Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I need to get like another 4-5k done before bed. Which I know is kinda crazy, but... If somehow I can get between 500-1k/hour, I can do it by four. ...Which is late, but not *too* late.

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
See, I'm a little weird. I reward myself every 250 words by allowing myself to check in on here and on facebook. Then I go back to writing for another 250. ...When nobody's around, it makes checking in less appealing.

dancing-drama

Priestly Up!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, then I'll try my best to be the most entertaining one-man-show ever!

Uhm. Let me shoot you a bunch of questions:
If this was a summercamp, what was the one book you would bring under any circumstances?

Marshmallow? Yes or no? Lightly toasted or burned to a crisp?

Sit at the fire with the group or go to bed early?

What singer/musician/band is a must have for the camp?

If you could have any YA author visit the camp and tell stories, who would it be and what story would you ask them to tell?

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Heya dd (is that okay if I call you that?)!

I totally want to answer the questions!

The story I would bring is Limelight - a novel taking place in the summer that I have to rewrite.

Marshmallows are a total yes and I like them just the right shade of golden brown :D

Since I generally prefer solitude, I'll probably head to bed early or stay in bed reading

Singer/musician - totally Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga :D

A YA author I'd want to visit has to be Jandy Nelson, and I'd love for her to tell the story of The Sky is Everywhere. I must learn from her how to write amazing prose such as featured in Sky :D

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
Oh geeze... I'm not even sure what book I'd pick. Part of me wants to say one of the "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" books, but an Agatha Christie or The Scarlet Pimpernel is pretty high up there, too.

Marshmallows are a must. With or without chocolate and graham crackers. I like them just on the dark side of golden brown. I can deal with burnt, too, though. They make me think of my mom (we used to always tease her about "burnt offerings"). Starbursts to roast are also pretty awesome. :D

Definitely sit with the group. ...Or at least at the fire. I don't always sit with the group when I'm at the fire. Sometimes I move so I'm with them, but separate.

Singer, huh? .... I think I'd probably say Rascal Flatts or Beatles. ...Or, if I'm in a whacky mood, the tape (or cd) "Late Last Night" (it's one I listened to as a kid, it has that song, Wiggle in my toe, What do they do with the children, and many, many more).

Well, I kinda like scary stories, especially when camping, so maybe RL Stine? ...I'm honestly not sure, though.

dancing-drama

Priestly Up!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there^^ Sure! You can call me that :)

Okay, great answers everyone! Are you ready for the next round? Here we go:

Favorite summer drink?

Beach or lake? Boat or stay at the Shore?

Worship the sun, spray tan or SPF 50?

Favorite game to play in the afternoon?

Truth or Dare? Do yourself or ask someone else to?

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
As of right now, probably raspberry lemonade. There's this pomegranate and cranberry drink I really want to try, though. It's just juices from those two, a simple syrup (water and sugar, basically), and a little lime.

I love the beach, but it's kind of far to go. I think the last time I did was like four years ago. Lakes are awesome, too. Especially when...well...actually... I probably shouldn't tell that story. I've just had some pretty awesome lake experiences. :D I'm good with staying on shore with a good book or my notebook. But I can go for going out in the boat, too.

Try SPF 80

My favorite game is "Let's take a nap." I'm up until all hours of the night, so I like my naps. ...Although, if I get the chance, I *LOVE* a good water fight. :D

I don't remember the last time I played ToD. ...It was a *long* time ago.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, it's in July! Well, if I finish Suns and Stars by then, I'll do Camp Wrimo. :D

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I need to figure out a present that Anne (LI) gives Joe (MC)! I want it to be something special to their relationship, but I got nothing. So I guess I'm stalled again :(

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to log out, because I'm going to be doing some serious writing once I get set up for the day. Hopefully I should be back on this evening. :)

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
Okay. Hit my goal for the day/night/whatever. I'm going to update my siggy and then head to bed, I think (I just tried to spell head wrong, and then tried to spell spell speal.... Sleep is calling).

...65k!! :snoopy:

Parataxis

Obsessive Plotting Disorder
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning all.

Status
Not open for further replies.