• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Knight Agency (Deidre Knight)

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Diana Peterfreund said:
Thanks, Chumplet! I'll try that. Good luck with you new query!
Welcome, Diana! I've seen your name a lot on agents blogs, read your own blog and a recent artivcle by you on RTB. You're a great addition to this forum. I look forward to your contributions.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Seconded. Welcome, Diana, and thanks very much for the input. Sure hope you'll stick around and play with us. :)

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
I had a look at The Knight Agency website and they appear to have altered their guidelines so that they now consider SF/F as a separate category from genre/romance crossover. Does anyone know who would be the appropriate agent there to query about an adventure fantasy novel? There's some romance in it, but that is not the main thread.

Manxom Vroom

A proper fool
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jvalka.blogspot.com
waylander said:
I had a look at The Knight Agency website and they appear to have altered their guidelines so that they now consider SF/F as a separate category from genre/romance crossover. Does anyone know who would be the appropriate agent there to query about an adventure fantasy novel? There's some romance in it, but that is not the main thread.

I believe that would be Nephele Tempest, who maintains a separate office in Los Angeles. Right now I'm waiting to hear back from her on a full manuscript, so wish me luck!

carlywrites

querying the knight agency

I'm a client of the Knight Agency, and Nephele is my agent. You should note they take email queries only. Unless you've met one of the agents at a conference or something, don't try to email one of them directly. Use the query email from the web site, and the submissions coordinator will decide which agent would be most appropriate. Like any agency, you'll have a better shot if you follow the guidelines. Good luck!

Diana Peterfreund

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dianapeterfreund.com
Thank you, Aruna. Jenna, I'm in awe of everything you do here! (I just finished reading the thread on NYLA and I'm still in shock.)

I second Carly. Address email queries to the address they list for submissions on their website. The submissions coordinator will pass it along to the agent most suited to it. Good luck!

Also, I think they are closed for the holidays from Dec 23rd to January 2, so you might be in for a wait.

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the great tip, Carly and Diana.

MMcC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
maureenmccarrie.blogspot.com
They weild a good deal of power in the romance industry. The only complaint I have ever heard is that they also write, and some have hinted that success for writers named Knight has been unearned. My impression of that small rumble was sour grapes.

I do know two people with them who seem very happy.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
OK so I e-mailed my query (after they reopened) to the Knight Agency as per the instructions on the website and it bounced - twice. Has anyone else has this problem?

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
I e-queried them twice in Fall 2006 and was rejected twice...so their system definitely works, ha ha. Just resend as they had a problem with their system awhile back. I thought it was fixed, though.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted in September and it didn't bounce - I don't have my rejection yet, but that's just a matter of time :D

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
I queried them via their website the first week of January and received my rejection a week later so it works.

JenWriter

Word Count Slayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jenhayley.com
Has anyone queried this agency recently? Any info on response times? Their website says two weeks in one spot and up to 15 weeks in another. Just wondering what the latest experiences were.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried this agency recently? Any info on response times? Their website says two weeks in one spot and up to 15 weeks in another. Just wondering what the latest experiences were.

I got an email rejection in two days back in January.

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
I would like to say that in my past experience with querying TKA (who does not rep me, btw) that in the past they have an EXTREMELY aggressive spam filter.

If you are not hearing something, I would definitely recommend checking further into this (or re-querying).

JenWriter

Word Count Slayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jenhayley.com
It's been about three weeks now. Should I go ahead and send a email to check up on it?