Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Sassy, I should have changed my mind about film school. Studied finance, engineering (the programming diploma doesn't count) ANYTHING but film. Anyway, hope you're feeling better.

In happier news, I did my taxes - I get money back, which is bittersweet. Sweet to get money, bitter that I'm so po' I need to. And I'm on day 2 of Facebook fast - I need to get away from some drama in there.
Anyone doing anything fun for Super Bowl weekend?

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We're going to see Hazel and Getel for handsome man viewing. Well I'm going for the man viewing - Hubby said the chick is nice to look at. Oh and i guess there is some anachronistic action or something.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh and I have to do taxes, clean the house, go grocery shopping and I'm sure some other things I don't have the time of inclination to do.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have some rewriting to do this weekend for a section the editors hated in unison. Grumble-grumble. I hope to finish cutting out the cloak I started last spring so it would be done by winter. (Yeah, that sure happened.) The cutting is the hard part; assembly is mostly long straight seams.

I also need to make fudge and possibly cookies for the Valentine's boxes I send to each kid. I started when they were in college and apparently there's no getting off the hook once a precedent is established.

Maryn, vowing not to eat any, she hopes

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am getting my hubby's car serviced and then I'm going grocery shopping. But I think I'm going to the thrift store first.

This morning I did yoga! Not what I already know- I found a show on tv. It was challenging but I felt more limber after. :)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you! I did some treadmill time, but as too often happens when it's too soon after a meal, I got light headed and weak-kneed and stopped after about 40 minutes.

That'll teach me to eat a late lunch, huh?

Maryn, old dog

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So today I made myself breakfast, did some yoga, fed the dogs, took a shower, took my hubby's car to get the oil changed, met hubby at best buy because he had coupons and did I want anything so I went and picked out a movie, then I took his car to the tire place to get his tires rotated and brakes checked (they machined the rotors whatever that means) wher I met a cute 5 yr old boy who sat next to me and asked me lots of questions and played games on my iPhone (and beat my high score). His 1 yr old brother wanted to help me crochet, and his mom let me hold him for a minute. Then I went to our thrift store because everything was 20% off. I got hubby two pairs of pants, me two sweaters & socks and a 'Mater rug for my bathroom for $18! Then I went to Sam's, Petsmart, and publix, where I had a nice conversation with the deli girl about smartphones and the cashier and bag guy about video games. Hubby's friends are here watching a movie and we had wings for dinner. All this to say, I made it through all that with out limping or back pain. :) though my hip hurts a little now. I was cold but a dog is laying on my tummy and another on my feet. :)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What a great, ordinary day! And you did well at the thrift store, too.

Good morning, everyone.

We don't watch football at all, but tonight we'll do our annual sort-of-watching while we're on laptops, eating guacamole and chips, and shoveling the snow that's supposed to arrive in the late afternoon. It's worth it to see the ads.

I'm going to try this microwave peanut butter fudge recipe today, for inclusion in the kids' Valentine boxes. Assuming it solidifies, that is.

Maryn, who has her mother's non-knack for fudge

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As I recall, the last batch did. We mixed blobs of it into homemade ice cream.

Man, doesn't that sound good? You all come over this afternoon. Somebody bring a half gallon of 2% milk. I've got the rest.

Maryn, eating healthy for too long

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Homemade ice cream sounds awesome! Healthwise, it's probably better than the store bought stuff, though it's still basically sugar+fat in block form. :D
I was actually invited to a Super Bowl party on the other end of the tri-State. This was thrown by a guy who quite often does really awesome parties - I loved his pig roast! I really wanted to attend but I just have no energy to deal with people this weekend. Besides, he invites awesome people...and me. That doesn't work.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, my home-made ice cream isn't as bad as the commercial stuff, since I use 2% milk instead of cream. I've made it with cream before and it was... not right. Too greasy, almost oily in terms of mouth feel. Kind of gross.

Not that my ice cream is guilt-free or anything, especially after I stir in some form of candy near the end, but it could be worse!

I don't know about you, but I'm not good at parties. My idea of a great party involves finding the other person like me--usually the spouse of GF/BF of someone outgoing--and cruising the host's bookshelves, discussing as we go, wine in hand. I could enjoy an evening like that. So feel free to swing by and we'll look at my books. Since it's you, I'll even show you the shelves in the basement, where ancient paperbacks yellow largely unmolested.

Maryn, who struggles to get rid of books

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I threw out stuff I'd set aside on the mail table, mostly coupons and sales that ended before Halloween.

But the kitchen clutter goes back much further!

Maryn, who threw out expired canned goods the other day

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for tax papers but decided to go thru the whole thing. I was going todo taxes but I took a nap instead. But I have the papers and software!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday I finally put away the five baskets of laundry I'd folded days ago. Folding I don't mind, but stowing? Ugh.

Maryn, out of space

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I used to go to my friend Betty's house, always cleaner than mine. She'd loosely supervise our kids playing together and make their lunch, or bake a treat, while I folded her laundry. We were both happy.

You gotta move up here, missy!

Maryn, who still misses Betty (they moved)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Could I play with your dogs sometimes? Even though I'm a cat person, a romp with dogs is lots of fun.

Maybe that's the reason Mr. Maryn and I can't settle on an area, much less a city, where we'd like to go when we retire (assuming The Kid has left here, too). We're not rooted here at all, but I'd want a place with lots of writers, which this city's got. Although I hear I have to leave my home if I want to talk to them. Eek!

Maryn, shy and retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.