Gun Researchers Beware: Resource is a Hack Site

L.C. Blackwell

Keeper of Fort Blanket
Registered
Reaction score
I've just had a nasty experience with guns.world.ru, and thought I'd better pass the word along. As far as I can tell, this is the site that launched a major Trojan horse attack against my computer.

It's too bad, because they have some very nifty diagrams of a rare 1901 revolver. However, it ain't worth it.

Researchers beware. :troll

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Beware of any site ending with the .ru, I almost caught a virus from a site ending in those letters. I don't remember what I was researching, something about Romania I guess, but I remember the .ru at the end.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ru is the country code for Russia.

Hittman

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.davehitt.com
I second the motion of avoiding any site with a TLD of .ru. That domain is a huge source of spam as well. Blocking .ru domains cut spam on my forums and blogs by about 80%.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
It's too bad, because they have some very nifty diagrams of a rare 1901 revolver. However, it ain't worth it.

Go to Google Patents. So much easier to search and you can download it as a PDF. Here is a 1901 revolver for example. Maybe not the same rare one you were looking at, but you might find it there. Safer too. ;)