the things I absolutely love is reading, and I am always eager to explore new authors and styles of writing. Among my favourite authors stands Daphne du Marier, but recently I have discovered 'children's books' like then ones by Michael Morpurgo.

So look forward to learn from you, share ideas, views and experiences.

Cheerios

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I had a dream last night where I was painting, and I was doing a pretty bad job. I haven't painted anything since I was 14, I think. I can string words together, but I'm terrible with a paintbrush.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Marie!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about the forum software can be found in the
FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!

See if Katiemac has the answer here.
and check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips!

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Posting your writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area is explained here. This link covers the most common problems posts. found in SYW *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Fun AW social links:
The Office Party
Kelly's Soft Asylum

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

AngelWriter42

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreambigwords.blogspot.com
Welcome! I think it's wonderful you are combining your painting and writing, it sounds like your writing flows along as your paintbrush does! I am new here as well and working on my first fiction book. I also love to read books for "children." May your writing go well today! Also, congratulations on how far you have come and how far you will go.

MsPuck

...But you can call me Kristen.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards, Marie! :D

poeticcaresses

Normality is overrated :)
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! dyslexia is a tough obstacle, but like most obstacles there is usually a way over it! It sounds like you've conquered the beast. :) Happy writing!

Luca Rossi

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Hi Everybody
I am new here. I like writing and my dream is one day to publish one of my stories. I have been writing since I was little. Now I am working on a story which started as a painting, but one painting turned into eight paintings and several written pages!!! Do not ask my why I started painting the first painting to begin with, that is a long story! I also like painting, in fact in my spare time I paint and I have made several artworks over the years. Horses and ballerinas are often the prime subjects of my works, but my cat is always a source of inspiration which I cannot escape :) I often get new ideas from doing sport (I am a very active person) and when I am outdoor, and if one day I manage to share my ideas though publishing something, I would feel very accomplished indeed. I am dyslexic and since a young age I have had many barriers to overcome, and no matter what others said, I kept trying and I am glad I have...I would not be on this forum otherwise. Life is indeed a beautiful journey, eh?

One of the things I absolutely love is reading, and I am always eager to explore new authors and styles of writing. Among my favourite authors stands Daphne du Marier, but recently I have discovered 'children's books' like then ones by Michael Morpurgo.

Cheerios

Ciao Marie Clara. I hope your dreams will become true!

jackdomino

28 tiles, such a wonderful game...
Registered
Reaction score
Currently the Garden State but trying to book a fl
Hi Everybody

Cheerios

That is really cool.
Your artwork inspired your writing.
One fuels the other, an incredible combination.

Welcome!