Fallout 4 soonish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. G. Hagy

Registered
Reaction score
As Marcus said, "the follow Caesar, not Caesar's ideals".

I actually rather liked Caesar. He was a massive prick, but he was honest about it. He didn't apologize for his actions, because in his views, he was civilizing the waste. And he was... A cruel, barbaric civilization of course, but civilization none the less. Keeping in mind that most of his followers were born primitive savages with little respect for anything besides overt displays of power, this approach makes sense. Want to make 80 some-odd tribes fall in line? Make them fear you.

He's still an utter douche, don't get me wrong, but at least he's an honest one. He's a monster, but he's okay with that.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I liked Caesar as a character too. Like him or hate him, he did make some good points when you talked to him.

As for the NV vs Fallout 3 debate however, I prefer Fallout 3. I thought it had more charm to it and it did feel more like a Fallout game to me. I guess I just preferred its atmosphere and environment. It was nice wandering out a place to truly felt like it was in ruin and had been hit by nuclear war, instead of a desert that still had a major city and multiple large factions running around.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
The Enclave in Fallout 2 wasn't exactly nice. So it's not something that Bethesda suddenly sat down and decided 'let us make the Enclave a parody evil'. They already were, to some extent. I mean just look at the intro, where all those vault dwellers step out into the light and into the waste, only to be met by Enclave machine guns rattling aimed at them.

I have never managed to get Fallout 1 to work on my computer, so I can't say how it is, and how it handled the factions.

There are problems with all the factions in the Fallout games. One could say that the NCR is a parody as well, a satire for the meddlesome bureaucratic democracies that end up walking over piles of dead bodies for 'freedom and liberty'. If you listen to the conversations around the wasteland in FO:NV you learn that the NCR is playing no favourites. They want the dam, and they'll get the dam, and damn everyone that stands in their way.

I've already mentioned the Brotherhood of Steel. They're no knights in shining power armour either. :D

TroyJackson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tempestworks.com
Fallout is still my favorite series. Wish they'd pump them out a lot more often. I am not one of those "Bethesda ruined it!" people though. It's different, but it doesn't bother me that it's different than the originals. Some people need to get out of the 1990's. :)

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Lots of new rumors after E3, though I haven't seen them confirmed (or denied) in terribly credible sources. So, take these as unsubstantiated rumors for now.

Source

We're looking at late 2015 for release. Which ... Well is a little disappointing. But I'm ok with waiting if it means fewer game breaking bugs at launch (heh, a girl can dream). It also struck me as a little late for them to release it cross-gen.

As excited as I am with the idea of a local multiplayer, I'm not holding my breath on that one. It's not Bethesda's thing and, while they like to put a lot in their big open games, not likely to actually happen.

Probably rumor mills churning after a no-show at E3, but it's nice to have something to talk about.

randywrite

MySky
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I'll weigh in. I'm a hardcore pc gamer but I haven't been here much. I'd love to see Fallout 4 hit the shelves, AS LONG AS...it's not at all like Fallout New Vegas and very much like Fallout 3.

Imho, FNV sucks donkey balls.

Concerning a voiced protag, well all I can say is I quit playing Dragon Age 2, about an hour into the game because they used a voiced protag.

Fallout 4 soonish? I hopeish. ;)

MRevelle83

Complication
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rpgmmag.com
Ok, I'll weigh in. I'm a hardcore pc gamer but I haven't been here much. I'd love to see Fallout 4 hit the shelves, AS LONG AS...it's not at all like Fallout New Vegas and very much like Fallout 3.

A lot of people on the 'net like to say Bethesda should make the game and Obsidian (makers of NV) should write the story.

While I liked NV as much as 3 if not more, I can see the value in the above suggestion. I just hope Bethesda takes note of NV's improvements (challenges, better balancing, different ammo, blahblahblah).

Status
Not open for further replies.