The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Volume 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Cricket - Having met many assholes in my life, I can categorically say you are not one. *nodnod*

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Cricket, you are absolutely NOT! Stop it. And *hugs*

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
LOL, Tas!

I thought my agent was dumping me. She is not.

:D

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Cricket, you have a bad prior agent experience. Colors everything. This is good news!

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Xiao - Mine broke up over the phone, but that was after 6 months of dodging all my calls & emails. *shrug*

Cake

Registered
Reaction score
Wooo cricket, so glad you were wrong :D

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Cricket, you have a bad prior agent experience. Colors everything. This is good news!

This, a thousand times. Abused Child Syndrome.

Tas, seriously?? :Wha:

mikeland

Call me Pookie
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Cricket!

Yay, Snappy!

On to the weekend!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That you feared she might dump you doesn't make you an asshole, silly. Calling her house and asking, in your sexiest, vampiest voice, to speak to her husband, now that would make you an asshole.

Maryn, waiting for that call

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
So it's getting to the 8 week mark on a lot of my fulls...My hope is fading. Most of the time I see successful query stories, the offer comes very shortly after the full request. :(

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
That you feared she might dump you doesn't make you an asshole, silly. Calling her house and asking, in your sexiest, vampiest voice, to speak to her husband, now that would make you an asshole.

LOL.

And yay, Cricket!!!

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Cricket - Having met many assholes in my life, I can categorically say you are not one. *nodnod*

+1

LOL, Tas!

I thought my agent was dumping me. She is not.

:D

YAY!

I LOVE THIS. :D

*waves*

I will add to the good news offered by cricket (and snappy! YAY!) by saying that I've signed my second publishing contract, this one for a novella anthology due out in December. Same publisher, same series, with two other authors from my pub house who are wickedly funny and very talented. I am so excited! And I already had champagne, which is doubly good because it's snowing. And we have a fire. In about 4 seconds, I'm going to park myself on the sofa in front of it in my fuzzy pj's and drink half this bottle.

*smooches* to all!

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I repped as I went.

Cricket, glad it wasn't a break up!
Kia, enjoy your weekend! And give those asshats the death stare.
Xiao, the painting is lovely!!
Lily, I picked up a Dell laptop with a nice big screen and the power to do videos, writing, etc for fairly cheaply. It's still a couple of hundred dollars, but it's good value, I think. I'd go crazy trying to write on a tablet, but my girlfriend has a Kindle Fire and it is perfect for movie-watching.

Bad news for us at Mayqueen Place (what I will now call my house because the real name we gave it is super silly). Terrible, un-fun personal stuff. I think it will all work out in the end, but right now things really, really suck.

But it snowed today. Everything is snowy and lovely, and everyone on the road is acting like snow never existed in Chicago before. I lost my shit on someone who was swerving in and out of traffic flow and not using a turn-signal. It was therapeutic, after the day I've had.

Last edited:

FruitTree

Registered
Reaction score
Yay for Cricket! Yay for Snappy! Yay for lwalker! Yay for Xiao's gorgeous painting.

Hugs for Lily on the laptop and Mayqueen on the bad news - hope everything works out SOON.
I just got out of not one but TWO fraught faculty meetings. Politics, who need 'em?

But it's the weekend, and I am going to celebrate by going to the local Japanese spa for a soak.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Kiahanna

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Aww...that means I'm an asshole...

My voice is naturally low and soft, especially when I have a cold. I've had people call it a 'bedroom voice', and several people on the phones at work have said I should do an 0900 number (no I did not take this as a compliment)...

Combine that with my American accent in the UK, when I have a male customer to call and their wives answer I nearly always get the very angry response of 'Why?! Who are you?! Why are you calling my husband?!'

Am sad now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.