How'd You Find This Site?

shescribes

Registered
Reaction score
Someone at WAHM .com referenced this forum, and that's how I found it.

Stargazer

Spiralling into the abyss
Registered
Reaction score
Twas the second link I clicked on after asking Google for a 'Script Writer Forum'.

The first link looked like forum code from back in the pre-war era. did a bit of pokery around the forums here and liked what I saw.

Fanatic Rat

Sometimes I didn't even give a damn
Registered
Reaction score
A guy on Game FAQs posted the link.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I just found this thread!

I found this site many moons ago when it was back on that other place, what the heck was that called? I forget now. I even had my own forum back there. What the heck? Brain fart.

Anyway, I did a search for fiction or writing or something and I found this place.

Then they moved and didn't tell me.

But I found them again and I've been annoying them ever since.

chroniclemaster1

Seeking Undercover Angel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.earthchronicle.com
I just found this site Googling writers forums. I found a bunch of *interesting* sites (and not in a good way) before I wound up here. I found Absolute Write very attractive for the combination of such an active posting community and civil behavior (not only in posting but in critiquing). So I've registered and hope to be around for awhile

Jeremiah

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All

Got here on recommendation of KCpotatohead, very impressed by the quality of the writing. Trouble is I am spending more time reading the forum than actually writing.

chroniclemaster1

Seeking Undercover Angel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.earthchronicle.com
Hi All

Got here on recommendation of KCpotatohead, very impressed by the quality of the writing. Trouble is I am spending more time reading the forum than actually writing.

:) I know, this site is good in that it makes you feel more comfortable and affirms your commitment to writing... as long as you get off it once in awhile.

ALLWritety

One Step closer, I hope!
Registered
Reaction score
:) I know, this site is good in that it makes you feel more comfortable and affirms your commitment to writing... as long as you get off it once in awhile.

Just wait till you get in to SYW (Share your work) Surrvive the 1st posting there and your well on your way!

& YES it is very easy to get caught up in AW and do little or no writing. SO make sure you plan writing time as well as reading time.

Kevvers

tamrey

I found this site by way of Julia T's "Mrs. Write Right, Word Therapist" blog.

Aramis

Custom User Title Not Found
Registered
Reaction score
I found it on google, while I was researching agents and trying to find people who'd had experience with the ones I wanted to query. This site is EXCELLENT for that kind of networking.
And yes, I intend to post some of my experiences with them to spread the love. :LilLove:

varmint

Registered
Reaction score
submitted a book to something called the WL literary agency. go a positive/creepy response. decided to do a search on their name. it lead me to this site's fraud section.

Roberta Isleib

brand newbie stumbled in

Hi absolute writers,

I'm a tour of the blogosphere for my new mystery PREACHING TO THE CORPSE. My tour coordinator said this site is a must-do! Anyway, i have a ton of writing links on my website and welcome you all to stop over anytime.

Nice to be here,
Roberta Isleib
http://www.robertaisleib.com

Last edited:

JenWriter

Word Count Slayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jenhayley.com
I found it by way of a google search. I decided I wanted to find a forum where I could socialize with other writers. :)

WolfgangNibori

En Route
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I first heard of these forums via Miss Snark and then, doing a Google search for an agent, I found so much excellent info here that I decided to join! :)

krepta8

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thecuteone.biz
I found the forums by checking up on Tate Publishing through the web. My girlfriend is a writer and received and offer for publishing through them. First, I found Victoria Strauss's website, Writer Beware, and then I found a thread here discussing Tate and other vanity publishers by searching through Google.

Since Mrs. Strauss is also a member here, I thought this might be a good place for my girlfriend and I to make some new contacts and get solid advice on publishing. I am not new to forums, but my girlfriend is; I figured I would come along for the ride to help her get started.

miko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tonyamoore.com
SouthernFriedJulie told me about this site quite a while back.

I did visit but admittedly, I was a bit intimidated by the sheer size if the community. Anyway, here I am again. I'm looking forward to learning all about this site and all the lovely people here.

MrsUkronic

It was a dark and stormy night...
No wait thats not right...
It was a midsummers night dream...
Nope!
A long long time ago.. in a land far away..
Sure that might work.. let me use that...

A long long time ago, in a land far away, there was a young woman, who found perhaps by a twist of unforseen fate, a friend of unexpected qualities. Jumping into a fire without fear of being burned again, she wrote with her heart. Taken aback by him in a simple post of the fine quality she had began to expect from him, the story began.

Remembering that when doors open, sometimes it is for a purpose far greater then can be seen in the moment, she took the gift given to her.

And so.. here I am... lets see if the door opened to a room with a view *smile*